• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Why not just make the Pokemon roster Pikachu, Pokemon Trainer, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and Lucario? That seems by far the most likely...
This.

Personally I support Plusle and Minun too.

As long as Mario has the same amount of reps. (multi-characters like Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer don't count as more in my book)

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
****, really? I might just get X/Y so I can have a team of Eveelutions since Evee is catchable. O_O
Yes, and that confirms that Eevee is the very first pokemon to be obtainable in every single generation thus far, something not even Pikachu has been able to do as it was not obtainable in any of Generation 5.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I still don't know what you're talking about. Can you explain in better detail what you're trying to say here?
Nvm forget it. I just noticed you didn't reply back to my post when I quoted one of your posts on if there will be 2 PTs they should be multigen designed with one having a tema of starters from gens 1-3 and the other having starters from gen 4-6 and I saw you continuing to reply to other people who where quoting you and posting after I posted. Which is why I said I had the feeling you might have put me on ignore. lol

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well I can somewhat understand why. He obviously acknowledges the existence of the Eeveelutions by the trophy in Brawl, but it's more along the lines of he can't choose favorites between several new Eeveelutions, which would be a bad business decision. He'd have to choose one, but what if...there was only one new one to choose from?

It's got the popularity, the media attention, the anime, the new movie, toys, and all sorts of variable merchandise...and why not represent a very popular pokemon that has been catchable in every generation to date, and available in almost every game except for the main three Gen 3 titles, being the pokemon most used for a starter, even in the Pokemon Conquest crossover, The Eevee family is definitely important enough to the franchise as a whole to deserve the recognition of a playable character. But then again, it's all speculation. But seriously, barely anything of the Eevee family in Smash Bros is very insulting...
Well, more a short then a movie but I do see your point. Eevee is surprisingly overlooked and yeah I'd at least prefer it to be represented better in some way. Having said that, I am more skeptical of Sylveon's chances since I don't think Sakurai would favor just one Eeveelution over the others even if it is just one this generation that could fill the role, it's still a part of the group and I can't see the rest being ignored even with that fact.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Nvm forget it. I just noticed you didn't reply back to my post when I quoted one of your posts on if there will be 2 PTs they should be multigen designed with one having a tema of starters from gens 1-3 and the other having starters from gen 4-6 and I saw you continuing to reply to other people who where quoting you and posting after I posted. Which is why I said I had the feeling you might have put me on ignore. lol
Oh, sorry. I guess I just didn't really have much to say about your post. Although I do think a Multi-Gen Pkmn Trainer is an incredible idea/solution. They should have done that in Brawl.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Well, more a short then a movie but I do see your point. Eevee is surprisingly overlooked and yeah I'd at least prefer it to be represented better in some way. Having said that, I am more skeptical of Sylveon's chances since I don't think Sakurai would favor just one Eeveelution over the others even if it is just one this generation that could fill the role, it's still a part of the group and I can't see the rest being ignored even with that fact.
I don't think he'll favor one either, but it's just the fact that he doesn't have to pick favorites with this generation that makes me think Sylveon has a shot at something. Not to mention Sylveon is the big fairy type and the big representation of what the type is supposed to be, it's the first known Fairy type and is probably going to be some kind of mascot for future years as it is very cute and Japan likes cute things. Regardless, the typing isn't all Sylveon has, there's the easier use of extra appendages with its bows and more. As for the others, maybe bringing out the others for a huge elemental beam final smash?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Eevee? Meh, I'd rather see Eevee appear from a Pokeball and randomly evolve into one of the Eeveelutions.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I think Evee would get in over Sylveon, with or without the evolutions gimmick. Because.... Well it's Evee, nothing else to say about it. lol I actually wanna put Evee onto a roster now but can't decide how to make room for it. Cause I like the idea of 2 multi gen PTs waaaay to much making it a good way to rep all gens. Mewtwo seems like it is definatly getting in. And I don't have the heart to cut Jigs. :L

Guess I gotta cut Pika. :awesome:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Speaking of Rosters...

Total Roster: 49
Newcomers: 15
Cut: Possibly One (Whichever you like more, put in the spot of Pokemon. Jiggs of Lucario, up to you)
Newcomer List: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Bowser Jr., Impa, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Galacta Knight, Shulk, Palutena, King K.Rool, Eevee, Mewtwo, Chrom

Locked Characters: Luigi, Ganondorf, Impa, Toon Link, Ridley, Galacta Knight, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Palutena, R.O.B., King K.Rool, Jigglypuff/Lucario, Eevee, Mewtwo, Marth, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Snake, Sonic, Mega Man.

