• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vez

Smash Apprentice
Why is that absurd? In what universe is there a smash congress losing their **** over these ideas?

I want to move on from Krystal, to this. Why? Why do you think this way?
I just think so many characters for such a small franchise is ridiculous.

Is there something wrong with what I said? I never said that there isn't a chance Krystal will be added. She has a solid shot at making it, absolutely. I was just giving my personal opinion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I am very neutral about Krystal.
I could go either way really.
Not gonna lie. I'm pretty much on the same boat with you on that one. But I guess everyone has some characters they are always indifferent to.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I only really care about King K. Rool and Ridley.

I just have a strong distaste for Krystal hate because it's almost always "hurr furries."

MasterDeltron

Smash Rookie
As crazy aas it sounds, I would love a platinum character to show up. Wonder Red from 101 would be amazing to see in this game. The cartoonish style would be the best match for this game.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Let's drop the Krystal subject...

It's time for this thread to be conquered. Walhart for Smash! The 2nd most popular character in Awakening behind "Marth".

:troll:

Fortanono

Smash Ace
ITT: List six of your favorite Newcomers and how likely you think they are to be included.

Krystal: 50/50 She's got all the fixin's, it's just a matter of if she's chosen. I feel that the "unique factor" is something she holds.
Tingle: Likely Dare I say it? I'm confident that we're getting a Zelda newcomer, and I think Tingle is the character to pick.
Zoroark: Unlikely As much as I want him to be playable, and even though he has just as much IF NOT MORE potenential to be unique than any previous Pokemon choice, I doubt he will be chosen. Sad day.
Dixie: Very Likely I would say she's part of my "on lock" group of characters. She's in, imo.
Junior: Very Unlikely I don't think Sakurai is going to recognize him whatsoever, besides giving him a trophy. Rosalina kind of crushed every other Mario choice, outside of Doc IMO.
Tharja: Very Unlikely She a badass *****, but too much important/popular competition.
  1. Victini (60%): Well, Game Freak is assumed to pull the strings behind Pokémon characters, and with him being Masuda's favorite like Pichu was, I'd say he's got a solid shot.
  2. Daisy (0.5%): With Rosalina being confirmed, it just won't happen.
  3. Kalos Trainer with Chespin, Frogadier and Delphox (3%): With any other combination, it seems more likely. Regardless, I want this combination since Delphox is Fire/Psychic, Frogadier's design is awesome, and Chepin is the leftovers.
  4. Final Fantasy rep, I don't care what (10%): If one gets in it'll be Black Mage, but I'm still hoping.
  5. Midna (30%): It could happen, since the Zelda characters have their TP designs. But she's still pretty unlikely.
  6. Silver (0%): IT'S NO USE! Just not gonna happen.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
As crazy aas it sounds, I would love a platinum character to show up. Wonder Red from 101 would be amazing to see in this game. The cartoonish style would be the best match for this game.
Too bad we can't have Jack Cayman. Or even the Black Baron. After all, he's our local Pimp's favorite Pimp. Not exactly fitting for a game like Smash. But a Madworld 3 would be cool.

Let's drop the Krystal subject...

It's time for this thread to be conquered. Walhart for Smash! The 2nd most popular character in Awakening behind "Marth".

:troll:
Can he headbutt people? If so, he's alright with me.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
  1. Victini (60%): Well, Game Freak is assumed to pull the strings behind Pokémon characters, and with him being Masuda's favorite like Pichu was, I'd say he's got a solid shot.
  2. Daisy (0.5%): With Rosalina being confirmed, it just won't happen.
  3. Kalos Trainer with Chespin, Frogadier and Delphox (3%): With any other combination, it seems more likely. Regardless, I want this combination since Delphox is Fire/Psychic, Frogadier's design is awesome, and Chepin is the leftovers.
  4. Final Fantasy rep, I don't care what (10%): If one gets in it'll be Black Mage, but I'm still hoping.
  5. Midna (30%): It could happen, since the Zelda characters have their TP designs. But she's still pretty unlikely.
  6. Silver (05): IT'S NO USE! Just not gonna happen.
I'd make Silver an 06.
Get it? Because Sonic '06?
What am I going to do with my life.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Top 6 Characters Thang that I went way too all out on, yo:
1. Little Mac- 99% Chance- Needless to say, Little Mac is coming. His immense popularity, stage, previous assist trophy status, and of course, a new triple A game on the Wii all help his chances greatly, and make him the only newcomer that I think is virtually guaranteed.

2. Mewtwo- 90% Chance- A character that should have been in ALL Smash games will be making a glorious return in HD this time around. The most powerful Pokemon alive, Mewtwo, has arguably the greatest shot at making the cut next to Little Mac. The legendary is benefited by Sakurai pubicly stating that Mewtwo is in consideration for the game, something no character in Smash has received. Unsurprisingly, only a character with great popularity would ever receive this notion most likely. All this combined with being the posterboy for Pokemon X/Y as well as having a new movie make Mewtwo a no-brainer.

3. Ridley- 70% Chance- I wanted to make this rating higher, but you can never be too sure with the insane mind of Sakurai. Ridley's one of the few, hell I think the only character who has appeared in all Smash games, but isn't playable. His roles have gotten larger and larger, and the only things larger than a boss would be assist trophy, stage hazard, or playable character, and I think we can all agree the latter is what should happen, and probably will happen. Ridley's immensly popular, and Sakurai is aware of that, and thanks to the Pyrosphere, we know he's no doubt in the game. Guess we'll just have to wait and find out how.

4. Takamaru- 50% Chance- The Nintendo Samurai has a slim but open shot at making the Smash roster. Like all characters here, he fits the bill for a lot of key things in Smash- Uniqueness, Popularity, and arguably Recency, having made a playable appearance in Samurai Warriors 3, an appearance alongside many other forgotten Nintendo characters as an NPC in Captain Rainbow, an appearance as a sticker in Brawl, a minor appearance in the Japanese version of WarioWare DIY, and most recently, a minigame based off Nazo no Murasame-jō in Nintendo Land. Despite this great signs, his biggest shortcoming is that Nazo no Murasame-jō, his game of origin, is a Japan-only title, and his inclusion matters on if Sakurai sees him fit to duel with other Nintendo All-Stars, a title that he may or may not have to earn.

5. Chibi-Robo- 25% Chance- I wanted to make this higher, simply because I love the little guy, but I honestly think he'll make it in as an assist trophy, and his series may get a stage on the 3DS or Wii U version, but a playable character is unlikely. The star of a four-game series with a rerelease, Chibi brings a lot to the table with his toothbrush, and has a very recent 2014 game on the 3DS eShop, but since the roster has long been decided, it's unlikely this will have any affect on the inclusion of Chibi as a playable character.

6- Porky Minch- 10% Chance- I'm being pretty generous here with a 10 percent, because he's not happening even despite his rich and unique moveset potential. Porky's inclusion rests on whether Sakurai

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
So, think we might get a roster reveal on one of these days? (The underlined/bold)

Release date(s)Nintendo 64
Virtual Console
  • JP January 20, 2009
  • PAL June 12, 2009
  • NA December 21, 2009[3]

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
So guys, I'm sure we all know who wants what newcomer the most by now, but how about veterans? Who's your most anticipated veteran reveal?

I can't wait to see a particular box... I actually want to see Snake return more than I want to see Ridley join at this point.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So, think we might get a roster reveal on one of these days? (The underlined/bold)

Release date(s)Nintendo 64
Virtual Console
  • JP January 20, 2009
  • PAL June 12, 2009
  • NA December 21, 2009[3]

I'm really hoping we get someone on January 21st...

So guys, I'm sure we all know who wants what newcomer the most by now, but how about veterans? Who's your most anticipated veteran reveal?

I can't wait to see a particular box... I actually want to see Snake return more than I want to see Ridley join at this point.
Maybe Sheik because Diddy.
And there's some weird stuff going on...

