• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Role of Official Character Discussions

KishSquared

Smash Master
So now that we're rolling with discussions on specific characters, I want to lay out how the changes discussed in the threads will make their way into the codes.

1. No changes will be made to a character without be discussed and receiving three "votes" in the discussion thread.
2. If conflicting changes/values are presented, the one with the most votes will be used.
3. Nothing will be changed for any characters until the official discussion has taken place (unless an urgent fix is needed before then)
4. The current physics will be used by default unless new values are agreed upon

This is an effort to allow everyone to have a fair voice about what to change about each specific character. It's also a check-and-balance system to make sure that we don't make more changes too suddenly. Finally, it's a great way to get people to focus on a specific character at a time, rather than discussing multiple characters at once.

I spoke with shanus, and he agreed that we'll operate like this from here on out. If anyone thinks things should be any different, don't hesitate to post up. I anticipate being done with all the characters within 6-7 weeks, which isn't really that much time.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Since no one has ever used this thread, I want to use it to list the things we still need to get:

Teching during SDI
Forbidden SDI (most likely with ^^^^)
New launch angles (Not having weaker move override strong; work together)
Meteor canceling
Throw mods
SDI in the Cstick
Dsmash in cstick when crouching
Clean up NASL
Possible ledge range reduction
Possible edge canceled aerials
Char specific friction
Dgrav mod on air dodge
JC grabs
Sliding techs

Top Bottom