• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors! (Edmonton, AB) - NEW LOCATION - April 27th, 2013 - Edmonton, Alberta

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You should've told them KILLLOCK plays at these monthlies.

Queue mass fanbase support.

brningpyre

Smash Lord
We'll be sticking with the Japanese stagelist for the next tourney. Can you guys answer me on when you're available for the next tourney?

Let's do it October 20, unless anyone can't make it.

Frio

Smash Champion
what about double MK keith? And can't we think about using the APEX or Sunrise ruleset?

Frio

Smash Champion
Because larger tournaments are allowing double Mk and aren't using the Japanese rule set. I feel like we're limiting our ability to compete outside of our community. Remember Japan? Double MKs destroyed us and maybe our limited experience with them is a cause of that. More tournaments are also using the hybrid rule set that APEX and Sunrise used. We're cheating our players who want to go to apex 2013 out of practice. Just because we find the match-ups hard doesn't mean we should complain and ask for a character or specific stages to be banned (like Brandon requesting Mk to be banned without japan stage list). It doesn't matter if you think MKs a ***** on rainbow, people will still take you to it at other tournaments. We need to man up and get the practice we need. Those stages and MK exist at the major tournaments you guys want to go to.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
And all this talk about MK and the controversy he brings is why he was banned in the first place :awesome:

--

No but in all seriousness, I can understand what Mark is saying, totally. In my opinion, Double MK isn't too much of a problem. Straight up? It's the chemistry that players build together that counts. That's why I want to team with Darren on a consistent basis to build our prowess and get better. That's why Luke and Mark are always at the top (sharing wins and losses with Jack and Alvin). That's why Jack and Dan were such an unstoppable force for so long was because they did everything together. As far as Double MK goes? That's our fault for not being more concise as teammates and practicing what really works.

Me and Mark failed at Sunrise due to a lack of synergy and I take full responsibility for it. As far as partners go (not counting his skill level, which is better too), Luke is the one that understands Mark best. I tried my hardest to keep hopes high, but more practice and faith works both ways. The characters aren't the problem in doubles. It's the players working together.

We need more solid teams fighting together. That was our problem in Japan, and that's the problem the likes of us that aren't Jack/Alvin and Luke/Mark face now.

I can concede to a hybrid stagelist that was offered at Sunrise, if we do change anything.

Double MK in tourneys? I'd allow that too. We as the players need to better work together as a team.

If you're around for Smash stuff, Darren, would you wanna keep teaming with me so we can keep getting better together? I think we have what it takes to be up there with the rest of our top players.

That right there? That's what we need to say to our partners if we wanna compete. Hell, me and Darren almost took out Felix's team when we were at Phoenix!

--

tl;dr version of all of that is? Sure, allow double MK. No QQ, get better. Japan was a real eye-opener as to just how far teamwork really goes.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
There's so many deadly combinations in this game. Double Wario is really mean, especially the fthrow to fart set-ups among other things.

When fighting Alvin and Kelvin when they did Double MK? It wasn't so bad. In fact, I actually found it EASIER because the chaos was used to my advantage to kill BOTH of them easier. It's easier to focus when it's one on one. And that's why Alvin took me by serious surprise this past monthly when we did Sonic vs. MK. Game 3 still, but I got rocked when it counted.

Double MK isn't so scary. ...Double Wario's pretty rotten though.

Frio

Smash Champion
I found double wario to be the hardest team to VS so far. Even their double diddy was scary. Japan is just on a whole other level in teams. I say we're pretty even in singles

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Snake is so sneaky that he avoids 3rd party ridicule.

inb4 that's not the only reason

I'm never gonna be liked in Smash because I play Sonic. I've just come to accept it.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i used to play a lot of pit before i discovered wario. i might go back, who knows.

pit is pretty kick ***

Top Bottom