• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rob pseudochaingrab on Ness

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I think everyone knows that Ness has a stupid grab release, allowing you 10 frames to do anything. Since Dtilt comes in 3 frames and is in range of Ness's release area, I thought of this and so far it has worked.
What to do is, grab Ness, then wait for a release, then dtilt immediately, there is a high chance of tripping, if Ness trips, you get a GUARANTEED regrab. If it doesn't trip, you can try dtilt again due to it's speed. It works, unless Ness air releases, which isn't very common with Rob I think. Yes, this "chain grab" is luck based, but the odds are on your side and this racks more damage than a simple dthrow to uair that you can still end your chain grab with.

Ness is my most played MU with Rob by far and the MU is laughably easy, I just haven't heard of this trick before. Please tell me if it's old news or if it's ineffective.

Also posting this on AiB.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I've seen t0mmy do this in game. But instead of another dtilt, he follows up with SH Fair if they don't trip (which i find crazy, ftlit is so much easier XD). Pretty reliable though, generally if you do this once then front-throw, they won't DI the F-throw very well.

Sudai

Stuff here
Yeah, this was around for a while. Grab release into boxing game. Can really lead in with Jab or just a regrab for a mix-up. Jab + DTilt + Ftil + Grab release (or throw away at mid percents after boxing) lead to a crazy mix up game and I wish more ROB used it well.

DTilt just happens to be the best follow up option off a grab release on Ness, but it's a bit different for each character due to shield sizes, their reaction moves, and shiz like that.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The reason why dtilt is the best on Ness is since he cannot avoid it thanks to the extra 10 frames, if Ness trips, you get a guaranteed regrab. Simple stuff.
No jabs or ftilts needed.

TheMike

Smash Lord
When ROB crosses the stage pseudochaingrabbig Ness, I like to let him get out of the grab and hit him with a Fair off stage so that a gimp can be initialized.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Nice one TheMike, it is not guaranteed, but a very nice mixup. Thanks for the tip.

T0MMY

Smash Master
You'll be wasting your time doing that haha. Allisbrawl is a ghost town.
Yeah, because 8 responses to his post there compared to the 12 here means AiB is dead.
It's just as active as SWF, except without the spam. haha

But yeah, I've been using this against Ness since Pummel-releasing was all the rage in '08. It's also part of the 0-to-death on Ness that you can find on the ghost town site where it's been posted. hehe
And it was recently discussed in the Infinites thread... can I link to an AiB thread or am I going to get infracted/banned or whatever?

Forget it, instead of posting pertinent information I'll just entertain myself with trolling you all.

The Sega Genesis was a bad console. :p

Top Bottom