• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ROB mains, what can I do for you?

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Beepboop.
You guys haven't seen me here much lately like you did in the beginning of Smash 4.
I still play ROB like crazy. I compete at every opportunity I have, but now I'm trying a few things out.
On top of my full time job and tournaments, I'm delving into streaming and YouTube.
From both of those new platforms that I'm pursuing, what can I do for you?
I mean, I have some ideas. For streaming I play against players and if they want feedback, they ask for it.
For YouTube, I make a ton of Anther's Ladder videos featuring my ROB with live commentary and then I do some vlogs here and there.
But what else?
I know you want ROB videos. But what kind?
I will be doing one on the gyro soon. Showcasing how it truly behaves and the options it opens up for you.
I don't want to do one big massive guide video simply because ROB is growing, he changing and so I want that freedom to make a video on a new topic when needed. I might even do a Matchup series. That would be a big project.

I want to apologize for not being around as much. No, I'm not the best ROB around or anything, so you're not missing out on the highest level of knowledge. But I really love it here and I love you guys and I want to help in any way I possibly can. So if I'm able to do that, I most certainly will :)

Looking forward to helping out.
In the meantime, beepboop.

ROBSquad out.

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
Just watching you playing on youtube has upgraded my play a lot all ready. Keep up the good work and suprise us with new gyro kill setups :)

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
More advanced tutorial videos. Well edited and good explanations

Plategoron

Smash Rookie
NNID
Plategoron
Give advanced tips on how to handle:
1. characters, that will try to keep you on distance themselves / MUs, where ROB might have to approach
2. characters, that can rush you down and keep the pressure high
3. avoid being edgeguarded by good offstage characters

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I hope to get ahead on my Anther's Ladder videos within a week. After that, I will begin working on ROB vids.

Give advanced tips on how to handle:
1. characters, that will try to keep you on distance themselves / MUs, where ROB might have to approach
2. characters, that can rush you down and keep the pressure high
3. avoid being edgeguarded by good offstage characters
Taking note of this.

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
I think tips on certain ATs with the gyro and movement in general would be very helpful. I would also like to see some combo tutorials or general match up discussion from you.

FalconXD

Smash Cadet
NNID
ItalianFalcon
Make a video discussing your opinions on ROB's customs and which of his custom-sets are most viable for tournaments that allow customs.

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Hey Mister Eric,

First off, HUGE fan of your Youtube channel and your playstyle in general. I've learned a lot from you and it's helped turn my ROB's reputation among my friends from a big nuisance to a giant terror.

I just have a tiny bit of feedback regarding your Anther's Ladder series. I was wondering if you would reconsider not putting your win/loss record on the title card for the videos. I know that for me and assumably many others, we cannot watch each video you put out on the day it comes out and when I go back to catch up, it's a little disappointing knowing you already won or lost a match from the next video's title card before getting to watch it myself. Just a small suggestion.

Other than that though, great job and I love your work!

Last edited:

Mister Eric

NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I am compiling a list and doing what I think is feasible for the time being.

Hey Mister Eric,

First off, HUGE fan of your Youtube channel and your playstyle in general. I've learned a lot from you and it's helped turn my ROB's reputation among my friends from a big nuisance to a giant terror.

I just have a tiny bit of feedback regarding your Anther's Ladder series. I was wondering if you would reconsider not putting your win/loss record on the title card for the videos. I know that for me and assumably many others, we cannot watch each video you put out on the day it comes out and when I go back to catch up, it's a little disappointing knowing you already won or lost a match from the next video's title card before getting to watch it myself. Just a small suggestion.

Other than that though, great job and I love your work!
Thanks for the kind words! So happy to hear it's helping.
And yes, I see your point. My apologies for that. Is it ok that I leave my current rank going into the match? I know that can be a smaller indicator.
I guess at the time I was treating it like actual fights would. I wanted to show the record of my opponent but I'm not allowed to see the number of losses they have I don't think. I'll highly consider removing the win loss record. Thanks for your input. <3

Last edited:

TreeFire80

Smash Cadet
Is it ok that I leave my current rank going into the match? I know that can be a smaller indicator.
I think it would be fine keeping your current rank as that's not nearly as noticeable. Honestly I never even thought of that being a giveaway until you mentioned it. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Peeko

Smash Cadet
ROB is the best. If you make videos about him (being a pretty interesting character to say the least) it could really help him out in terms of viability. He needs that because I think he can be very good.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Extended MU guides for the top tiers (or any other significant / problematic MUs) would be amazing. This is a huge problem for all R.O.B mains, as it's some of our worst match ups. What I like about your Anther's Ladder videos is that you give some MU knowledge in them, and it helps me learn how to fight specific characters.

Analyzing your matches with Bengals, Boss, etc. Anything to give some break down of the thought process and decision making in high level R.O.B play.

Last edited:

euROBot

Smash Rookie
Hey there MisterEric! Just wanted to say thanks for getting me into Smash4. I work for Nintendo doing their advertising (I worked on the Settle it In Smash campaign) but I've only recently gotten involved in Smash and R.O.B is easily my favorite. I am going to start using my tag, "euROBot" around For Glory (even though I'm not that good) so maybe you'll see me one day! Love your streams!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Third post on here looooool I'm needy.

I feel like these boards would be a lot more active if you participated in them more. Helping noobies, participating in MU / Stage discussions, giving advice, etc.. I know you're a professional player with a job and I can't ask the world of you, but I think participation from high level players could really revive these boards. They're very dead. I've been trying very hard to keep content and discussion going but a forum with <10 participating members can't support itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom