• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina & Luma Image Gallery (Updated 9/11)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A new Rosalina-related screenshot has been given to us today...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. This is the Luma Shot, which highlights the different ways to control your Luma. You can switch between controlling the Luma alongside Rosalina or away from her.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I like the cute little touch of Rosalina standing on her tippy-toes to shoot the Luma away. :3

This is more or less how I thought it would work though. Except it sounds more convenient to control the Luma than I expected.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
a diet of star bits clearly is the way to go to be a totes hottie :V

But yeah, Rosalina is amazing.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Another new screenshot has been added onto the primary post today...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. This is definitely not a friendly girls night out…

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lumas are adorable. But I just can't get over how wonderful Rosalina is. She's my favourite female character in anything ever. Plus, the Lumas would not have prospered as well if not for Rosalina's love, care, and motherly nature. I got Super Mario 3D World today, and I can't wait to unlock Rosalina!

Lumas look like vicious little buggers in Smash, though. Them angry facial expressions. :V

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Lumas are adorable. But I just can't get over how wonderful Rosalina is. She's my favourite female character in anything ever. Plus, the Lumas would not have prospered as well if not for Rosalina's love, care, and motherly nature. I got Super Mario 3D World today, and I can't wait to unlock Rosalina!

Lumas look like vicious little buggers in Smash, though. Them angry facial expressions. :V
Yah u got a point thanks Rosalina for creating me jk.

To unlock her

Hello ladies and gentlemen.

Over the last two days I've seen a lot of people speculate about how to unlock this lovely lady. I can set the record straight by telling you that you can only unlock her after beating Bowser in world eight. You then get the credits and start over in world one. You'll immediately notice a spaceship that wasn't there before. Board it, and you'll be launched to the ninth world: The Star World. The second stage of this world needs to be beaten before Rosaline unlocks. You'll even get a nice message that you've done exactly that.

No need to collect all the Green Stars, get golden flags each stage or any of that nonsense. You just need to beat the second level of the bonus world. It's that simple.

Kind regards!
---
Do or do not, there is no try. Unless you're an idiot. Then all you can do is try. Because you'll never get it right the first time around.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Yet another pic of the day for Rosalina & Luma. There has been at least one every week. Sakurai must really like her. Wonder if he'll add her to his shipping drama.

It seems the move is actually referencing Mario's spin attack in Super Mario Galaxy. The way the cursor moves during Rosalina's move is meant to replicate the random shaking motion players made to spin, which caused the cursor to randomly appear on-screen sometimes. Plus, Mario's spin had a slight gravitational pull. That's a pretty close attention to detail.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
So... beautiful...

Don't mean just her, but the visual effects of the move, in addition to the stage background we already know and everything.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luma's shinin' bright like a diamond. :V

After seeing so much of how the game looks, I'm interested in hearing about the music now. Imagine if they took Rosalina's theme or the Comet Observatory theme and turned it into some fast paced fighting song. :p

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I appreciate that you've revealed the screenshot early. But just so that you'll know in advance, I only use the permanent links that Miiverse creates for the screenshots. Anyway, here's the full-sized revision of today's screenshot, and the primary post has been updated as well.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina gets another shot in the spotlight today...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. It is said that the cosmos is beneath Rosalina's gown. This was actually featured briefly in her debut video.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think there has been at least one screenshot of her every week so far. No complaints there. :p

Though, I want to say something here and everyone is likely thinking the exact same thing, but I don't want to be the one to bring it up.... :V

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Primary post has been updated with the newest screenshot...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. Fallen Rosalina. Strange how calm and nonchalant she looks even when she takes damage. Is it because she's from outer space?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yes! I love this thread! Whenever I want a new Rosalina avatar I can just come here!
Quick question: How are people able to put faded playable characters next to their posts?
I see you have one of Rosalina, @ Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy
I think it's a perk for moderators and premium members, though I'm just speculating as it only popped up recently and it took me by surprise.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a truck filled with new Rosalina & Luma images to show today.

[collapse=Smash Bros. Direct]

[/collapse]

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think there are two or three new Rosalina screens in the new batch of screenshots.

Beautiful ones, at that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Following what sonicbrawler182 brought up, the Destructoid website revealed some new screenshots, with three of them being Rosalina-related. It's not much, but the more the merrier.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I love how not a single one of the Rosalina screenshots released for the game thus far have depicted her taking damage. I can't recall seeing her take damage in the Direct footage either. She's too precious for that to happen! :3

I like the one with Charizard though, I wonder what kind of move led to that pose, it looks like she's swooping down by him.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I love how not a single one of the Rosalina screenshots released for the game thus far have depicted her taking damage. I can't recall seeing her take damage in the Direct footage either. She's too precious for that to happen! :3

I like the one with Charizard though, I wonder what kind of move led to that pose, it looks like she's swooping down by him.
Wasn't there a pic of the day where she was just lying on the ground like she'd just taken damage if that counts

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, she wasn't taking damage there, she was just in her "fallen" animation. Which is after she is launched and lands on the floor again, but it's not the instant she takes damage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Flickr uploaded the exact same screenshots, but at a higher quality level, so I've updated the new Wii U screenshots on the primary post.

Also, a new 3DS screenshot for the Luma...

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So, should we all start gathering some pictures of Rosalina for this thread after all of the E3 information?

Top Bottom