• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocketbarrel through Stages????

Tujex

Smash Ace
Me and my friends were having a friendly tourney between ourselves, and in the semi-finals I was playing against my friends Luigi. We were down to our last stock on Battlefield and he knocked me under the stages. I fully charged my UpB trying to angle myself back to the edge, but I his the bottom of the stage instead and my rockets flew up through the floor and blew up on Luigi winning me the match.

I'm not a Diddy main so this may be old news or whatever, but is this normal? and if so, how the heck did I do it?

Tujex

Smash Ace
I'll try to get one. We weren't recording (my friend didn't have a VCR and we had no other recording equipment), so I'll have to try and pull it off in a match.

Player-1

Smash Legend
The explosions of the rockets when they collide with the stage will go through the stage and hit your opponent. This can actually be used to kill on places like japes and Luigi's Mansion

Tujex

Smash Ace
What's the kill% on a Luigi. It was purely accidental last time, but I want to rub it in and do it again next match because he's been complaining about it since I did it on him. I want to show him it wasn't a fluke.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It varies on characters, I remember testing it back in the day when everyone thought the barrels would be some uber broken technique but no one could figure out how =p. Luigi can die with it around 135-145ish depending on DI is my guess.

Tujex

Smash Ace
Awesome. I'm gonna go practice it since I get stuck under stage quite often, and this may bring a whole new level to my Diddy game.

Tujex

Smash Ace
I'm normally one stock ahead of my opponents anyway, and get stuck under the stage at least once about 1 of 5 matches so it's something I feel is needed to up my Diddy game.

A pro to make up for one of my cons.

Not foolish if you ask me.

Top Bottom