DLC Choices: Roy, Pichu, Dark Samus, T.Zelda/Tetra

Meh, I was bored.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Either you really have something against Eevee as a whole or you don't quite understand how popular the Eevee family as a whole let alone Eevee and the Eeveelutions seperately. Nobody cares about Nosepass, Eevee is an incredibly popular pokemon worldwide, and is still continuing to prove to be popular and relevant as it's confirmed to be catchable X/Y as well, meaning so far it's the only pokemon to be obtainable in all six generations of Pokemon games, something not even Pikachu has done as it was not catchable in any of Generation 5.
OH MY GOD IT'S CATCHABLE IN EVERY GEN JUST LIKE... Psyduck... And Zubat... Even ****ing Magnemite! And I do fully understand nobody gives a damn about nosepass (Or omastar... Or Hitmonlee... Or Foretress... Or Scolipede... Or Quagsire...) But my example of probopass basically countered his argument because he only mentioned relevancy SOLELY because of him having an evolution not wether or not it was popular. And there is such thing as sarcasm. And still your catchable point isn't that important, Swirlix is catchable in X and Y. Therefor he is important, and somehow this alone makes him more important then the other pokemon catchable... Especially with my Zubat/psyduck example in mind being obtainable in every gen isn't a very important factor.

Eevee is pretty damn popular, and is promoted to a somewhat decent extent, but frankly if we're going by promotion guys like Genesect at the moment are more likely, and if we're going by popularity OK fine, he's up there. But Eevee hasn't been treated with much notice in earlier smash titles riding off of pretty much the same level of popularity, and no, Eevee did not get significantly popular because they painted him pink and glued some ribbons on him. To me it seems like Sakurai PROBABLY doesn't give a rats ass about eevee going by his track record and a poke short is not comparable to Genesect and Newtwo's role in current marketing either. Oh and also for the record maybe I am a little biased because I DO happen to kind of hate Eevee (Oh look they painted him black, this is CLEARLY the most bad ass pokemon ever!)

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wow.... chill out...

I don't expect this change of topic to last long before people start hate-quoting, but...

Retro stages, what would yall like to see? And no, they don't HAVE to come with characters attatched.

I'd really like Extcitebike, Waverace, Urban Champion, Nazo no Murasame, StarTropics, Hoogan's Alley, and Balloon Fight stages.

kingmario92

Banned via Warnings
NNID
DragonNinja007
3DS FC
1521-2766-8982
Speaking of Rosters...

Cut: Possibly One (Whichever you like more, put in the spot of Pokemon. Jiggs of Lucario, up to you)
Newcomer List: Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Mega Man, Bowser Jr., Impa, Ridley, Takamaru, Little Mac, Galacta Knight, Shulk, Palutena, King K.Rool, Eevee, Mewtwo, Chrom

Locked Characters: Luigi, Ganondorf, Impa, Toon Link, Ridley, Galacta Knight, Falco, Wolf, Captain Falcon, Palutena, R.O.B., King K.Rool, Jigglypuff/Lucario, Eevee, Mewtwo, Marth, Ness, Mr. Game & Watch, Snake, Sonic, Mega Man.

Meh, I was bored.

Galacta Knight doesn't seem too likely, but otherwise good roster. 8.5/10

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Probably shouldn't of mentioned that... Well now that I'm dismissed as biased I might as well leave the forum and PARTEH!:088:
You're not biased. I mean, I don't like Omastar (Kabutops FTW), and you're entitled to your own opinion, but you shouldn't let your hate for a character get in the way of seeing how important they are. Also, I'm not dismissing you, what do I look like, Noah?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Before I begin my review of Hotfeet's rosters, might I say I agree with everything Venus said about Fire Emblem. I don't care for Fire Emblem, but I don't need to be a fan to support it. I don't like FE, I don't like Star Fox that much. But if I feel they deserve a Rep, yeah, I'm game.

Speaking of Rosters...

Meh, I was bored.
Personally, I find this to be one of your better rosters. Just three nitpicks, though.
1. Galacta Knight is probably one of the next Kirby reps, but I still don't find it likely. Remember, Sakurai doesn't want to overrepresent his own series, he's said that before. It took until brawl to get the next two important characters.

2. For the Zelda series, I can only see Impa get in if Sheik was gone. Probably won't happen, but I would either switch Impa with the Toon Zelda combo, or have a new character entirely instead of her.

3. For the Pokemon series, no ones gonna make the roster perfect. But to bbe honest, I like the roster. I'm still not sure about Eevee being in, but it is one of the more popular Pokemon. But, call me crazy, but I'm starting to like Genesect more and more as a character. But I think we're fine with the five Pokemon reps we all know and love.

I'll give it a 9/10 :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow.... chill out...

I don't expect this change of topic to last long before people start hate-quoting, but...

Retro stages, what would yall like to see? And no, they don't HAVE to come with characters attatched.

I'd really like Extcitebike, Waverace, Urban Champion, Nazo no Murasame, StarTropics, Hoogan's Alley, and Balloon Fight stages.
Retro stages?

R.O.B. needs a stage of its own instead of borrowing one of Mario's stages.... maybe Professor Hector's laboratory from Gyromite/Stack-Up.

I want a stage based on Sky Skipper... it is a Japan-only arcade game... characters fight on the wings of the two biplanes... the biplanes fly over Wonder Kingdom... rabbits, frogs, and playing cards are jumping around the castle in the background... gorillas jump to attack the biplanes... biplanes might have to do a barrel roll... that means characters need to jump to the other biplane that is not doing a barrel roll.

And of course, a Duck Hunt stage. :awesome:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Well now wait a second, Galacta Knight while looking simmilar to Meta Knight does wield a different weapon, a lance, which could actualy give him a completly different moveset as it would be stupid if he swong his lance as a sword, at least it looks like a lance. And he has a shield. I actually don't think he would end up being a clone of MK. But with that said, I doubt Kirby will get 4 reps, at least in Smash4.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
We're forgetting the most important addition:
*Insert large picture of greatest human to ever grace our planet*
You missed the Regginator-fest a couple days ago. I'm thinking no one really wants to go back. :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Blah... I'd rather see Waddle Dee in Smash over Galacta Knight... Kirby's Return to Dream Land was awesome!

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
You're not biased. I mean, I don't like Omastar (Kabutops FTW), and you're entitled to your own opinion, but you shouldn't let your hate for a character get in the way of seeing how important they are. Also, I'm not dismissing you, what do I look like, Noah?
And even then Omastar to me is more top 20 then top 10 for me... OK maybe top 15... 12th favorite... 9th... 5th... OK THAT'S AS HIGH AS I'M GOING! and I only decided to make a running gag out of it because I KNOW it's a pokemon that nobody gives a **** about (also for the record Kabutops is awesome too :p) But still, frankly with Eevee I can see all of that but still I just flat out don't see it happening, for starters eevee's style just doesn't really fit into smash and again I HIGHLY doubt its popularity is enough to merit a full set of eeveelutions programmed to let eevee transform into them... And if eevee doesn't have that... Then what? He'll fight with his umm head... And his stubby paws... BEST CHARACTER EVER! And frankly I see pokemon capping at 5 characters here, and with mewtwo being easily the most likely 5th slot eevee is wrestling with Lucario and Jigglypuff who are in my opinion both more then likely to stay. I see one important pokemon add on that gamefreak would suggest for it being "what's hot" or whatever and I don't really see Eevee as being that special someone all things considered. But hey, maybe I'll end up being wrong *shrugs*

And I will further my distaste for eevee... Which mostly stems from my distaste of the eeveelutions which in my mind are just flat out kind of bland. You see, even with things like Grimer to Muk they at least took the liberty of making it a BIGGER pile of sludge, they simply lack the feel of an evolution, with the only thing that makes them possibly more intimidating then eevee being their eyes... And that's not saying much. Seriously they get huge stat boosts after evolving but they still basically look like different colored... Bunnies. Basically my point is if you're going to make some cool elemental creatures at least make the base body for them a bit more bulky and intimidating instead of just sleek... Giving the fire type a fabulous hairdo was NOT the best artistic direction for it :p

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
R.O.B. needs a stage of its own instead of borrowing one of Mario's stages.... maybe Professor Hector's laboratory from Gyromite/Stack-Up.

That's an incredible idea!!!!!!!

Well now wait a second, Galacta Knight while looking simmilar to Meta Knight does wield a different weapon, a lance, which could actualy give him a completly different moveset as it would be stupid if he swong his lance as a sword, at least it looks like a lance. And he has a shield. I actually don't think he would end up being a clone of MK. But with that said, I doubt Kirby will get 4 reps, at least in Smash4.
If you cam have Wolf or Luigi there's nothing wrong with Galacta Knight, except that he's a 4th Kirby rep, and we have all 3 Main characters of Kirby.

Did you see my new roster? :lick:

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Blah... I'd rather see Waddle Dee in Smash over Galacta Knight... Kirby's Return to Dream Land was awesome!
Well...Galacta Knight was in Return to Dream Land as well you know. :p

The boss battle against Galacta Knight in both Super Star Ultra and Return to Dreamland shows that Galacta Knight's moveset could be incredibly different from Meta Knight, not to mention he can actually use the mach tornado to the full ability to what it's shown to be in the games.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Hey man, he could use the Regi trio and Regigigas. Would satisfy the want of another Pokemon Trainer. :p
THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME THE REGI TRIO IS ACTUALLY PROBABLY MY FAVORITE LEGENDARY TRIO EVER! Still sadly words cannot describe how unlikely that is :D

mimgrim

Smash Hero
And even then Omastar to me is more top 20 then top 10 for me... OK maybe top 15... 12th favorite... 9th... 5th... OK THAT'S AS HIGH AS I'M GOING! and I only decided to make a running gag out of it because I KNOW it's a pokemon that nobody gives a **** about (also for the record Kabutops is awesome too :p) But still, frankly with Eevee I can see all of that but still I just flat out don't see it happening, for starters eevee's style just doesn't really fit into smash and again I HIGHLY doubt its popularity is enough to merit a full set of eeveelutions programmed to let eevee transform into them... And if eevee doesn't have that... Then what? He'll fight with his umm head... And his stubby paws... BEST CHARACTER EVER! And frankly I see pokemon capping at 5 characters here, and with mewtwo being easily the most likely 5th slot eevee is wrestling with Lucario and Jigglypuff who are in my opinion both more then likely to stay. I see one important pokemon add on that gamefreak would suggest for it being "what's hot" or whatever and I don't really see Eevee as being that special someone all things considered. But hey, maybe I'll end up being wrong *shrugs*

And I will further my distaste for eevee... Which mostly stems from my distaste of the eeveelutions which in my mind are just flat out kind of bland. You see, even with things like Grimer to Muk they at least took the liberty of making it a BIGGER pile of sludge, they simply lack the feel of an evolution, with the only thing that makes them possibly more intimidating then eevee being their eyes... And that's not saying much. Seriously they get huge stat boosts after evolving but they still basically look like different colored... Bunnies. Basically my point is if you're going to make some cool elemental creatures at least make the base body for them a bit more bulky and intimidating instead of just sleek... Giving the fire type a fabulous hairdo was NOT the best artistic direction for it :p
They were able to Pikachu fight and Ivysaur fight. I doubt it would be a problem for Evee. So yea I don't like it when people bring up those kinds of argument. :/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The boss battle against Galacta Knight in both Super Star Ultra and Return to Dreamland shows that Galacta Knight's moveset could be incredibly different from Meta Knight, not to mention he can actually use the mach tornado to the full ability to what it's shown to be in the games.
Irrelevant... given Sakurai's track record with characters who are similar to other characters, Galacta Knight still would have ended up a clone of Meta Knight regardless...

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
They were able to Pikachu fight and Ivysaur fight. I doubt it would be a problem for Evee. So yea I don't like it when people bring up those kinds of argument. :/
Pikachu doesn't always stand on all fours and Ivysaur has vines, though you do have a point those characters are simply somewhat different from eevee who neither has the reach given from vines nor does he have the elemental abilities of pikachu, he is a normal type and his movepool is limited and bland :p and if you mention jigglypuff well jigglypuff's... Also different. Jesus I'm making an ass of myself.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
We already know how Sakurai feels about alternate costumes, so the chances of seeing a Galacta Knight costume for Meta Knight are pretty low.
Wait, how does Sakurai feel about costumes? I mean we have costumes of Dark Link, Daisy, Wario, Clause, Leif, Louie, Blood Falcon, Dark Pit, Waluigi, Dixie, and Classic Link.

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Pikachu doesn't always stand on all fours and Ivysaur has vines, though you do have a point those characters are simply somewhat different from eevee who neither has the reach given from vines nor does he have the elemental abilities of pikachu, he is a normal type and his movepool is limited and bland :p and if you mention jigglypuff well jigglypuff's... Also different. Jesus I'm making an *** of myself.
And what about Sylveon? Sylveon has the extra appendages and it's seen to be pretty variable in attacks.

Irrelevant... given Sakurai's track record with characters who are similar to other characters, Galacta Knight still would have ended up a clone of Meta Knight regardless...
That seems incredibly biased, not to mention Galacta Knight is one of his own characters, I'm sure he'd know how to make him differently than that of Meta Knight. Sakurai isn't stupid, I'm sure he's capable of such a task, especially when all the characters of this game are being redesigned to be non-clones of each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom