• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

Crusayer

Smash Lord
There's nothing posted on the edmonton gamer's website about animethon this month. Is there no gaming event happening or something?

lilseph

Smash Ace
Hmmm I just kind of assumed there would be. I just I should rephrase my question and ask if there is a smash bro tourny where would it be lol

Crusayer

Smash Lord
I was wondering the same question as Kyle actually since you guys' talk made me assume it's already determined lol.

Frio

Smash Champion
Hey guy I'm hosting a tournament this Saturday no joke! It'll at the university at GSB 211. It shall be called Scissors paper rock.

Random doubles will starts at 1! After doubles we'll do singles. Non of the events require an entry fee! MAybe PM singles if we have itme after. COME ONE COME ALL.

PS. Flicker decided via coin flip

I will make a thread later

brningpyre

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make it, Mark. Sorry~

Also, more bad news. There won't be a tourney at Taste of Animethon.

However, I'd like to do the next RPS on Feb. 2 (Ron is cray). Is there anyone who can't make that?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Last apex people asked the japanese what 9B meant, and they asked if it was that naruto **** or w.e and they basically laughed at them and said "no... it's "nine bee""

****ing american weeaboos

Frio

Smash Champion
no keith means no scissor paper rock tournament sorry guys :( there would a 0% chance of having a TV

Crusayer

Smash Lord
In case no one else here reads the Melee discussion boards,

MELEE IT ON ME (Smash podcast hosted by Scar) is streaming tomorrow with a donation drive in which several people on the show will match the donations given during that time.

Scar said:
3x MATCHING DONATIONS all the way up to $1,000 for Melee at Evo!!!
TL;DR - If we can raise $1,000 in community donations during the podcast, the total amount of money that will be added to the pot will be $4,300!

Every $1 you give during the podcast, an additional $3 will be added after the podcast. Your donation will be essentially multiplied by 4.
If only 50 smashers donate $20, we will hit this goal!
If we reach $1,000 in community donations from 6pm-9pm Pacific tomorrow, the drive backers will add another $3,300 into the pot - that's $4,300 in one night.

Match Pledges:

Up to $1,000: Scar and The Crimson Blur
Up to $300: [el-prog], and I’ll also be throwing in my payment from APEX2013 and the amount owed to me from people I housed. (500?)
Up to $200: Mogwai, Violence, HAB, Toph
Up to $100: Velocity, MattDotZeb

Let's raise $4,500+ for Melee at Evo 2013 and the fight against breast cancer!

The biggest Melee It On Me episode yet - PLEASE tune in to episode 4 TOMORROW Wednesday January 16, 2013 from 6pm Pacific, at http://www.twitch.tv/bobby_scar ! We are hosting a 3x MATCH donation drive throughout the podcast where every dollar you donate to SSBM at Evo, we throw in $3!!!

And, as an added bonus, if we hit our goal of $1,000 in grassroots donations, we'll throw in an extra $500 for a grand total of $3,500 additional dollars added to the pot! And, if you'd like to support us even further, let us know and you can add more to the potential match pool to increase the match %!
Please consider joining in and donate! Stream at: VGBootCamp or Scar's channel

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=330282

While I know you guys are primarily Brawl players, simply having smash at EVO would bolster exposure to the smash community. Unfortunately Brawl is not the choice of game here but any exposure is better than none. So I hope you guys can still help!

Stevo

Smash Champion
I'm on the lookout for a 3rd TV right now. I have a massive one and a tiny one.

I'll be moving back to Calgary area or Edmonton area eventually one of these days (like in the next year) So I want to be ready to host smash sundays again.

ganonlink

Smash Journeyman
All i have for tvs is that one i bring that you guys hate, as well as a bigger one, one that you need to hook a vcr up to an one that has the screen out of place

:phone:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I've gotta buy new controllers (lol Klaw, new resolution is to learn to play with just my thumb). That and I'm working this Saturday so I wouldn't be able to make it unfortunately

That and I'm gonna start practicing again in BlazBlue and start playing Persona 4.

Frio

Smash Champion
Well now I want a wiiU, wind waker in HD:

Zelda OoT made me get a 3DS and now this :( Nintendo is too smart

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Uh Keith, did you forget to change the thread title? I thought you guys decided Feb 2 for the next monthly.

Top Bottom