• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Road to Apex: Phoenix Saga: Part 6

AO2

Smash Rookie
why is metaknight legal???? ii wait all this time for this Broken ******* to get banned and when he finally does he still gets to be legal in tourneys???? that doesnt make sense and the latest rule set says that METAKNIGHT IS BANNED!!!!!!

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
For this tournament, I decided to allow Metaknight to stay legal because we are trying to bring it more out of state and as well as motivate certain in state people to come to this. This particular series is just what Michigan needs and in certain cases that means compromising. We're trying to different things and methods to see what works with driving attendance. From experience, I have realized, Michigan needs a mix of MK legal and banned events. I am well aware of what the latest version of Unity is...I helped create it. Future Phoenix Saga events will more than likely just be Unity, but for this one...I altered the ruleset. I apologize if you have issues with that, but Metaknight will be legal for this event.

I may change doubles to have double MK banned but that's about it.

ZTD | TECHnology

The best way to explain this:

Coco is my main squeeze. A little high maintenance but GREAT in the sack.

But we're swingers.

So Daddy Tech Chase is teaming with his ex main squeeze Sparta Kick.

:yeahboi:

But yeah someone GOOD team with Coco. PS2 says it all. But don't get too used to teaming with him..that's MINE.

:denzel:

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Oh hype.

AtotheZ you need to teach me DK stuff in 64.
Sure thing man, I'll dawn whatever knowledge I know upon you

DK is really bad

also sk and tech i'll be your hype machine as you decimate ori and rage
He's not that bad, I feel he's a little underrated as well. Just about everyone can be used at a semi fair playing level in 64 though to some extent.

Roller

Smash Legend
why is metaknight legal???? ii wait all this time for this Broken ******* to get banned and when he finally does he still gets to be legal in tourneys???? that doesnt make sense and the latest rule set says that METAKNIGHT IS BANNED!!!!!!
I know right, bro!? I can see this being especially frustrating for you. Waiting for this ever since you joined, all the way back in January! That's brutal!

I just noticed the other MI event coming up has him legal too, this must be a nightmare for you. And to think, one of the guys who PASSED the ban legislation himself committing this heinous atrocity. I can only pray that someday you will be able to wake up from this with some semblance of sanity still in tact.

Xatic vs Roller - the rematch. Hype.
:falco: takes no prisoners.

Wait. MJ. Thugz literally just left here like 2 hours ago saying that he was housing you for this and he was getting you from the bus... Did he just decide this by himself? lol, you should probably talk with him. Hot Arms still has room as well, if you wind up needing it. Either way, AA will all be smashing in the same place that night anyway.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
what bus are you taking and where's the bus station. I don't have a vehicle but if you're taking megabus the A2 stop is less than half a mile from my place its totally walkable

:phone:

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I know right, bro!? I can see this being especially frustrating for you. Waiting for this ever since you joined, all the way back in January! That's brutal!

I just noticed the other MI event coming up has him legal too, this must be a nightmare for you. And to think, one of the guys who PASSED the ban legislation himself committing this heinous atrocity. I can only pray that someday you will be able to wake up from this with some semblance of sanity still in tact.
So this is how we treat new people? And it is pretty *** backwards that someone who passed the ban and was ALL FOR IT is running MK legal his 2nd tourney since the ban and right after ANOTHER MK legal tourney...claiming to be the only tourney host able to host so he has to change it up...

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Who else is hosting tournaments?

Drdn go host another one od your jank tournaments. This is just ehat Michigan needs!

ZTD | TECHnology

Tech tries to steal everyone who's above him in skill and call them his....and gifts too but ryutts (sorry I just ****ed up your name probably) stole him away
I laughed pretty hard at this statement. Won't even go there.

Perhaps this guy's execution was a bit off but his concern is valid.But.... Don't mock the new person (especially one who's been to previous tournaments) please.

So this is how we treat new people? And it is pretty *** backwards that someone who passed the ban and was ALL FOR IT is running MK legal his 2nd tourney since the ban and right after ANOTHER MK legal tourney...claiming to be the only tourney host able to host so he has to change it up...
I'm sorry, but I'm about to sound like an *** for a minute. First off PS3 and the decision to run it as Metaknight legal came before I.C.E. Second off.....why are you always my biggest critic. I understand your "stick with your decision mentality but this scene is different. I am the only one hosting tournaments regularly. Roller is going back to New Jersey in roughly two months and Ori can only host during the summer. Leaving me to be the one who hosts most of the events. And during those times where I'm the only one able to host larger events, I have to be able to appease several groups of different opinions. And that means making sacrifices and having to make tough decisions. Now MAYBE, if Michigan Brawl didn't rest on my back I wouldn't have to go through this. But for the time being, I have to. So unless you're going to do something to help the situation........stop typing.

Oh wait....we could have DRDN's World 2!!!!!! Yooooooooooooooo!! :yeahboi:

In all seriousness though, all you do this is complain and criticize my actions when you aren't doing anything to help. Do you have ANY idea how stressful it is to be in my position? Torn between trying to keep my state happy with these 40 man locals and then trying to keep my spot in the URC when I have to go against their rules to achieve the former? Your worthless banter annoys the hell out of me sometimes. And don't get me wrong, I WANT to keep hosting big locals! :) It's just that I have to switch things up for everyone. As Gio said, someone is going to complain regardless of what I do. I'm over it.

Who else is hosting tournaments?

Drdn go host another one od your jank tournaments. This is just ehat Michigan needs!

I lol'ed.

Didnt roller make his tournament after PS3 was announced?

10$ mm drdn?

Hype.

LOE1

Smash Lord
ok here goes
$10 mm to DRDN and Gifts
$2 mm to ori
$1 mm to rollers :falco:

ZTD | TECHnology

^ It's the source of the statement not the statement itself that made me laugh. I already said publicly I'd prefer to team with people my skill level or higher. I can't take that **** back lmao.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Everyone likes to team with people above their skill level. I do it exclusively. I was just afraid you were going to pull out some sort of Doubles Genius bull****.

There's nothing backwards about thinking you may have made a mistake.

Roller

Smash Legend
Do you actually consider yourself above whatever skill level you consider DRDN and Gifts?
To be fair, iirc last time him and DRDN were at both a tourney (rizkin it), he beat drdn in a mm. And he's gotten better since. idk about him vs Gifts, but I consider LOE1 > DRDN at this point in time.

I accept the Falco MM btw, LOE1.

And Xatic, oh, I thought he meant in bracket. Yeah, that MM will be solo ICs. Prepare yourself.

Top Bottom