• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rosalina Artwork Thread

Have you created any kind of artwork for Rosalina?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeardedPunisher

Smash Ace
NNID
KEVMASTERX
3DS FC
1392-6560-1655
This artwork was so difficult to dig up again, but I found it. I knew from first seeing it that I absolutely must share it. It is too much beautiful! I found it on tumblr and have no idea who the original artist is, but the art style looks familiar.
Also, I'm hoping to make use of my drawing tablet I got long ago because I've been stalling on doing something with that for way too long.

Nadeko Sengoku

Nadeko da yo!
This artwork was so difficult to dig up again, but I found it. I knew from first seeing it that I absolutely must share it. It is too much beautiful! I found it on tumblr and have no idea who the original artist is, but the art style looks familiar.
Also, I'm hoping to make use of my drawing tablet I got long ago because I've been stalling on doing something with that for way too long.
OMG I WANT TO KNOW WHO MADE THIS

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I actually have seen this art before. I think it was drawn from Miiverse.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know it's always quite interesting how Rosalina's own dress almost looks like pajamas, because it really looks like a dress that she can wear for bed.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
kinda urks me that all the quality good Rosalina pictures have her drawn with ample breasts. not that I don't appreciate them, just don't think it suits her.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
kinda urks me that all the quality good Rosalina pictures have her drawn with ample breasts. not that I don't appreciate them, just don't think it suits her.
Perhaps so, but her look in this artwork is amazing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
She doesn't exactly have small breasts to begin with:

The artwork I posted earlier is more or less what her proportions actually are. She just normally doesn't wear any loose clothing/go nude in the games, so you can't see it as much. Her breasts are normally clasped up tightly in her gown, but even then, they hardly look small:

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
She doesn't exactly have small breasts to begin with:

The artwork I posted earlier is more or less what her proportions actually are. She just normally doesn't wear any loose clothing/go nude in the games, so you can't see it as much. Her breasts are normally clasped up tightly in her gown, but even then, they hardly look small:

I think her breast is the about the same as Peach and Daisy, you should know Nintendo is a kid-friendly company.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I think her breast is the about the same as Peach and Daisy, you should know Nintendo is a kid-friendly company.
No, they aren't. In the actual Mario games, Peach and Daisy have fairly small breasts (in Smash, Peach's breasts are notably bigger than normal, though). Rosalina has much bigger breasts than them because A) she's just kinda huge altogether in every part of her body, and B) she is supposed to be portrayed as a mature adult, while Peach and Daisy are more like teenagers in their mannerisms and appearance.

Characters with large and even revealed breasts isn't something that's unacceptable in kid friendly games anyway:

-Large breasts
-Cleavage well exposed
-Had jiggle physics in SA2
-A line in the song for Knuckles' first level states she is "sexy and smooth"
-Majority of games she appears in are rated E for Everyone, which is the same rating all Mario games get.
-She even has appeared in the Mario & Sonic Olympics Games as a boss character in the past, and is playable in the upcoming one

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
No, they aren't. In the actual Mario games, Peach and Daisy have fairly small breasts (in Smash, Peach's breasts are notably bigger than normal, though). Rosalina has much bigger breasts than them because A) she's just kinda huge altogether in every part of her body, and B) she is supposed to be portrayed as a mature adult, while Peach and Daisy are more like teenagers in their mannerisms and appearance.

Characters with large and even revealed breasts isn't something that's unacceptable in kid friendly games anyway:

-Large breasts
-Cleavage well exposed
-Had jiggle physics in SA2
-A line in the song for Knuckles' first level states she is "sexy and smooth"
-Majority of games she appears in are rated E for Everyone, which is the same rating all Mario games get.
-She even has appeared in the Mario & Sonic Olympics Games as a boss character in the past, and is playable in the upcoming one
Um.. yeah, probably so. No wonder I think Rosalina somehow looks more mature compare to Daisy and Peach. However still, I don't think this really matters.

And I was saying Nintendo, not SEGA LOL...
Okay let's not get too carried away now. This is supposed to be an artwork thread after all.
Yeah... agreed.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Um.. yeah, probably so. No wonder I think Rosalina somehow looks more mature compare to Daisy and Peach. However still, I don't think this really matters.

And I was saying Nintendo, not SEGA LOL...

Yeah... agreed.
It doesn't matter, a kids game is a kids game. And Nintendo has a say on what happens in the M&S games since Mario is in it. And Rouge is in those. So clearly Nintendo isn't against a character with large breasts being in kids game.

This is the same company that just added incest to Fire Emblem, as well as some weird sensual touching thing you can do to pretty much any character in the game.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
It doesn't matter, a kids game is a kids game. And Nintendo has a say on what happens in the M&S games since Mario is in it. And Rouge is in those. So clearly Nintendo isn't against a character with large breasts being in kids game.

This is the same company that just added incest to Fire Emblem, as well as some weird sensual touching thing you can do to pretty much any character in the game.
Oh yeah Fire Emblem, who knows how will they censor some too suggestive stuff.
And keep in mind though this is Rosalina artwork thread, I don't want to talk about this too far.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've recently made an important post at the general thread, regarding the last few posts here. Please read the quote below.

After some talking with the other Smash 4 staff members, here's some important information that will be enforced from here on out...

Discussing about the size of a female's breasts is considered beyond borderline. Such topics are "not" appropriate in any way, regardless of location. And in Rosalina's case, such topics will end up alienating any users who are common visitors to Rosalina's sub-forum.

From this point forward, any topics involving breast sizes will be penalized with inappropriate content warnings, and potential infractions.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I've recently made an important post at the general thread, regarding the last few posts here. Please read the quote below.

I think that's going really overboard. I think discussing things like a character's breasts should be fine as long as it's done in a neutral, "matter of fact" context, and doesn't involve perverted remarks, overly sexual innuendos, or ogling. Which was how it was being discussed here. People had a misconception about her breast size (i.e. an aspect of her design), and I cleared it up. And that then went into a small discussion about "what Nintendo considers OK in their E-Rated games, including Mario games".

I was told by a mod in the past that discussing things like a character's body parts or even having avatars of something like smoking is fine so long as it has an "appropriate context". So what is the appropriate context for discussing a character's body parts? How can discussing it in a non-explicit, non-perverted, "matter of fact" manner not be considered appropriate? It isn't discussing the character as an object, and it's actually discussing something the character designers have to think about. It's good to discuss these things, since "appropriate character design" is a genuine topic that comes up for anyone who works on or is an aficionado of fiction (and everyone on this forum at LEAST falls into the latter category).

I can even argue that, since this is the "Rosalina Artwork Thread", this is the most appropriate place for discussion on her body parts in a "matter of fact" and non-explicit manner, since the artwork depicts Rosalina's body. Stuff like Rosalina's breast size, her height, her hip size, how her clothes interact with her body (clasping her breats in to make them look smaller/perking her breasts upward, making them look bigger - depending on the outfit, of course) etc, are all things artists HAVE to consider when creating artwork of her (I speak from experience - I have been procrastinating working on a Rosalina drawing myself, all because I feel like I make her look too fat, when I'm trying to stick to her canon proportions, more or less). And I don't see why that can't be discussed here, be it people saying "I like/don't like when people take liberties with Rosalina's breast size", or "her hips look a bit too thin in this picture compared to her official appearance, and it seems the artist was trying to match it, so I guess it was just an error on their part", or even artists looking for tips on how they should proportion each body part, breasts included.

Sorry for the small rant, but it just really irks me how uptight and overly sexually repulsed this site seems to be sometimes (and by "overly", I mean telling me to not discuss something on the grounds that it's "too sexual", when what I'm discussing isn't sexual at all, and I think it's quite offensive and misogynistic to women to do that on the grounds that you're automatically associating breasts with sexual activity, which is wrong - women fight against this assumption all of the time, especially since it is the main reason breast feeding in public isn't socially acceptable in a lot of places, leading women to have to bring their babies to smelly, unhygienic bathrooms all because people assume they are being provocative or sexual for feeding their baby).

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I think that's going really overboard. I think discussing things like a character's breasts should be fine as long as it's done in a neutral, "matter of fact" context, and doesn't involve perverted remarks, overly sexual innuendos, or ogling. Which was how it was being discussed here. People had a misconception about her breast size (i.e. an aspect of her design), and I cleared it up. And that then went into a small discussion about "what Nintendo considers OK in their E-Rated games, including Mario games".

I was told by a mod in the past that discussing things like a character's body parts or even having avatars of something like smoking is fine so long as it has an "appropriate context". So what is the appropriate context for discussing a character's body parts? How can discussing it in a non-explicit, non-perverted, "matter of fact" manner not be considered appropriate? It isn't discussing the character as an object, and it's actually discussing something the character designers have to think about. It's good to discuss these things, since "appropriate character design" is a genuine topic that comes up for anyone who works on or is an aficionado of fiction (and everyone on this forum at LEAST falls into the latter category).

I can even argue that, since this is the "Rosalina Artwork Thread", this is the most appropriate place for discussion on her body parts in a "matter of fact" and non-explicit manner, since the artwork depicts Rosalina's body. Stuff like Rosalina's breast size, her height, her hip size, how her clothes interact with her body (clasping her breats in to make them look smaller/perking her breasts upward, making them look bigger - depending on the outfit, of course) etc, are all things artists HAVE to consider when creating artwork of her (I speak from experience - I have been procrastinating working on a Rosalina drawing myself, all because I feel like I make her look too fat, when I'm trying to stick to her canon proportions, more or less). And I don't see why that can't be discussed here, be it people saying "I like/don't like when people take liberties with Rosalina's breast size", or "her hips look a bit too thin in this picture compared to her official appearance, and it seems the artist was trying to match it, so I guess it was just an error on their part", or even artists looking for tips on how they should proportion each body part, breasts included.

Sorry for the small rant, but it just really irks me how uptight and overly sexually repulsed this site seems to be sometimes (and by "overly", I mean telling me to not discuss something on the grounds that it's "too sexual", when what I'm discussing isn't sexual at all, and I think it's quite offensive and misogynistic to women to do that on the grounds that you're automatically associating breasts with sexual activity, which is wrong - women fight against this assumption all of the time, especially since it is the main reason breast feeding in public isn't socially acceptable in a lot of places, leading women to have to bring their babies to smelly, unhygienic bathrooms all because people assume they are being provocative or sexual for feeding their baby).
Yeah... but hope you still stick to the artwork subject, you can talk about some of her parts on the artwork which I or other people posted.
I think it's a bit okay, but when things gets a bit overboard, of course it has to stop.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah... but hope you still stick to the artwork subject, you can talk about some of her parts on the artwork which I or other people posted.
I think it's a bit okay, but when things gets a bit overboard, of course it has to stop.
My problem is that things never did go overboard here. Not even close.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
My problem is that things never did go overboard here. Not even close.
Or to say it more specific, to respect the female Smashboard users. Maybe not overboard, but I always feel sorry for female users whenever we talk about Rosalina's breast and stuff...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Or to say it more specific, to respect the female Smashboard users.
Banning all discussion on breasts because "breasts are too sexual" would be the height of disrespect towards female users, because that's basically saying that "breasts are meant as nothing more than a sexual object to be played with", which is extremely misogynistic.

The discussion happening beforehand was not disrespectful to anyone at all.

And let's not even get into the fact that discussing MALE characters in a sexual manner is completely OK and mods seem to never speak up against it even when it very blatantly is sexual ogling. I see people ogling over Captain Falcon, Ike, Marth, Link, and Shulk on this site ALL of the time, and nothing is ever done about it. I PERSONALLY don't have a problem with that at all within reason, but I don't see why it's OK to talk about Shulk's 8-pack in a completely ogling manner, yet it's not OK to discuss Rosalina's breast size in a "matter of fact" context that might actually aid artists. That's a huge double standard. Either both are OK or both aren't OK. I'd rather the former though - light ogling over a male character's chest, or even a female character's chest is harmless, and speaking about a female character's breasts in a matter of fact context can actually help artists, or at the VERY least, is interesting trivia for big fans of the character who want to have as much factually, canonically correct info about them as possible.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Banning all discussion on breasts because "breasts are too sexual" would be the height of disrespect towards female users, because that's basically saying that "breasts are meant as nothing more than a sexual object to be played with", which is extremely misogynistic.

The discussion happening beforehand was not disrespectful to anyone at all.

And let's not even get into the fact that discussing MALE characters in a sexual manner is completely OK and mods seem to never speak up against it even when it very blatantly is sexual ogling. I see people ogling over Captain Falcon, Ike, Marth, Link, and Shulk on this site ALL of the time, and nothing is ever done about it. I PERSONALLY don't have a problem with that at all within reason, but I don't see why it's OK to talk about Shulk's 8-pack in a completely ogling manner, yet it's not OK to discuss Rosalina's breast size in a "matter of fact" context that might actually aid artists. That's a huge double standard. Either both are OK or both aren't OK. I'd rather the former though - light ogling over a male character's chest, or even a female character's chest is harmless, and speaking about a female character's breasts in a matter of fact context can actually help artists, or at the VERY least, is interesting trivia for big fans of the character who want to have as much factually, canonically correct info about them as possible.
Okay, okay , I get it. As long as it isn't NSFW, I think it's okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom