• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roy Haters...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Dark Ninja

Smash Cadet
Dude, how come nobody likes roy that much...i mean they all say like 'yea roy is just a clone of marth they should cut him in brawl' cant marth just be a clone of roy?!?!?! and they should keep him in brawl...they should keep everyone!!!...opinions???

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Because he really isn't that great of a character, he has fire and thats about it.

And although I agree they should keep him in Brawl it simply might not be able to happen, he should only stay if he is luigified. Marth shouldn't be a clone of Roy because Marth came first in the FE series and was in two games.

Anyway, the point of this is that Roy is 'hated' by people because he doesn't really have much going for him...

Rebel581

Smash Champion
yea i was kinda thinking the same thing...in SSBB he should have a slightly tweaked move set but thats about it...also he might be buffed down a bit, since his Fsmash can kill some one at 30%...
Did you just suggest WEAKENING Roy? How much more weakening do they have to do? What's next, his fsmash will be replaced with him smacking the enemy with a tutu?

ntpetit

Smash Cadet
Yeah..

Im not normally an *******, but I have to say; it's ****ing ridiculous to suggest nerfing Roy, and his F-smash does NOT kill half competent players at 30 percent. MAYBE if your opponent doesnt have a 2nd jump and has a ****ty up-B, MAYBE.

Christ, people need to learn the basics, or even make sure they have a remote idea of what they are talking about before they post mindless crap like this.

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
omg no one likes roy this really hurts me as i roy user i have 2 stick up for him..ill get rid of marth before i get rid lmao i could finish that sentence cause i love marth more then roy...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Roy is just an underestimated character. He can do some pretty cool stuff if you know the stuff. I've started taking favor to Roy, and I'm a Marth user. I can thank Sethlon for that. ^_^

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Roy is just an underestimated character. He can do some pretty cool stuff if you know the stuff. I've started taking favor to Roy, and I'm a Marth user. I can thank Sethlon for that. ^_^
But after you stop underestimating him you realize he still sucks. He just needs to be unnerfed or every other character needs to be nerfed.

And purpL's right, screw just the tutu. Give him an umbrella too and he may be tournament worthy.

Cherokee Warrior

Smash Ace
The sad part is you cant really buff roy other than give his moves more dmg. If you buff his attacks for more knockbakc then he loses his like 3 combos.

Kokiri

Smash Rookie
I personally think Roy is for beginners. I used to use him all the time until all me friends kept doing his B forward move over and over again. They kept doing it over and over so I tried to use another character to prove that Roy wasn't that good (and so they'd stop doing the same move over and over.)
I used Link and whooped them. That's actually how I started liking to use Link.
Anyway, Roy is good but if someone needs to use that style then they should use Marth.

REDfox1

Smash Journeyman
i usually Dair my enemy before he gets back on the stage lcancel and Fsmash it works on floaters ex: marth mewtwo samus im not sure about jiggs though

purpL

Smash Cadet
Rofl. It actually takes effort and consideration to double post in the wrong thread. Your a F'ing *******. No offence at all.

falco freak

Smash Journeyman
roy isnt my favorite character but i sometimes like using him and plus he has friken gold armor which is awesome but i think he should be brawl because some people main him and i like him

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
Roy is hated mainly because he lacks the speed of Marth, and also they are inefficent at playing mind games.

I don't play tournament level (I suck at tension/I haven't mastered wavedashing/I loathe the competitive scene in games like this), but I'm one of the few Roy players who actually uses mind games as well as counter.

Counter is awesome if used right, and is every Ganondorf player's worst nightmire.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
Roy is hated mainly because he lacks the speed of Marth, and also they are inefficent at playing mind games.

I don't play tournament level (I suck at tension/I haven't mastered wavedashing/I loathe the competitive scene in games like this), but I'm one of the few Roy players who actually uses mind games as well as counter.

Counter is awesome if used right, and is every Ganondorf player's worst nightmire.
In tournaments, no. Against friends, counter rocks ^_^ especially in melee.

The GERM

Smash Ace
no he dosent suck, he 2 stocked lunen and germ so yea and i kno what im talking about so dont go causin trouble just for you to get proved wrong...
...who's yurr brother?

and on a side note, Ken used Counter with Marth against PC Chris at MLG Aneheim atleast 7 times in one match only missed like once.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
GERM, that's because Marth's counter lasts for much longer than Roys. I swear that I've attacked Marth after his counter is finished yet he still counter attacks.

Skler

Smash Master
Marth's counter is just as crappy as Roys (worse IMO due to it having low damage and knockback). Once you see the counter come out your either going to grab or charge up and wait for it to end to ruin the poor guy. It does seem to last forever though, once you know how long it lasts it is just as bad/worse then Roy's.

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
But the "countering" part of Marth's counter lasts much longer and has a better chance of countering.

The GERM said:
...who's yurr brother?

and on a side note, Ken used Counter with Marth against PC Chris at MLG Aneheim atleast 7 times in one match only missed like once.

I think we all heard that one from THE GERM himself.

Legendary Dark Ninja said:
no he dosent suck, he 2 stocked lunen and germ so yea and i kno what im talking about so dont go causin trouble just for you to get proved wrong...

You too, d!ck.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
i dont really like 2 talk crap so im not...i jes state the facts, so yea please dont do the same
We're proving you wrong on counter being useful. Thus you have created trouble and been proved wrong. Thus, you have done exactly what you told others not to do. Thus, the phrase
Lucky_Sharmz19 said:
You too, d!ck.
is actually well deserved and I second it.

mog87

Smash Ace
the character of roy is pretty cool, youd know if you played fe6, but in smash he is rather garbagy, too mediocre, and sucky recovery.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
This is funny. My whole life playing melee, all every one said was how good Roy was, and how much better he was than Marth. The only reason I started using Marth was, because I thought no one played with him. Then I started beating the crap outta every ones Roy. It turns out all my friends were noobs, and Marth was the better character, but its ok I got them playing better now. Theres no way Marth is a copy of Roy, Thats like saying Mario is a copy of Dr. Mario or Fox is a copy Falco. Marth is not only the main character or Fire Emblem the game but also the anime. I dont have a problem with Roy. I hope they do bring him back in Brawl, infact I'm sure they will, he's very popular. Roy will most likely be very different in Brawl, just like what they did with Luigi.

mog87

Smash Ace
They need to let him shoot fireballs out of his sword and heal himself, like in the game if they want to make him crappy like he is now.

Slippy Toad

Smash Cadet
Yea everyone likes Marth...but I'm learning Roy simply because Marth's attacks bore me to death :ohwell:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom