• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Road to LTC]Play a Real Game- Project M and Melee - October 26th, 2013 - Irving, TX

What stage on the front page do you think is the most replaceable?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted member

I dont understand why you hate a char for existing but okay, stay salty over literally nothing.

D

Deleted member

I dont understand why you hate a char for existing but okay, stay salty over literally nothing.
It isn't like that haha

I just didn't like Toon Link growing up, I really didn't like the Wind Waker that much, preferred Majoras and the older ones.

But I haven't played Wind Waker since I was younger, so maybe I should buy it and pop it into my GameCube lol

D

Deleted member

It isn't like that haha

I just didn't like Toon Link growing up, I really didn't like the Wind Waker that much, preferred Majoras and the older ones.

But I haven't played Wind Waker since I was younger, so maybe I should buy it and pop it into my GameCube lol
I have a copy if you want to come over and play it for awhile. I also have the guide for the game if you're scrubish and can't figure out simple puzzles.

-

@Oracle I posted my flyer thing at school and so far I know of two people that are interested in checking the tournament scene out: Razck and Torqito. Razck plays Fox and Torqito plays Samus.
They mainly play 64, so hopefully they can warm up to competitive Melee a little easier than most people.
They both aren't confirmed to be coming at the moment, but they both told me they are very interested.

Torin (Toon Link/Young Link Player) and TR8NR (Ivysaur Player) are confirmed at the moment I believe.

-
It's 4:35AM. I'm Bored. Let's make promotional trailers.​

D

Deleted member

*winning* Hey lets make this mm 10 dollars
*losing* this is just a friendly right
ok yeah apparently that's how it works now, cool.

D

Deleted member

*winning* Hey lets make this mm 10 dollars
*losing* this is just a friendly right
ok yeah apparently that's how it works now, cool.
You already know that I'm not gonna beat you, so what does it matter?

D

Deleted member

Funny thing is that I had that mentality going against Bwett, UTDZac, and Disafter at Dime 4. I thought I had no chance. Upsets happen. I would prefer for you not to get into a bad mentality like that, sure I ended up in 2nd but tbh I wish I never developed this habit of not trusting myself/getting mad over w/e happens. As even oracle says I could be an amazing player, better than I am right now if I just got what I have under control

D

Deleted member

Funny thing is that I had that mentality going against Bwett, UTDZac, and Disafter at Dime 4. I thought I had no chance. Upsets happen. I would prefer for you not to get into a bad mentality like that, sure I ended up in 2nd but tbh I wish I never developed this habit of not trusting myself/getting mad over w/e happens. As even oracle says I could be an amazing player, better than I am right now if I just got what I have under control
It's fine, don't worry about it. I don't have that kind of mentality at all, I just don't feel good today that's all. I'm gonna be straight up honest with you, I think I can beat your Marth haha. But I'm gonna stick to my dollar mm, because the other 4 dollars can get me extra lunch.

D

Deleted member

If you're straight up honest that you can beat my marth then why not make it 5 dollars? 5 x 2 = 10. 10 DOLLARS FOR LUNCH

D

Deleted member

there goes 4 dollars you could have spent on food
4 DOLLARS

PureYeti

Smash Cadet
This is will be my first smash tournament I will be spectating. I'm not ready to compete yet. If I was, I would be late on my first match :urg: . Hopefully I can play some friendlies there and learn.

D

Deleted member

This is will be my first smash tournament I will be spectating. I'm not ready to compete yet. If I was, I would be late on my first match :urg: . Hopefully I can play some friendlies there and learn.
Sounds good. Its always good to see new people :3

If you see me, I'll be hanging with a dude that's 6'4ish with sorta long blonde hair and a kid that claims that cartoon horses make you homosexual. Basically, two really cool people, and me.

D

Deleted member

Sounds good. Its always good to see new people :3

If you see me, I'll be hanging with a dude that's 6'4ish with sorta long blonde hair and a kid that claims that cartoon horses make you homosexual. Basically, two really cool people, and me.
Since when was ZachAttax64 so cool? :dkmelee:
Anywho, I'm the tall blondie with longer hair than you.

Welcome to the Smash scene!
Do you play Project: M, Melee, or both? What characters do you play?
Also, remember to pay the venue/ltc fee if you're going to spectate and play friendlies.

PureYeti

Smash Cadet
Since when was ZachAttax64 so cool? :dkmelee:

Welcome to the Smash scene!
Do you play Project: M, Melee, or both? What characters do you play?
Also, remember to pay the venue/ltc fee if you're going to spectate and play friendlies.
I will plan to play both but I have only the black wii. I need to find a way to play Melee and get Project M to work. Shoot I will even play Brawl if any tv has it. For the characters, have a character crisis so I haven't made my decision who to play yet :)

D

Deleted member

I will plan to play both but I have only the black wii. I need to find a way to play Melee and get Project M to work. Shoot I will even play Brawl if any tv has it. For the characters, have a character crisis so I haven't made my decision who to play yet :)
My best recommendation is shoot yourself on over to FX Game Exchange and pick up a Gen 1 Wii for around 60 bucks and see if you can get a copy of Melee (Make sure it's NTSC version 1.2!) over on Ebay. Make sure you get yourself a Gamecube controller too, if you don't have one. Never get third party controllers!

How to find out what copy of Melee you have: Look at the back of your game disk. Near the middle, there should be really small text. If it says:
DOL-GALE 0-00, you have NTSC 1.0.
DOL-GALE 0-01, you have NTSC 1.1.
DOL-GALE 0-02, you have NTSC 1.2.
If the air you breathe doesn't taste like sweet freedom, you most likely have PAL.

Here's my guide on setting up Project: M:
To play Project: Melee, you will need a 2gb or less SD card that is formatted to FAT32. If your Wii isn't hacked and doesn't have the homebrew channel, you have an option to download a hackless version of Project: M.
(For the Hackless method, you can download a hackless version of the full set by clicking HERE).
If you want to use the homebrew pack (recommended) You can get the Homebrew Channel here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Channel
(You can install the Homebrew Channel though any method, but we recommend the Smash Stack method.)
(For the Homebrew channel method, you can download a homebrew version of the full set by clicking HERE.)
To boot up project M the hackless way, boot brawl normally through the disk channel and visit the Stage builder in the vault with your SD card inserted into your Wii AFTER deleting ALL your custom stages from your Wii (even the ones that come with every save file of Brawl!). Project M should then load up.
To boot up project M the homebrew way, insert your brawl disk and boot up the homebrew channel and inserting your SD card. Go into Gecko OS and launch the game. Project M should then load up.
***I am not responsible for any damage you cause to your Wii/Brawl/SD card.***
***To avoid glitches, defragment your SD card after putting files onto it. Make sure you test your SD cards before any event you attend!***
Project M and the Homebrew Channel will NOT hurt your Wii. If you want to play Brawl normally, then don't play Brawl with your SD card inserted into your Wii and boot it normally from the disk channel.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
I agree that a good Toon Link can definitely put in work, but like Zach said, he is very susceptible to hard pressure. He also dies pretty early, anyone with a projectile can mess up his bomb jump pretty easily. His combos are the most fun for me though.

P.S. Wind Waker Link is the best Link.

WaterlessFishie

Smash Journeyman
i only have 1.0. and i have two of them. the glitches in there only affect low tiers and samus so it really doesn't matter tbh

drew are you going to this tourney?

D

Deleted member

You might want to think before you open your mouth
There are no character specific changes for those two characters Zach. There is this global change though:
"If a hitbox stales below 1% damage (Samus' Up B, Peach's Up B, Zelda's Forward Smash's initial hits) hitlag is 0 frames, making SDI & Trajectory DI impossible (1.0, 1.1 NTSC)"

D

Deleted member

It still changes them... That was my point.
One week away hype, I still need a teammate for this

D

Deleted member

I specifically said that there were no changes between the two characters.
Learn the difference between global mechanic changes and local character changes. Jeez.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty hyped right now too lol

My fingers hurt pretty bad right now though (I'm hoping it isn't Carpal Tunnel), I'm going to hope it will wear off soon, (I'm gonna assume it will) because my fingers feel a little bit better compared to how they felt Yesterday.

D

Deleted member

I'm pretty hyped right now too lol

My fingers hurt pretty bad right now though (I'm hoping it isn't Carpal Tunnel), I'm going to hope it will wear off soon, (I'm gonna assume it will) because my fingers feel a little bit better compared to how they felt Yesterday.

What causes carpal tunnel syndrome?
Pressure on the median nerve causes carpal tunnel syndrome. This pressure can come from swelling or anything that makes the carpal tunnel smaller. Things that can lead to carpal tunnel syndrome include:
  • Illnesses such as hypothyroidism, rheumatoid arthritis, and diabetes.
  • Pregnancy.
  • Obesity.
  • Making the same hand movements over and over, especially if the wrist is bent down (your hands lower than your wrists), or making the same wrist movements over and over.
  • Wrist injuries and bone spurs.
  • Smoking, because it can reduce blood flow to the median nerve.
I think you have the second symptom. :dkmelee:
In all seriousness, you might have symptom four if you've been doing Wave-Dashes over and over while holding the controller oddly for a long period of time. It might not be because of WDing so much, but just in case take it easy and don't strain yourself. Get well soon dude.

D

Deleted member

Scotch probably chipped a nail or something and is acting like he needs to go to the ER

D

Deleted member

Scotch probably chipped a nail or something and is acting like he needs to go to the ER
You're right

There's a salon near the venue, so I can finally get my nails done.

what the hell, I'll get a pedicure too

D

Deleted member

Sethlons going so thats PMBR coming. I know for our last 2.1 tournament we had a pre 2.5 setup, so can we get roy/m2 at the very end of this?

Top Bottom