• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rolex Vs Prof Sidebet thread

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
I cant see it

Pls redirect people here because i really want to bet more than 30 dollars.. I'm extremely disappointed so far at the rolex fans

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Gallo69

Smash Apprentice
I'm betting 100$ on Rolex... That's a ton of money for a sidebet, idk why people are saying no one is putting up money for Rolex.

Is Jolteon putting up 100$ for sure? Because I'll bet with brtarolg if not (either way I'd like Prof to bring their 100 to SKTAR).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm betting 100$ on Rolex... That's a ton of money for a sidebet, idk why people are saying no one is putting up money for Rolex.

Is Jolteon putting up 100$ for sure? Because I'll bet with brtarolg if not (either way I'd like Prof to bring their 100 to SKTAR).
I don't think anyone has said NO-ONE is putting up money for Rolex, rather there's an extremely small number of people (like 4 or 5) in comparison to the people actually in support of him that are willing to put up money.

You've put up $100, you're fine and done...now where's the other people?

Also I'll probably be bringing the $100 dollars from @Jolteon since he asked first.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Id like to remind the (two) people that have bet with me so far they need to give the details i asked for via PM or email to confirm the bets.... If i don't get confirmation, bets are off

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Do you have any more friends that would like to bet?

This is kind of a waste of my time right now betting 30 bucks when i'm offering up 1000

Regardless, if you would like to get those details to confirm then yea i can bet. The only other way is if if you are visibly able to meet prof in person at the tournament to exchange money (i can give prof money in person) when the match happens - if you are able to confirm that then we can skip paypal

LOGIA666

Smash Apprentice
No money to bet, but I just wanna say that after careful consideration, my money (the money I don't have) is on Prof.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
If the (two) people who wanted to bet with me don't confirm their bets by sending the information i asked for to my email then i'm going to close this thread

Great disappointment at rolex, most fraudulent fans ever

I'm still happy to take on bets but this has been a pretty sad showing from rolex and fans

Cassio

Smash Master
Honestly, I just dont think many people are interested in online betting. If youre really that interested, send the money with someone you trust to the event and youll probably get more people.

Last edited:

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Honestly, I just dont think many people are interested in online betting. If youre really that interested, send the money with someone you trust to the event and youll probably get more people.
I've said PLENTY of times I will bring his money to the event. It's definitely people actually not wanting to bet on Rolex lol.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
I'll hand over 1000 dollars in cash to prof if you guys wanna bet against me

But honestly i think it's just fraudulence holding back the betting atm lol

Cassio

Smash Master
lol, maybe. I dont really care who wins since I think both are overhyped, but to me Pro's fans are just starting to seem like drama queens. Nothing against Pro but I think itd be funny to see him lose only bc of how his fans would react, although itll be funny either way.

Last edited:

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Looks like Rolex, along with the non existent bets are going to be ELIMINATEEDDD

BombTicker

Smash Apprentice
First time posting, been watching melee and PM for about 7 months super new to the scene, not too good myself but just curious, why are you guys being so mean to Rolex, excuse me if there is something i'm unaware of but I don't know much about this guy but I did meet him at a biweekly on long island once and he seemed like a really nice and funny guy, he even continued playing friendlies with me when our pools match was over, during which we talked, joked around and he gave me some pointers. I understand you thinking you are better than him that's okay and even if this is just to harness hype I don't understand why you have to say **** like this about him. When Vist and Vuduljin finish a luigi ditto they smile and shake hands, don't you have some kind of respect for someone who plays the same character as you well? if not why the **** not? I just don't understand why 2 guys who have ****in nothing to be angry to eachother about are talking **** about eachother saying everybody knows I'm gonna win and Rolex has nobody who believes in him. Well what do I know I'm new to the scene, especially PM, I don't know what kind of history you 2 had so I guess I really don't know the whole story but from the looks of it you are trying to be Mike Haggar or something, but when he does it he is blatantly joking and makes it obvious, it makes it funny, also Mike Haggar is not a top player whatsoever but you are, don't you think there is something to be said for top players setting an example through good sportsmanship, I mean for example Tiger Woods got a **** load of backlash for cheating on his wife, but why? its not against the law or anything, well he is supposed to set an example of behavior as you should set an example as a top player being on your top behavior and not acting like a child and show your opponents some respect, eh just my thoughts on the ordeal I mean its obvious he doesn't want to fight or argue with you I mean you tweeted him and he didn't respond, what you think he didn't see it? Of course he did he just doesn't want to make a fool of himself talking **** on the internet like a child, also Brtarolg why the hell are you talking **** you aren't even playing in the match, if any **** talk HAS to happen its between prof and rolex, which it looks like rolex doesn't want to happen, good for him, maybe he realizes its just 100$ and that if he loses he loses and that things will carry on. I'm not saying the match doesn't matter but maybe he just doesn't wanna spend all day building suspense over it, worrying and making new enemies. I don't really care if you don't take my criticism to heart although I would appreciate it if you would, anyhow I would like to bet 10$ on Rolex, he just seems to be the worse player meaning it will bring more yield if he wins which probs won't happen tbh but its only 10 bucks which isn't that big of a deal so why not, just made a paypal, sent to the email, so do I message you here or email you my info? also can I trust you to send the money to my account if the other guy wins? I mean I may or may not watch the match right away, I may not even check who won for a while after, so are you going to automatically distribute once the match ends or do I have to remind you? eh just let me know when you get a chance no rush.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
People need to get some thicker skin if they are legitimately offended by this Lol.
I doubt they would actually be seriously mean to each other in person outside the context of the game.
I for one am counting on all the trash talk as it is one of the few things that retains my interest in terms of competition, but apparently I'm an anomaly.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Why is this being posted in the Snake thread? I get this is a Snake ditto but this has been pretty much hyped up to the point where it's a community wide thing. Believe me, a lot of people who visit the PM boards don't go to individual character threads to check what's up, especially with Snake since a lot of people don't play as him. I guarantee more people would respond if it was posted in the General Discussion section. Whether or not it'll be mostly Rolex or Prof fans is something I don't know about.

I'm also not surprised not many people want to put money. I mean for Prof's fans is easy because whatever backers you have are confirmed (and from what it sounds like, close friends with either Prof or Prof's friends) so obviously you're going to have a bit more backers. On this thread, you're literally telling people to give their information on a side-betting thing that l guarantee most people on the PM boards have never done before with a person they've never met before. Rolex's friends have already bet for him (Eli and Gallo and presumably whoever Keitaro is talking about) and I wouldn't be surprised if one or two more come out to bet for him, but in a method like this, I don't know what you were expecting. If this was done in an easier, probably more anonymous format, then of course more people would do it. Of course since it's your money, anonymous is out of the question and I perfectly understand that, but that's why it makes the situation that much more complicated. When was the last time something like this was done and was legitimately successful?

I think Prof is going to win btw, so don't call me some guy who's johning for Rolex, it's a legit concern.

Last edited:

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Like i said, if you're not comfortable with the paypal format, then cash in hand at the event itself is fine too

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master

wanna take that sidebet with me?

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
Ok guys it's getting close to the event now

Besides the one person who has confirmed 10 dollars, the other two guys will have their bets CANCELLED if they do not at least give some details/confirmation/ability to take cash in hand/etc.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
@ ELI-mination ELI-mination @ ViewtifulHoe242 ViewtifulHoe242 both of you have failed to give me any confirmation that you are actually capable of paying up or any means for me to pay you

If you don't respond within a few days i am going to cancel both of your bets

Top Bottom