• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Roy: Hitboxes and Frame Data [3.6]

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
i have a couple questions. for one, i think roys grab might be more than just average. based on the statistics page his range is a 14.523, which is the 5th highest. thats definitely above average. The average is about just over 12, which is somewhere around pit (#9), and the median is right between luigi and squirtle (#16 and 17). if anything hes at least above average-high. that wasnt really a question lol more of statement.

Second, so i know that the asterisk marks next to things like pummel, the blazer hits, and some of the DED hits represent a fixed KB, but why do they have specific values next to them? like the pummel has a value of 100 assigned to it, with a lot of the other ones have varying values assigned. why do they have KB values if its fixed KB? and furthermore, why do all the fixed KB moves have varying KB values? it just seems odd.

Additionally, could i request frame data and KB values/angles on roys throws? is that possible?

Last edited:
lol Roy. Your counter is still so bad. I wonder if his Dash Attack is still wonky from melee.
Roy: 8-20 (This thread)
Ike: 6-23 (Ike's thread in P:M)
Marth: 5-29 (assuming copied from melee)

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
yeah but counters offensive uses are much more rewarding. its total crap for defense, but if you use it for edge guarding purposes it can actually be quite useful. dash attack is actually quite good in PM from my experience. great combo set up, especially out of throws.

And thanks for the throw data! does anybody actually use bthrow?? theres like, no follow ups from it. i guess its not bad for just putting someone offstage, but even then it doesnt have that much KB.

Last edited:
In melee, the hitboxes for the move are not where you expect it to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kht7deE4Zyw
As you can see you clearly swipe at Peach a few times and the move doesn't even have a hitbox on the swing. I meant that I hope that got adjusted in P:M.

Plus, I am not sure how powerful Roy's counter actually has become compared to the rest. So, I suppose the time makes up for it. However, I still think a longer duration is more fitting.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, dash attack is a fully functional move in PM. Hitboxes covering the whole sword and everything!

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
does anyone know if shield stun is the same thing as shield damage? it seems odd that a lot of the later hits of DED do less shield damage than the first. i was under the impression that shield stun was related directly to damage, so im pretty sure theyre seperate then, right?

also, why do some attacks that have set KB have varying angles and KBG? whats the point of that?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I should clarify that that is EXTRA shield damage. A value that is simply added onto the amount of shield damage a move does.

bambii

Smash Rookie
I feel as though he is a good character but he has a lot of bad match-ups.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Have you noticed what characters are consistently winning majors? They are all super janky. :/
The fact Roy is balanced is perfect. The fact other characters aren't balanced is the problem. I truly believe Roy is an ideal character and everyone should be made around his level. But this is the wrong thread for this.

Also seriously that "retreating blazer" is new to me and I love/hate it as a Roy/Puff main.

Last edited:

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Is there a thread where I can read all of the benefits/disadvantages to different attack types i.e. slash vs. sword vs. fire etc. or is there no difference necessarily (assuming that the hitbox isnt made to be better then another hitbox on a given attack)? If there isnt a thread then what's the difference if any?

Also is it just a part of Uair that has 0 frame advantage on shield or the whole hitbox?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Is there a thread where I can read all of the benefits/disadvantages to different attack types i.e. slash vs. sword vs. fire etc. or is there no difference necessarily (assuming that the hitbox isnt made to be better then another hitbox on a given attack)? If there isnt a thread then what's the difference if any?
Certain types of hitboxes have different effects, Electric types multiplies hitlag of the attack by 1.5x and does no damage to yellow Pikmin, and Flame types blow up blast boxes (grenades?) instantly, thaw frozen characters, and deal no damage to red pikmin.

There are a few others like Freeze, but Slash and Normal have no gameplay effects.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I know that we have the debug op now, but are there any plans to update this?
Yes, but smash 4 is a huge priority for me at the moment, luckily not much changed it should be simple enough

but also i have like, 8 other frame data threads

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Curious if the gifs and frame data has been updated for 3.5 and if it hasnt, will it be or does debug mode make it unnecessary?

D

Deleted member

This is still 3.02

I'm currently working on making 3.5 gifs and possibly some frame data. Yes, we have debug mode, but imo these threads are still really helpful.

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I saw that it was ok to make requests

How about updating this

Guys please

NVM LunkyBell is on it

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I saw that it was ok to make requests

How about updating this

Guys please

NVM LunkyBell is on it
I haven't worked on anything PM related since the end of 3.02.

I dislike the direction that was taken with 3.5, and I don't see myself working on PM until:

1) I've finished Smash 4 frame data
2) 4.0 (or a build I actually like) is released

Whichever comes first.

Luckily though I think Roy was barely touched. iirc it was dair and side B?

Top Bottom