• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB's gyro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tax

Smash Rookie
Not too much people check out the ROB boards, so I've decided to post this here.

I was wondering, would it be better to grab the gyro, throw it down, pick it up, then glide toss or throw? Or should I just glide toss or throw as soon as I have the gyro? I ask this because I'm working on mindgames and that came up to mind. Any info will help, thanks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Plenty of people visit the ROB boards.

And it would be infinitely better to post it there for more knowledgeable answers.

Almas

Smash Lord
You really should have posted on ROB Boards, even if it isn't constantly looked over. Refusing to post on it because noone posts on it is somewhat ironic.

It's important to note at a start that the gyro is useful while on the ground, if you haven't already sussed. Don't just pick it up the moment you shoot it out for use as an item - it is great for positional play if you fight the enemy near it, and serves to block many low-flying projectiles. It also restricts options if placed close to the edge whilst the enemy is recovering.

The thing with mindgames tactics is that, provided they can't lead to you getting punished, they're generally good. Mix it up a little, and when you have time to confuse them at range, go for it. If your enemy isn't breathing down your neck with their own ranged attacks, then you have plenty of time to try and fool them into getting hit by yours. At certain times, some choices are easier than others. If you're in the middle of FD and your opponent is closing in fast, don't waste your time performing a trick that only has a small chance of working when you could instead retreat and get enough time to fire off another laser or two. Bear in mind, though, that while you're holding your gyro you lose out on as many options as you gain.

Of course, you might want to seek the advice of more skilled ROB players, I'm hardly a pro.

Tax

Smash Rookie
You really should have posted on ROB Boards, even if it isn't constantly looked over. Refusing to post on it because noone posts on it is somewhat ironic.

It's important to note at a start that the gyro is useful while on the ground, if you haven't already sussed. Don't just pick it up the moment you shoot it out for use as an item - it is great for positional play if you fight the enemy near it, and serves to block many low-flying projectiles. It also restricts options if placed close to the edge whilst the enemy is recovering.

The thing with mindgames tactics is that, provided they can't lead to you getting punished, they're generally good. Mix it up a little, and when you have time to confuse them at range, go for it. If your enemy isn't breathing down your neck with their own ranged attacks, then you have plenty of time to try and fool them into getting hit by yours. At certain times, some choices are easier than others. If you're in the middle of FD and your opponent is closing in fast, don't waste your time performing a trick that only has a small chance of working when you could instead retreat and get enough time to fire off another laser or two. Bear in mind, though, that while you're holding your gyro you lose out on as many options as you gain.

Of course, you might want to seek the advice of more skilled ROB players, I'm hardly a pro.
That really helps a bunch, thanks. Can someone move this to the ROB boards, please?

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Everything that needed to be said has been said, but people do post on the R.O.B. boards (Im one of them) so Idk how you say they're inactive...

rayman1234

Smash Cadet
Isn't Upsmash/Uptilt good against Rob gyro's too??? Because then he won't able to use one until it lands on the ground and disappears.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
As it's already been mentioned, search/ask the ROB boards.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom