• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Round 3 Stories...I'll Start

ssbmfox2002

Smash Rookie
So I ventured over 2 hours to San Jose today to compete in the Gamestop Brawl Tournamanet, I was Kirby. For thoes of you who were there ( I wore a tan hat and Sunglasses) Anywho.....moving on. Long story short I lost today. I could make lots of excuses like if the guy who set it up didnt accidently re-set it up and changed all the matchups because he pressed the wrong button to start the tourney, but o well. I won my first round and people were hella cheering me on, it felt awesome.

2nd round I fought the guy who showed up first so he got a "by" the first round. He chose Pikachu which I dreaded from the the beginning when I saw the sign-up sheet. Close range vs. Close range (im Kirby) isnt a good match. We had a good battle and it was even kill for kill. SUDDEN DEATH COMES, I am careful at first not charging in.....then I go for my smash air attack...he shields ...I land infront of him....he grabs me.....game!

I seriously cried....I mean to come so far, it was truly sad to loose here. However, the winner wont even get to go on. Some trump card Gamestop pulled out of their hat last second...since there are apparently 64 regional tournaments they dont want to put up 64 people in a hotel....so based on SD's KO's and Falls...they will base the top 8 out of all the winners. So the guy who wont today in San Jose....cant come back or most likely wont return. It ended in sudden death and the SD KO dosent count so his tally would be ZERO..... +3 kills -3 falls.....so that to me just sucks. If anyone wants to discuss that as well as share your ROUND 3 story, please do.

-CHILL

pockyD

Smash Legend
the rules about only top 8 advancing were known in advance, so no one should be complaining about it (it's a bit stupid, but you should've known before you decided to go)

and you deserve to lose if you were wearing sunglasses indoors -_-

IK_GOST

Smash Ace
LOL the same freaking thing happened to me LOL. Good stuff gamestop for having poop rules. LOL. I definitely got screwed over but whatever, i didnt even get to pick a character lol. 0 score for the win! Lets just hope others got - scores LOL or that the winners can not attend for whatever reason.

- papa dav3 all day

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Game stop INSULTS me. I know they do this for the business part of it but from the gamers point of view it's shadey to be " power to the players" When they can't even get it right. Rigging the tournament pretty much with there inconsistently , unfair rules, and even denying people who won the chance to go for the big prize. People who DESERVE It. Defeats the point. Game Stop even is trying to create tournament sites with big displays and stuff ( like the one CHILL went too) but still doesn't fully back it up.

When we open the CGC in Sac Chill we'll have a REAL tourament area, REAL tournaments, with FAIR rules. God **** it.

Demised

Smash Ace
Round 3:

Battlefield only, No items, 5 minutes.

I won with:

5 ko's
2 death's
0 sd's.

So that makes +3.

Hope its good enough. What did the winners get for there score at your round 3 gamestops?

CGCGrayfox

Smash Journeyman
Round 3:

Battlefield only, No items, 5 minutes.

I won with:

5 ko's
2 death's
0 sd's.

So that makes +3.

Hope its good enough. What did the winners get for there score at your round 3 gamestops?
dude your in. Good luck in the grand finals! Most people are going to have 0 or +1

D_T

Smash Rookie
I played in Charlotte, NC. Final round score: +5
7 kills, 1 fall, 1 sd

It was battlefield, no items, 5 min.

His one kill against me, he got a pity final smash. He killed me with a final smash in a no items match.... The other time i accidentally killed myself.

I hope +5 is good enough to continue.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I was eliminated first round by a talented ice climbers.

I wish I had researched/practiced against them prior... but I pretty much was caught by surprise and never recovered.

I was at the laurel, MD store. Anyone know who won?

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
if it makes u feel better, these tourneys are a joke.

they had terrible rules to begin with and inconsistency between stores.
(some forced you to use wii-mote, some allowed all controllers, some forced items, some took them off, and worst of all- they were free for all matches+single elim.)

ssbmfox2002

Smash Rookie
Well the gamestop I lost at in round 2, to a Pikachu *tear* ......the final round was Olimar vs. Ike.....Sudden Death...Ike wins, DUH! sp ....they both had +3 -3...so Zero! Therefore, probably not moving on, so sad!

FrankBurns

Smash Rookie
EGGM? ahh i just guess he is a really good Yoshi player.

As for me in my round 3 I lost to a pikachu that loves to spam attacks. It was close and it went into sudden death. I attacked him and he blocked and was able to shock me before I could block. Oh well, at least that the person got to the finals instead of just beating me then he would lose in the next round. Well the person who won there 1st and 2nd round there also won the 3rd round. If they would have had it at my store I would have won or had a better chance.

TheCubeStud

Smash Apprentice
I made it to the semis, and lost to some horrible bs. I was Mario, he was Pit. I played a bit down for the first part of the match so we traded kills for the first 3 and a half minutes, then I decided to stop sucking and started beating him down. So with about 38 seconds left he's at 115% and I'm only at 12%, so he does what any honorable opponent would do, and stalls under the stage using Pit's cheap flying abilities by going from ledge to ledge and stalling out literally more than 35 seconds. Sudden Death, and of course he gets the lucky hit. I have never been more pissed off in my life. That is not the way to lose a tournament. Especially when he ended up winning the finals using the same technique when he managed to kill his opponent first when they were even with about 25 seconds left. Pit-iful I say.

Top Bottom