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019

Reznor

work in progress

I want MK to be revealed soon so I don't have to hear "get rid of Meta Knight hes broken" over and over

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

Confirm Lucas and I'm happy.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

I still would like to see new characters more. But I'm pretty sure I would be rather content with HD Falcon Punches for a good while. In fact, I would like it if Captain Falcon got a video with his reveal. Like Sonic's, no CGI. And it wouldn't even need to show off much. But it would be a compilation of Captain Falcon just using his best moves on the entire cast. Also, Knee of Justice does 999% on its sourspot.

EDIT: Sent in the post earlier than I meant to. Whatever, I fixed it.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
If the "Lip Stick" don't return as a item in SSB4 that only mean two thing.....

Lip is a playable character or assist trophy...

lip_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d6cti4p.jpg

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sheik, because Zelda's been revealed and I would also like to see how Sheik would look in HD. I like her TP design.

I'd also like to see Wario, Ike and Mewtwo.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
ITT: List six of your favorite Newcomers and how likely you think they are to be included.

Krystal: 50/50 She's got all the fixin's, it's just a matter of if she's chosen. I feel that the "unique factor" is something she holds.
Tingle: Likely Dare I say it? I'm confident that we're getting a Zelda newcomer, and I think Tingle is the character to pick.
Zoroark: Unlikely As much as I want him to be playable, and even though he has just as much IF NOT MORE potenential to be unique than any previous Pokemon choice, I doubt he will be chosen. Sad day.
Dixie: Very Likely I would say she's part of my "on lock" group of characters. She's in, imo.
Junior: Very Unlikely I don't think Sakurai is going to recognize him whatsoever, besides giving him a trophy. Rosalina kind of crushed every other Mario choice, outside of Doc IMO.
Tharja: Very Unlikely She a badass *****, but too much important/popular competition.
K. Rool - 85% Most popular Nintendo newcomer request worldwide, on Sakurai's radar (through the Brawl journals), fits mold of previous heavyweight fan favorite villains, arguably next most important DK series character, arguably one of the most unique remaining choices, no real disadvantage (a few fan-made ones, though)
Ridley - 75% Highly requested in the West (to the point where it's recognizable in the East), on Sakurai's radar (through the Nintendo Power interview), prominent role within Brawl, arguably one of the most unique remaining choices, inarguably next most important Metroid series character, in SSB4 somehow (Pyrosphere caption), potential disadvantage of development difficulty (needs team's "best efforts")
Little Mac - 95% E3 Leak, highly requested in the West (to the point where it's recognizable in the East), on Sakurai's radar (called "a legend" on the DOJO, which disproves stupid ideas of him only being known in the West), prominent role within Brawl, at least some Punch Out!! representation already confirmed through Punch Out!! Ring
Bowser Jr. - 15% Arguably next most important Mario series character, boasts both unique and semi-clone potential, chances greatly hindered by Rosalina and Sakurai's hesitance to flood the roster with Mario (and Pokemon) characters
Mewtwo - 99% Most popular character request worldwide (exceeding even Mega Man), planned for or playable in every Smash game to date, in latest installment of Pokemon (where being in the latest installment actually matters), by far one of the most important Pokemon in existence, psuedo-confirmed by Sakurai ("We're 'thinking about' [adding him].")

Reznor

work in progress
hey guys leak just came through dixie kong is playable but she isn't alone :b:

mr__bubbles__new_little_sister____dixie_kong___by_varia31-d6e3q5k.jpg

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
@Shortiecanbrawl
I'ma Answer this!
Bandana Waddle Dee: 65%- If we get a 4th Kirby Slot (Which can happen) it's gonna be BWD, little contest.
Little Mac: 96%- I want to call this one a shoe in. But the AT status last game makes it not as likely. Though he's THE most fitting character I think for a newcomer.
Mewtwo- 99.99%- Do I really need to explain?
Shulk- 67% Leads the pack in the Rainfall Trio, and is well requested and popular by others. He's also got unique potential.
Palutena- 80%- Like Bandana Dee with higher chances. And Uprising.
K Rool- 70%- Nuff said.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Good evening everyone.
I was just working on a drawing of Rosalina.
image.jpg

It's part of a series of drawings I'll do where I am drawing confirmed/potential newcomers.
Are there any specific requests anyone wants me to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom