• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT(Ubers): Triple Weather Threat

JTsm

Smash Master
So before I begin, I've been following and have been playing Ubers from time to time. Recently, I've developed a team that has been relatively successful, but it obviously needs revamping. The main reason to being active now is because another forum has weekly tournaments on PO. Next week will be Ubers and I want to be prepared.

I always wanted to make triple weather team mainly because it can work with the right combinations of Poke's and it's just cool to mess with the opposing teams most of the time. I have Sand, Rain and Sun inducers and 3 pokemon that can work around with each other (most of the time). It's really suppose to counteract other weather teams and get other teams guessing on what's the main game-plan is for my team. Just looking for hard critiques since I know there is room for improvement. It can compete, but it doesn't have the core defenses I need. But here's the cast: Triple Weather Threat.

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Bad Dreams
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Trick
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Lead/Sweeper/Harrasser: So I usually lead with Darkrai mainly because he's extremely fast with Scarf. It beats most Deoxys-S with being scarfed. With other leads like magic bouncers, I can just either trick or switch accordingly (and save for later).

Dark Void is a must, but the lack of accuracy is pretty annoying. When it does hit, I set up, or switch to either of my poke's to set up. Mostly when I switch out, I use Lugia to set it's defenses, but when I get greedy, I can go for Groudon, Kyogre, or even Arceus to set up.

Dark Pulse is also a must. Stab+Flinch possibility is nice. After 2 Nasty Plot's Darkrai is pretty much set most of the time.

Nasty Plot is there to set up once my foe's poke is crippled or asleep.

Doesn't necessarily takes advantage of any of the weather provided, but isn't hindered by them either(maybe annoyed by sand/hail, but whatever).

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Tank/Sand/Late Game Set-up: So Tyranitar is there to set up rocks and induce sand. Honestly, however, I usually have Tyranitar set late-game, so that Arceus-Rock can clean up afterwards. I do want to make Tyranitar more useful, but lately I haven't really made Tyranitar a real threat. He can sponge hits, but Focus Blast and Aura Sphere is pretty annoying.

Stealth Rock is there for setting up for Arceus/Darkrai or the rest of the team to set up. lol
Pursuit is there to trap Psychic's like Latias/Latios. Mewtwo however gives no f*c%ks.

Crunch is for better stab against walls that don't resist it. Not the best, but eh, it's okay.

Fire Blast is for the obvious Ferro/Scizor threats. Helps a lot actually if sun is up. Part of the whole can deal with other types of weather threats.

Can take advantage of Sand(obv) and Sun. Rain and Hail can cripple him, but Tyranitar doesn't survive long anyways.

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Bait/Sweep/Rain: Very bulky and slow sweeper. Pretty ideal to have a calm mind set. Substitute is more for the bait for opponents to switch to opposing Kyogre(sometimes) and sun teams. Once Sub is up, Calm Mind or just attack accordingly.

Surf is perfect for stab. Water Spout is great, but not reliable with Sub. Ice beam destroys most dragons and can deal with Lugia once the Sub is up. Ice beam is also more reliable since Sun nor Sand can hinder it's effects. With Thunder, accuracy would be a huge problem.

Takes advantage of Rain/Sun in the sense that Ice beam isn't hindered. Sand will just be a little annoying and Hail is not a problem either. If they are both problems I can simply switch out into Groudon/Tyranitar/Arceus(sometimes).

Groudon @ Life Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Sun/Sweep/Bait: Another bulky sweeper with Rock Polish. Might change the set mainly because even though Groudon has high attack, it's been kind of lack luster not hit OHKO once Rock Polish is set up.
Rock Polish once, and it's really good to go.... for the most part. Earthquake for it's stab. Fire Punch to take advantage of the sun. Might change it however to stone edge(standard), but though it was nice getting rid of Ferro/Scizor in one shot. Dragon claw is nice to break some opposing dragons. Doesn't always takes the cake, but it is useful at times.

Sun/Sand makes Groudon a huge threat. Rain can be threatening to Groudon. A simple switch to Kyogre or Lugia can solve the problem. Hail is not too threatening since it's barely present in Ubers (to most of the teams I faced).

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Wall/Tank: The bulk of my defenses. Fairly successful by walling off most threats. Works well under Rain and Sun. Sand is acceptable as well since Lugia is not too bothered by it.

Roost is for reliable recovery. Sub is to just tank and avoid statuses if possible. Dragon Tail is just phaze out opposing sweepers. Not the best move and might change it to ice beam or something (while changing the nature). Toxic is there to ruin sweepers like Arceus. Walls that can't refresh or Aromatherapy(Natural Cure too). Other than that, Lugia is just to take hits.

Rain/Sun does not hinder Lugia for the most part. Thunder in the rain can be a problem, that can be handled through Groudon or Sub(if it's already up). Hail/Sand can be a problem, but hail is barely present and Sand can be dealt with 4 of my other pokemon by just switching.

Arceus (Arceus-Rock) @ Stone Plate
Trait: Multitype
- Judgment
- Fire Blast
- Thunder
- Calm Mind

Late game sweeper: Tries to adapt to all weather(except hail) and is specially based. Judgement is for stab and can hit hard with CM. Fire Blast is there for when sun is up at the time near end game. Thunder is for Rain. Calm mind is to boost up if it seems that my attacks aren't adequate enough. By the time Arceus Rock is out, most of the poke's on the opposing tram should already be crippled enough to get swept by Arceus. Most of the time it works, but I do have stops by Rain teams that can handle Thunder/Judgement.

The move-set can obviously be better with the wide variety of move-sets that Arceus can learn, but there's too many. xD. Most of the time it's not difficult to sweep with this set, but I do want to change the move-set around this team better.

-So with the team out of the way, what do you guys think? Is it too gimmicky? Is it legit, but needs adjustments?

*Mods: If this RMT is not acceptable, then I apologize and I can fix the errors as noted. Thanks. *

IceArrow

Smash Lord
1st join our weekend tournaments on this forum lol. Darkrai is definitely not really needed at all. I would suggest double weather instead. I would suggest running Sand and Sun since they work together better. Tyranitar tanks everything with SpD and Groudon also does with physical. I would suggest a different type Arceus also. I would go with Grass Arceus because it stops Water. Your TTar set is strange, thunder wave is a necessity on TTar for me. Lugia is good but in Sun Ho-Oh works better and with Sand you can also run Excadrill. Kyurem is a great Late Game Sweeper and abuses opponents being paralyzed.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam

Groudon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Claw

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Careful Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Substitute

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Shadow Claw

Arceus-Grass @ Meadow Plate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Judgment
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Kyurem-White @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast
- Fusion Flare

:phone:

JTsm

Smash Master
Wow, big makeover. lol

I do agree that Sun/Sand work together pretty nicely. It gives Groudon and Tyranitar nice defensive coverage.

I will definitely try this team out.

And you did this on your phone. O_O;;;;;

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Lol, definitely not on my phone. My iPad for some dumb reason thinks its a phone. The team definitely takes practice to understand how to fully utilize each pokemon. But ya, I love the combo of Excadrill and Ho-Oh.

JTsm

Smash Master
The team you suggested was kind of hard to get use to, but I can see it's strength. I think the main problem with this team however, is late game scarfers, or anything that can just out-speed. I got decimated by Scarfed Kyogre. lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Geez, IceArrow, are you sure you don't want to put Thunder Wave on any more pokemon? lol. You also forgot to put Tyranitar's nature, but I'm guessing it's Sassy. I'm not sure I agree with Ice Beam over Stone Edge either since Stone Edge TTar is a reliable Ho-Oh check.

IceArrow's suggestions are pretty spot on though. Running sand plus another weather is probably ideal for the current metagame since it would give you a ton of weather control as well as access to a lot of great sweepers to pull from. In general, the double weather strategy is pretty common in Ubers and I prefer it to a lot of other popular strategies in the format - Weatherless is viable but it can be dangerous against Swift Swim/Chlorophyll/Excadrill teams, one weather means that you can't commit to that weather too much, triple weather teams spread themselves really thin, and running a 4 weather team means that you would have to try to successfully use Abomasnow in a format with Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Deoxys, Genesect, and Arceus. In fact, a common template for a lot of the teams I used to make in Ubers was to take Groudon, Kyogre, and Forretress or Ferrothorn and add two sweepers and a revenge killer. But I'm getting off topic now.

As I said, IceArrow's suggestions solve a lot of the problems that your team has. Your team's weakness to Genesect is now somewhat alleviated by being able to run Ho-Oh (I only say somewhat because +1 Thunderbolt will still break subs and physical Genesects can still Explode on you to ruin your day). The addition of Excadrill is also really going to help your team since tbh it should have been there from the start - the two reasons to use Tyranitar in Ubers is so that you can Pursuit psychic and ghost types and set up an Excadrill sweep. Getting rid of Darkrai is probably also for the best, he's kind of overrated imo.

There are a couple things about IceArrow's team that I don't fully agree with though. These are changes that the team would be fine with if it didn't make them. I mentioned Ice Beam on TTar already and my paranoia tells me that Protect could be good on him as well. That Groudon build is also screaming out for Life Orb given the moveset and EV spread. Speaking of Life Orb, I'm not a big fan of running Life Orb alongside Rapid Spin on Excadrill. Excadrill is awesome and Rapid Spin is a necessity if you're running Ho-Oh, but losing 10% of a potential sweeper's health just to get rid of hazards sucks. I'd recommend using SD with Air Balloon or Lum Berry but then you'd lose a lot of the immediate power that Life Orb gives you. I'd recommend using Leftovers and a bulky spread but the bulk doesn't really serve a point when you already have Ho-Oh and Tyranitar and you would lose out on power and speed. So I really don't know what to do for Excadrill. I will say though that if you decide to run SD Excadrill, you should strongly consider using Iron Head over Rock Slide.

Speaking of Bulky things, my real criticisms with IceArrow's team are the last two slots, or more specifically how they could have been better than they are. These last two slots basically need to consist of a Kyogre counter and a revenge killer/sweeper. Arceus-Grass is a fine Kyogre counter, but he's so common that many opponents can play around him very easily. Ice Beam also hits your whole team for neutral or better damage, meaning that once your opponent sees that you have a Grass Arceus to switch into Water Spout/Surf, they will almost always use Ice Beam to scout the switch-in. This is a big problem for Grass Arceus, as he gets 2HKO'd by every Modest Scarf Kyogre's Ice Beam after hazards if he can't Recover in time. You said specifically that ScarfOgre was a big problem for you and I believe it - if you don't paralyze and don't set up Sand in time for a Excadrill revenge kill you have no real way of stopping it. Bulky Modest SpecsOgre can also survive your Judgment and hit incredibly hard with both Ice Beam and Water Spout. And don't get me started on Thunder Wave Kyogre. The best replacement I can think of for Grass Arceus is Soul Dew Latias. Soul Dew Latias has been a classic Kyogre counter (and by extension one of Groudon's best friends) since its inception and it's no different this gen. Running a pure defensive CM Latias and running an offensive CM Latias are both viable strategies and you can use whichever you think would be best on this team (personally I would go with defensive). If you want to decide for yourself, I've compiled a list of potential Kyogre counters below.

[collapse=Potential Kyogre Counters]Latias
+ Resists water and electric
+ Takes the least damage out of almost any other pokemon on this list thanks to Soul Dew
+ Diverse movepool allows you to use whatever you feel is best
+ Defensive and Offensive flavors are both viable
+ Loves the sun
+ Great support moves like Wish and screens
+ Fast
- Weak to ice
- Very little physical bulk
- Usually requires a steel type alongside it to cover its weaknesses
- Doesn't like sand
- Most Kyogres aren't threatened too much if it doesn't carry Grass Knot or Thunder
- Horribly crippled by paralysis, practically needs Refresh or Substitute

Arceus-Grass
+ STAB Judgement/Grass Knot
+ Defensive and Offensive flavors are both available
+ Loves the sun
+ Solid physical bulk
+ Decent support moves like Magic Coat, Thunder Wave, and Toxic (and Will-O-Wisp I guess)
+ Fast
- Weak to ice
- Often 2HKO'd after hazards
- Judgement not a guaranteed OHKO but without it you can't hit Manaphy for ****
- Usually requires a steel type and a fire resist to cover its weaknesses
- Doesn't like sand
- Horribly crippled by paralysis

Palkia
+ 4x water resistance
+ Great coverage
+ Choice and non-choice both viable
+ Fast
~ Mixed set is viable...sort of...
- Thunder and Surf/Hydro Pump are really bad in the sun, who knew?
- Needs a steel type to cover Dragon weakness, even if it is running Haban Berry
- Can do very little to support the team aside from switching into Kyogre and using Spacial Rend
- Horribly crippled by paralysis

Dialga
+ Resists water and electric and a lot of other stuff too
+ Great coverage
+ Defensive and choice sets both viable
+ Loves sun and sand
+ Resttalk Dialga makes my **** rock hard
~ Neutral to ice
- Weak to ground and fighting, both very common types
- Thunder sucks in the sun, but without it all you can do is phaze or status
- Only the defensive sets can last more than a few turns against Kyogre
- You already have a SR user
- Resttalk Dialga needs lots of hazard support to be viable
- Kinda slow

Giratina
+ Spinblocker
+ Will-O-Wisp support
+ Specially defensive and CroTina both viable
+ Pressure is really good against Water Spout
+ Loves the sun
+ DGAF about status
- Weak to ice
- Usually requires a steel type alongside it to cover its weaknesses
- CM set NEEDS to boost to stand a chance
- Setup bait for a lot of things
- All it can really do is phaze since WoW is not a good status to hit Kyogre with
- Has a lengthy list of counters and checks (Darkrai, Giratina-O, Ghost Arceus, Tyranitar, Taunt, Torment, etc.)

Ferrothorn
+ Resists water and electric and a lot of other stuff too
+ Power Whip is probably the best way to deal with Kyogre
+ Gyro Ball is also a good move against many common Ubers pokemon
+ Great support moves like Spikes, Leech Seed, Spikes, TWave, Spikes, etc.
+ Loves sand
~ Neutral to ice
~ Slow, but is able to use it to its advantage with Gyro Ball
- Hates sun
- Power Whip is pretty much only good against Kyogre, Groudon, and Tyranitar
- No spinblocker on your team means that Spikes are not a guarantee
- Forretress ****s all over this guy
- Almost every team in the format has a counter to this

Chansey
+ Bulky as ****
+ Bulkier than Blissey
+ Immune to status
+ Great supporting moves like Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, and Thunder Wave
+ Likes the sun since it's not naturally resistant to water
- Doesn't like sand due to lack of Leftovers
- Setup bait
- All it can do to Kyogre is Toxic it and set up for a Wishpass
- Physically bulkier than Blissey, but still weak to physical attacks

Blissey
+ Pretty damn bulky
+ Immune to status
+ Great supporting moves like Wish, Heal Bell, Toxic, and Thunder Wave
+ Likes the sun since it's not naturally resistant to water
+ Access to Leftovers means that it can function in sand
+ Can pass bigger wishes than Chansey
- Setup bait
- All it can do to Kyogre is Toxic it and set up for a Wishpass
- Not as bulky as Chansey, or even Latias

Jirachi
+ Resists ice
+ Parahax
+ Wish and status support
+ Surprisingly good special bulk
+ Fairly fast
+ Many viable sets
+ U-Turn scouting
+ Loves sun and sand
- Does not resist water or electric
- Weakness to ground and fire makes it a frequent victim of splash hate
- Offensive builds are crippled by paralysis
- Repeated U-Turn abuse breeds a weakness to hazards
- Won't do significant damage without heavily investing in Atk
- Generally not that good of a Kyogre counter, more like a compliment to one of the other pokemon on this list

Lugia
+ MULTISCAAAAAAAALE
+ Access to support moves like Thunder Wave, screens, Whirlwind, etc.
+ Pain in the *** for opponents to play against
- Weak to ice (Roost helps with this)
- All it can do is status and phaze Kyogre
- Lots of things can go wrong that would either stop it outright or otherwise hinder its progress

Gastrodon
+ Immune to water and electric
+ Passable special bulk
+ Decent support moves
+ SubCM Kyogre is the only set that stands a chance against it, and even that is a long shot
+ Likes the sand
~ Neutral to ice
- Poor physical bulk
- Weak to a lot of statuses
- Hates the sun
- Not much good against anything besides Kyogre

Zekrom
+ STAB electric attack
+ Mixed set, Substitute set, and Choice sets are all viable
~Same speed as Kyogre
- Weak to ice
- Even though it resists water, it's probably not a good idea to switch it in on Surf or Water Spout
- Switching in on Kyogre directly is probably a bad idea in general

Jellicent
+ OH HE SO PRINGLES, WHERE YO CURLEH MUSTACHE AT?
- **** THE NICKS
[/collapse]

As far as revenge killers and/or sweepers go, to be honest, nothing really jumps out at me and says that it would be perfect for this team. Because of this (and the fact that it's 6 am), I'm going to be lazy and just recommend Extremekiller Arceus. It's always a good default.

Hope that all helped. BTW, if you decide to do Rain+Sand, you might want to look at this article to use it as a jumping off point.

EDIT: lol Excadrill. This is one of my alts btw. Can you guess which one is me?

EDIT2: I went 22-3 with this team if you're interested.
Old Dirty ******* (Tyranitar) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Raekwon (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

RZA (Groudon) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave

Method Man (Ho-Oh) @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 248 HP / 8 Atk
Careful Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sacred Fire
- Substitute

U-God (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Roost
- Substitute

Ghostface Killah (Arceus) @ Silk Scarf/Spooky Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Swords Dance

JTsm

Smash Master
SD Excadrill seems to fit better like you said. Life risking rapids spin kinda sucks. lol. Especially when it showed how much **** it showed in that video. LOL.
I might use that article to my advantage. Thanks a lot! I will also take your team into consideration.

I suggested this to Smogon and this is what they suggested:
[COLLAPSE="Team"]

Darkrai @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Bad Dreams
- Trick
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot

Latias (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 204 SAtk / 192 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Recover

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Pain Split

Arceus-Steel @ Iron Plate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Recover

Kyogre @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Ice Beam

Groudon @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
Adament Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch[/COLLAPSE]

They also think double instead of triple weather is ideal and suggested that a steel type covered Latias's weaknesses.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Lol, I was laughing for 10 minutes after seeing Gates name(UltiMarios Tears). Anyways your team looks good Gates. Thunder Wave in Ubers works extremely well since there are no Heal Bell/Aromatherapy users. It also destroys their speed and it allows Kyurem to sweep. Ya I completely forgot about Life Orb affecting Rapid Spin do I will use your set. I think that Giratina does most of the things that Latias and Ghost Arceus. Then you could use like Mewtwo or Blaziken as the last pokemon to sweep. I'd prefer Blaziken over those two.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 200 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk / 52 Def
Impish Nature
- Outrage
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Protect

And Gates you left out the ultimate Kyogre counter (Shedinja). He sucks with TTar though.

How do you do that Hidden Message thing?

Also I'm 13-1 with the new team. Giratina got Critical Hit by an Ice Beam which cost me my only loss.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
JTsm, are you JolteonTrainer on Smogon? The person who rated your team made some decent suggestions but I still don't agree with keeping Darkrai. You really do have much better options.

Thunder Wave in Ubers works extremely well since there are no Heal Bell/Aromatherapy users. It also destroys their speed and it allows Kyurem to sweep.
I know all about how good Thunder Wave is, I just thought that putting it on half the team was a little excessive.

I think that Giritina-O does most of the things that Latias and Ghost Arceus.

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 200 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk / 52 Def
Impish Nature
- Outrage
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
Are you using Giratina-O or Giratina-A? You said one thing and then wrote another. :dizzy: nvm it's obviously Giratina-A because of Leftovers. You know which Giratina form is which, right?

I'm also not sure that Outrage is the best choice here compared to Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, etc. but I guess it allows you to come in and threaten immediately. I just don't think locking a slow wall with a lot of common weaknesses into an attack that every team carries a resistance to is a good idea on paper.

Also, the reason why I went with Arceus-Ghost instead of Arceus-Normal wasn't for spinblocking, it was because I realized (via Scarf Terrakion) that the team was very weak to fighting but I didn't want to get rid of an SD Arceus.

Also, Blaziken sucks.

And Gates you left out the ultimate Kyogre counter (Shedinja). He sucks with TTar though.
Get outta here with that ****.

Shedinja
+ Immune to all of Kyogre's attacks
~ Will likely impress extremely stupid people
- Dies to everything besides Kyogre

Happy now?

How do you do that Hidden Message thing?
tags.

IceArrow

Smash Lord
Thanks

Ya shedinja does suck but beats only CM Kyogre. Parasect beats Kyogre too I believe. What? Blaziken is a great sweeper against Paralyzed Pokemon. It's kind of retarted how they put average Pokemon in Ubers. Excadrill, Blaziken, Genesect, Deoxys-S and maybe even Deoxys-A should go back to OU.

I meant Giratina-O at first but then was building the team and changed it to regular Giratina so ya I'm going to edit the other post. I roar until I rest and then Sleep Talk and when I get outrage it doesn't lock.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You're right, Blaziken is a great sweeper against paralyzed pokemon, but so is everything else.

I didn't know that Sleep Talk and Outrage interacted that way though. Interesting.

I forgot about Parasect. Probably not worth running since Ho-Oh is actually good now.

JTsm

Smash Master
Blaziken is freeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Yeah thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate it. And the Uber's tourney is NEXT week. Not this week. =/

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
There was always this rumor going around with people that were bad at Ubers... that before Regenerator Ho-oh wasn't good.

Hint: It's false.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
There was always this rumor going around with people that were bad at Ubers... that before Regenerator Ho-oh wasn't good.

Hint: It's false.
What, are you talking like Gen II and III? Yes, he was good then.

Are you talking Gen IV? Holy ****, that's the dumbest ****ing thing you've ever said.

In a format that's heavily dominated by Stealth Rock leads where Kyogre is the most common pokemon, Ho-Oh was awful. Yeah he hit like a truck, but he'd be forced out every time Kyogre showed his face and he would have no way to recover the SR damage, unlike now with Regenerator. Gen IV Ubers was a lot more stall-centric than Gen V which meant that hazards and Kyogre were everywhere. The only way to actually use Ho-Oh effectively in Ubers was to either lead with him or switch him in on your opponent's SR user since otherwise you'd have to spend the whole game keeping rocks off the field if you wanted to use him for more than a turn. He was also largely outclassed by other physical attackers like Arceus, Giratina-O, Arceus, Rayquaza, Arceus, Deoxys, Arceus, Groudon, Arceus, and even Salamence. Ho-Oh wasn't horrendously bad, but he was much worse than he is now and was easily the riskiest Uber to put on a team in Gen IV.

I guess he was still better than Shedinja though.

Top Bottom