• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
If we just shut off the rest of Nintendo's cast because "Oh, I don't think Wii Fit Trainer's gonna get in. Gotta make room for Bowser Jr and Issac."
We're gonna end up disappointed. It's important to keep and open mind and not be a recency/request nut.
GoldenYuiitusin said:
Yeah, I noticed people go to a lot of extremes lately.
"Popularity is the only thing that matters"
"Uniqueness is the only thing that matters"
"Relevancy is the only thing that matters"
Are you just as annoyed with that as I am?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Well, F-Zero is underrepped so I think Sakurai will look to those franchises. He's been with Smash since the beginning and F-Zero is a major franchise. Plus Sakurai pays a lot of tribute to F-Zero and likes to add additions to franchise that haven't had any since their debut in Smash.

If we just shut off the rest of Nintendo's cast because "Oh, I don't think Wii Fit Trainer's gonna get in. Gotta make room for Bowser Jr and Issac."

We're gonna end up disappointed. It's important to keep and open mind and not be a recency/request nut.
So Lyn's gonna be confirmed then?

Cool to know. if that happens you guys are gonna have to call the paramedics.

D

Deleted member

So what you're saying is, if Sakurai likes Debbie's style, we might get him?
:troll:
Quite possibly, actually.
I don't see it happening, but it's a possibility if Sakurai doesn't see Ghirahim as too much of an oddball pick in regards to the franchise.

I agree with you though. But you said something similar yourself. If not for 3D World, she might have been considerably less likely. (or the success of galaxy)
I believe I said that if it weren't for 3D World, he probably wouldn't have given her a second thought.
Even if he can envision a fresh bold playstyle, it would be a waste if it was someone that wouldn't garner much interest.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
There's so much jockeying among perceived factors, the vitally important factor of "Sakurai's personal criteria" gets lost in the shuffle.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
Sakurai's criteria doesn't mention anythign about relevance. So unless your relevance factor is on Geno's level, chances are Sakurai doesn't give a **** when the last F-Zero was.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Well, F-Zero is underrepped so I think Sakurai will look to those franchises. He's been with Smash since the beginning and F-Zero is a major franchise. Plus Sakurai pays a lot of tribute to F-Zero and likes to add additions to franchise that haven't had any since their debut in Smash.

Honestly, I don't feel very strongly either way, so I can't really counter your arguments as well as I want to...

But that being said,

I don't think Sakurai's all that interested in "repping" series this time around. His focus seems to be on giving us unique newcomers (every one of our newcomers so far is pretty unique) and popularly requested characters (Mega Man). I may be wrong, but I don't see why he needs to address F-Zero being "underrepped". If he was, would would need to be expecting a Yoshi newcomer too, wouldn't we?

F-Zero really isn't that major a franchise anymore. It was important at a time, yeah, but is it really as deserving of a newcomer as you're saying? I think that's extremely debatable.

He really doesn't pay that much extra tribute to F-Zero. He represents it well with trophies and whatnot, but I wouldn't say there's really anything to suggest that he pays extra attention to it.

Retros aside, give me an example. Lucas and who else? Am I missing something here?

I don't think that's what I'm doing at all. I don't think Bowser Jr. and Isaac and whoever is important to include. Mewtwo, Ridley, K. Rool, Palutena (kinda), etc. are the only characters that really feel like they "need" to get in.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As long as you fit Smashboard's criteria.

You must be:

• Buff
  • Female
  • Recent
  • Swordless
  • Purple
And above all, you're relevance must be in the form of a newly made retail game. Virtual Console, references, crossovers, and remakes don't count.:troll:

(even though Sakurai fully acknowledges Ocarina of Time 3D)
Bidoof is pretty buff.
Bidoof can be female.
Bidoof appeared in X and Y, so he is recent.
Bidoof doesn't use a sword.
Bidoof can wear a purple sweater.

BIDOOF CONFIRMED FOR SSB4!!!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Quite possibly, actually.
I don't see it happening, but it's a possibility if Sakurai doesn't see Ghirahim as too much of an oddball pick in regards to the franchise.
I believe I said that if it weren't for 3D World, he probably wouldn't have given her a second thought.
Even if he can envision a fresh bold playstyle, it would be a waste if it was someone that wouldn't garner much interest.
I don't know, I've always felt he'd be right at home in the hectic and crazy Smash Bros.
I actually think he's good in general because he creates juxtaposition with practically every other Zelda character.
Oh, when you say oddball, do you mean, like a random character, or actually strangeness?

Yeah, her getting into 3D World was the best thing to ever happen to her. Rosalina's my favorite Mario character sans Luigi, so I was extremely excited for 3d World.
Of course, then there's the SSB4 reveal, and wow...

Hotfeet444

Smash Master
NNID
FeliciaFan
3DS FC
1590-5624-2529
Robin could be another everyone is ok with. Though its hard to tell what direction sakurai is going in with the FE franchise. my guess is as good as yours.
Well, I think he'd choose Tactician first since he/she's able to use both magic and weapons, but that's just me.

Same. Definitely feel like the Magic aspect of Fire Emblem needs to be represented before we get another blue haired sword user.
I agree, Fire Emblem should be better shown off than being just swords, and magic is the second big key way of fighting, along with metamorphs. Goddammit Tiki, why can't you be playable?

Well that's all for me tonight, I'm off, G'night everyone!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I don't know, I've always felt he'd be right at home in the hectic and crazy Smash Bros.
I actually think he's good in general because he creates juxtaposition with practically every other Zelda character.
Oh, when you say oddball, do you mean, like a random character, or actually strangeness?

Yeah, her getting into 3D World was the best thing to ever happen to her. Rosalina's my favorite Mario character sans Luigi, so I was extremely excited for 3d World.
Of course, then there's the SSB4 reveal, and wow...
Hey I heard there's a "rumor" that ghirahim is going to be in hyrule warriors, you better hope its true :p if mii is confirmed in a direct looks like that leak might have some weight. Yes i'm getting bored, i'm talking to you now.

Until then its probably not real.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I agree, Fire Emblem should be better shown off than being just swords, and magic is the second big key way of fighting, along with metamorphs. Goddammit Tiki, why can't you be playable?

I feel like a Manakete (am I spelling that right) would be too hard to implement, honestly.

Sleep well.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"Sakurai only adds popular characters!"

We get Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B.

"Sakurai only adds relevant characters!"

We get Ice Climbers and Marth -- for certain parts of the world.

"Sakurai only adds unique characters!"

We get Pichu, Dr. Mario and Toon Link.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
"Sakurai only adds popular characters!"

We get Mr. Game and Watch and R.O.B.

"Sakurai only adds relevant characters!"

We get Ice Climbers and Marth -- for certain parts of the world.

"Sakurai only adds unique characters!"

We get Pichu, Dr. Mario and Toon Link.
I personally think it's a mix of em all.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Hey I heard there's a "rumor" that ghirahim is going to be in hyrule warriors, you better hope its true :p if mii is confirmed in a direct looks like that leak might have some weight. Yes i'm getting bored, i'm talking to you now.

Until then its probably not real.
Man, I don't even believe that, but yet my heart still jumped at hearing it. Any links you can give me?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Quote is all three!

Well, I guess he's popular with the few who knows him.

And he's only been in remakes and cameos since 2004...

Well at least he's unique, a robot who saves the land from an evil doctor. Oh wait....

Espio264

Smash Ace
Well, I think he'd choose Tactician first since he/she's able to use both magic and weapons, but that's just me.

Holy Grail John Cleese. I love you so much. Marry me Felicia.

EDIT: Oh. Smash relevance. Shulk's rad. Still drunk.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
so guys....any final smash makeovers you want? (don't even lie about not liking landmasters either)

Espio264

Smash Ace
Where's pizzamandudeguy? he'd be your drunk buddy or something.
I promise. I never do this. I'm sorry guys. I really love you all. Even those of you who are jerks a lot of the time. I keep going to the rumors thread and a lot of them say Mewtwo's in. I want Mewtwo so bad. He's so badass. But does the whole XY thing make him big enough of a deal that Sakurai will answer our cries and bring our boy home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom