• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB Official Match-up Re-discussion: King DDD

TheMike

Smash Lord
vs

Yes! I'm back with the Match-ups re-discussions. And I decided to choose King Dedede this time... So, this is the thread for us to talk about the robot vs penguin Match-up. :p

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
out spaming him is good ****.

he is hard to kill has the annoying cg and stupid grab range and he is heavy off the top (which is were rob can kill the earliest). His bair is very good

His kill moves are easy to see coming, he is a big target, you can rack up dmg when he is off the stage, easy punished recovery.

idk this MU that well but it seems about even maybe slight advantage for rob since the few times i have played a DDD i found it annoying but i did not feel like i was being countered.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
iits a very tedious matchup but very winnable. just dont get grabbed.

if D3 is in the air, dont stay behind him, or you'll get bairs in the face all day.powershielding + your gay projectiles. is key for to beat out his waddles. fresh gordos kill in the early 90's (?) keep a good eye on it, and dont get complacent.

dont got off stage to gimp, his aerials are too good, force the upB then spike.

watch out for uptilt. nasty kill move.

patience is key. have fun

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
iits a very tedious matchup but very winnable. just dont you will get grabbed.

if D3 is in the air, dont stay behind him, or you'll get bairs in the face all day.powershielding + your gay projectiles. is key for to beat out his waddles. fresh gordos kill in the early 90's (?) keep a good eye on it, and dont get complacent.

dont got off stage to gimp, his aerials are too good, force the upB then spike bair and repeat / follow up for nair kill up top.

watch out for uptilt. nasty kill move.

patience is key. have fun
kinda fixd

TheMike

Smash Lord
DDD players need to learn how to approach as ROB's only option is his Camper Game. Dash > Shield is probably their best option, then something OoS with good range to punish ROB, like Ftilt, which is a great option. Since DDD is close to ROB, he can do ****.

ROB has no escape, he'll be chain grabbed, DDD will win in the air and, the worst thing, is when he takes the poor robot off-stage, where he usually does a good job in most of his match-ups, but on this one, it's completely differenty >.>

DDD > ROB off-stage on this MU.

In close range, ROB needs to play intelligently, punishing DDD when he's desperate to get a CG. ROB will have some trouble for killing, as DDD is heavy and he can't go off-stage against him...

Again, here DDD has the advantage: ROB is a big target(DDD's also an one, but he too heavy to suffer with KOs) and the penguin's Utilt is amazing.

For stages, if ROB has problems with CG, Smashville is the best option as the stage is shorter than usual and the CG will be reduced, but IMO the best neutral is FD... a big stage that allows our camper game <3 For CPs, Norfair, but ROB will certainly have many Bairs. Brinsta rmay be a nice option as well because DDD will have some problems for the CG, and when the stage is divided, ROB can camp well and he'll find less problem for KOs.

For DDD, Delfino, Castle Siege for obvious reasons.

60-40 for DDD.

Tekk

Smash Lord
This matchup is obv in King Dedede favor:
Just know that a good Dedede will NEVER try to directly waddle a ROB (I personally just throw a waddle onstage to counter Gyro)

You can't really outspam Dedede if he approaches with dashing+ PS
Be extremely carefully when you're offstage, DDD is one of the chars that can actually gimp ROB, ROB being one of the easiest char to WoP with bair.
Dsmash carefully, I'm not sure but I'd say that a ROB shall never do the spotdodge to Dsmash thing because any good players will predict the Dsmash and shieldgrab you > free CG
You'll have a hard time killing him because of his bunch of sexyness, you can try to force the UpB then Bair/Upsmash if the DDD does a mistake.

Your bair is your best killing move in that matchup imo, so try not to stale him !
60:40 DDD's favor, maybe more, I didnt played thaaaat much of good ROBs tho, so is my summary very arguable I guess.

Have a good day.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Rob can edge guard DDD pretty well with Fair's, cause D3 is as slow as molasses in the air. This is the only way to score an early kill on the fat duck. When we are coming back to the stage, recover lower then D3 then Uair because we are not on the same level as him so he can't Fair' or Bair us.

On stage, spam until u can't spam anymore. Don't ever Ftilt because it is within his ridiculous grab range o.O. He can approach in the air and counter spam us, don't let the waddle doo's stay on the stage, they will cause problem later on. Short hop Fairs when he is close, counter grab him because they think to powersheild right, and if done properly, after they get Dthowed once, watch how they react and then Dthrow again. This way using thos strategy's u can save ur Bair, and your Nair. Only U smash when he recovers with upB, or when he is on a platform, the whole point of our ground game is to avoid getting grabbed.

This being said, he survives way longer then us, if he gets the grab, it *****, he has so many kill options on us that its ridiculous, and can kill us way earlier. We don't really have a stage we can wreck him on. We want FD pretty much,stay away from Battlefeild, Delfino, Rainbow cruise, and Castle siege (Ban Delfino). Frigate can also be a good CP, the chain grab space is small, and when the stage flips, ROB can camp on the right hand side, refuling his jets when the plat form comes out.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
60-40 DDD.

You have to camp like hell in this MU. Harass him with both Gyro and Laser as much as possible. What I do is SH Bair away from him and harass him. Since he's big, killing will resort in either Nairs of Bairs (more than likely bairs). Jab is your best friend if you find yourself stuck where you may be CG. Overall, playing patient as possible and stay away from CG range and offstage gimps. As far as stages, FD/SV are the best neutrals. I like Frigate and Japes if you can avoid DDD's Bair. Norfair is also good if you have CG problems, but I suck there lol.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
60-40 DDD.

You have to camp like hell in this MU. Harass him with both Gyro and Laser as much as possible. What I do is SH Bair away from him and harass him. Since he's big, killing will resort in either Nairs of Bairs (more than likely bairs). Jab is your best friend if you find yourself stuck where you may be CG. Overall, playing patient as possible and stay away from CG range and offstage gimps. As far as stages, FD/SV are the best neutrals. I like Frigate and Japes if you can avoid DDD's Bair. Norfair is also good if you have CG problems, but I suck there lol.
Eh, I think retreating SH Fair> bair when he approaches...

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
If he gets close.....tilts, Fairs and grabs are all you use. In this MU you have to no how to harness your Spacing w/ tilts and F-airs. :)
I promise this should work if you do it correctly.
Otherwise if he's far away camp like *****. If he throws too many Waddle-dorks and Waddle-des than laser. Camping this isn't the hard part....... it's keep him @ "bay", which is hard.

EDIT: Just some thing I thought would help....and be interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzsm5f3VmNE

Top Bottom