• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina & Luma Image Gallery (Updated 9/11)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Today's screenshot has the Luma interacting with Pikachu, and an old Assist Trophy from Super Smash Bros. Brawl...

Sakurai: Pic of the day. Yellow characters.

O Dog

Smash Cadet
NNID
orionbc84
3DS FC
1521-2681-9055
Wow, that one is pretty unique. It looks good, though I would still use the normal one. It looks like one of the toon link skins.
Thanks, I'm working on a lot of Rosaluma colour edits right now. I'll be posting them soon on here. I got the Rosalina colours decided, now I'm editing the Lumas.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Although the main focus is on Zelda today, one of her screenshots does have Rosalina present. As such, the primary post has another screenshot addition.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That face is just amazing. Both of them.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yknow you get a real appreciation for the graphical detail when you realize that HD Luma is reflecting the glow of the Pyrosphere.

Seriously though.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
It's too bad they don't have the picture if the day right now. It's understandable, but still....

I want to know the newcomers already :cry:

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
i actually think the shooting star bits are her Netrual special because... and don't quote me but i heard (forgot what resource this is from, i spent a day looking up everything about her the day she came out)

the star bits are her Netrual special cause its so basic. Her Side special throws the luma out to one side AND Rosila calls it back when side special is pressed again.

I also heard something about her teleporting to the luma if you hold side special after its been sent out but that's a little farfetched to me.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
pressing the side special again after luma is sent out is sure to send it out even further, unless you use side special towards rosalina, which will most likely make luma charge towards her.

i think that luma summon is also the move that recalls the luma

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
pressing the side special again after luma is sent out is sure to send it out even further, unless you use side special towards rosalina, which will most likely make luma charge towards her.
you know buttons can be made to do different things depending on whats going on. take the final smashes. if you get one of those you hit special and instead of your special its your final smash.

A move example is Villager's item grab. His item grab special changes to throwing that item when he has it. Its not hard to change Rosalinas side special to send out the little guy/girl then call him/her back. Making Luma go forward again will either make it easy to get it killed or be op cause of the range you can get out of it.

also the summon will make it to similar to olimar and waste a imput that could be used for an attack (like I said it might be).

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
you know buttons can be made to do different things depending on whats going on. take the final smashes. if you get one of those you hit special and instead of your special its your final smash.

A move example is Villager's item grab. His item grab special changes to throwing that item when he has it. Its not hard to change Rosalinas side special to send out the little guy/girl then call him/her back. Making Luma go forward again will either make it easy to get it killed or be op cause of the range you can get out of it.

also the summon will make it to similar to olimar and waste a imput that could be used for an attack (like I said it might be).
The smash ball is an item and like all other items you have to press button to use it

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
The smash ball is an item and like all other items you have to press button to use it
that argument is why i used the vilagers item collection move as a secondary example
also unlike other items everyone uses it differently, everyone has a different final smash. so it can be debated if it is a true item or something else

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
Yeahh...the final smash isn't a good example. Neither is the pocket move.

Rosalina's side special is one move, the neutral special is another. Changing the side special to a completely different move would be useless. In the case of villager, his move is performing the same function whenever it's used: dealing with the projectile.

It's like G&W's down-b. The bucket is two sides of the same move.

It only makes sense for Rosie's side special to always retain its purpose. Assuming you can't summon a fresh luma until one dies, the recall is the only logical answer.

Rose alumna

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I really like that official poster (though Wii Fit Trainer looks sort of out of place - why not Link or Samus instead)

One small gripe I have is about her Up Special... I wish it actually looked like a launch star - y'know, gold and shiny. But beyond that, Rosalina and her Luma both look beautiful. The shimmery stars on Rosalina's dress are a nice touch.
She so good she don't even half 2 touch u to grab u she ain't playing

A Rosaluma edit I made using my favourite colour combination :)
Love this colors I want it to be a costume for her

Last edited by a moderator:

Daz Larc

Smash Rookie
Yeahh...the final smash isn't a good example. Neither is the pocket move.

Rosalina's side special is one move, the neutral special is another. Changing the side special to a completely different move would be useless. In the case of villager, his move is performing the same function whenever it's used: dealing with the projectile.

It's like G&W's down-b. The bucket is two sides of the same move.

It only makes sense for Rosie's side special to always retain its purpose. Assuming you can't summon a fresh luma until one dies, the recall is the only logical answer.
so its dealing with the same thing, the luma, remember this is a new game, with a new type of character. We have not seen a character exactly like this, its like if popo could tell nana where to go and when without following him. its a new concept. you see luma fly back to Rosilina when she is being carried by DK. but again this is all speculation. I'm basing my theory off of how much of a neutral special that star bit shot looks like, She seems to play a push and pull kind of game.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I think the top right one in the status unknown one is her just her using her standard a

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I came across some extra screenshots while viewing a Facebook page, and I ran into this one...

I've added this screenshot onto the primary post.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina was on my wishlist. She's half the reason I ever started getting into the Mario franchise. So needless to say, I'm ecstatic for her Smash debut. That and her showing up in Mario 3D World have me on a complete Rosalina hook right now. She'll definitely be one of my mains, along with Mega Man!

And with that being said, she looks absolutely beautiful in HD. I can't get enough of her screenshots.

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
That and her showing up in Mario 3D World have me on a complete Rosalina hook right now.

And with that being said, she looks absolutely beautiful in HD. I can't get enough of her screenshots.
Haha, I just beat the last level in
Mario 3D World with Rosalina. Couldn't agree more :chuckle:
And Rosalina is one of the best looking characters so far! If not the best!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I haven't got 3D World yet, but I did try it out. I really want it, and Rosalina is half the reason (especially since her abilities basically turn the game into Super Mario Galaxy 3, by the looks of it)!

SmasherCat

Smash Journeyman
It's a good game. Pretty much everything is great about it, though it's too easy in my opinion. I highly recommend it though, for sure!

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
pic of the day shows rosalinas up tilt. its not an up air like we thought before.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Wow. She continues to look really beautiful, even on the 3DS. It makes sense that this is a Saturnian ring, given that her moveset and effects are derived from stars and planets. Now I want to see what her up aerial is, since this is confirmed as an up tilt.

Edit: Changed the image URL to a permanent link. The daily pic link should not be used here, as the image changes with each update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've updated the primary post with the new screenshot. I've also updated the Moveset Images section, with the confirmation of which attack is her upward standard move. This does mean, however, that the upward aerial may not be known right now, unless it's exactly the same as the upward standard.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I've updated the primary post with the new screenshot. I've also updated the Moveset Images section, with the confirmation of which attack is her upward standard move. This does mean, however, that the upward aerial may not be known right now, unless it's exactly the same as the upward standard.
There is the small possibility that her F-Air that we speculated on is her regular Up-Air.

It's really nice to learn her moveset, she is by far the most interesting character.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
It still seems too low-angled to be an upward aerial move though.
lucas's bair in brawl started at the top and went down.
no reason why an upair cant start low and work up.
kirby's up air also starts low.

at this point the galaxy trail can either be an up air or a f air.

Top Bottom