• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT: O D I N's shoddy/new team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
This is the team I'm thinking about...

Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Aerial Ace

Rock Slide makes a better STAB, but not sure what else to do. Lead poke. Sash is to guarantee rocks.

Breloom@Toxic Orb (what else?)
Trait: Poison Heal
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Superpower
-Facade

The goal of this guy isn't to stall. It's to punch things til they die. Fast.

Cresselia@ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fire/Fighting / Ice Beam
-Moonlight

Spec Wall/Sweep after some calm minds. Can take a few good hits. Thinking of putting more points into Def to compensate for it. Maybe even Bold nature.

Scizor@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower/Aerial Ace

Aerial Ace is there for Heracross. But not sure what else to do. Standard CB Scizor?

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Explosion

Explosion is a, I'm dying next turn... THIS IS ONE KILL YOU WON'T GET... >_> Yeah. Anyway, Spc. Sweeper.

Dusknoir@Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 28 Atk / 228 Def
Nature: Impish
-Pain Split
-Will-o-Wisp
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Ice punch has more type coverage as does EQ over Fire/Tpunch. His goal is more or less to be a physi wall, and stop spinners from taking out rocks.

Any CnC would be appreciated.

I'm thinking Shoddy battle/pokemononline. Wouldn't mind doing this on the DS, but I'm way to lazy...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Too lazy to post most the sets I use in recommendation. Use smogon lol.

Aerodactyl @Focus Sash
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Aerial Ace
Standard is as standard does. Stick with Rock Slide.

Breloom@Toxic Orb (what else?)
Trait: Poison Heal
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Superpower
-Facade
Superpower cuts your Atk and Def in half every tiime you use it, and Breloom tends to stay in for the longhaul, so I don't advise that. Spore lets you fire off at least 1 Focus Punch, heck, even Mach Punch might be better than Superpower. Also, any peticular reasons you run Facade over Sub or Stone Edge?

Cresselia@ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Nature: Modest
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Hidden Power Fire/Fighting / Ice Beam
-Moonlight
Lol, sweeping Cressy. Lol at moonlight. Cressy isn't made to sweep, it's made to wall. I don't care if there's a Shoddy set for it or not. Cressy is a Mence counter, it doesn't do anything else. Since Mence is gone in standard OU, oops, looks like this is useless. Get something better for a SpAing sweeper like NPApe, or as I explain later, maybe even Heatran.

Scizor@ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Nature: Adamant
-U-turn
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower/Aerial Ace
Not sure how common/rare Hera is now. If it is THAT common, then maybe run AA. But I really don't think it is, there'd be more Blissey than anything with all the Stall. Superpower is better.

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Shadow Ball
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Explosion

Dusknoir@Leftovers
EVs: 252 Hp / 28 Atk / 228 Def
Nature: Impish
-Pain Split
-Will-o-Wisp
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
This is a tricky one. You need another slot on your team. You have a special attacking ghost and a bulky Ghost. So, splice them together and get rid of some Dark weaknesses... and you get Rotom. I would suggest Rotom-F to most effectively combine them running either a bulky set with WoW/Tbolt/Blizzard/Shadow Ball or a Choice Scarf set with Trick/Tbolt/Blizzard/Shadow Ball.

Now, to fill up the extra slot? You have a Fire problem. You need a water type. This also makes a good combo with the Water/Grass/Fire core. Heatran might be better for this core though, having actual bulk over Ape, but that's beside the point. My suggestion? Bulky Dragon Dance. It is an amazing set-up sweeper that walls opposing Napes and Trans (which you otherwise would get ***** by).

In the long run though, I tried not to rip apart this team, but it's not working. The big issue here is that this team has no real synergy and the most dominant offensive Pokemon in the game wreck this team inside and out. You might just need to start over and think about Synergy and the metagame with this.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I've been out of the meta game since Diamond, so yeah. I'm more than willing to learn, and I was kinda using pokes I had used in Diamond... which was really only cressy, and I had to drop sala cause he went to ubers (shows how long it's been for me. :( ).

So yeah. :-/ And I will never ever ever EVER use a Blissey. So that's a no.

EDIT: Facade was on Breloom for more hurt. Seeing as how he gets poisoned, it's a beefier move that'll hurt. Mach Punch would be better over superpower (saw it on a moveset. X_X)

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I haven't played since Mence was banned, I'm just telling you stuff from the complaints I've heard from the new metagame. Lol so yeah

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've been out of the meta game since Diamond, so yeah. I'm more than willing to learn, and I was kinda using pokes I had used in Diamond... which was really only cressy, and I had to drop sala cause he went to ubers (shows how long it's been for me. :( ).

So yeah. :-/ And I will never ever ever EVER use a Blissey. So that's a no.

EDIT: Facade was on Breloom for more hurt. Seeing as how he gets poisoned, it's a beefier move that'll hurt. Mach Punch would be better over superpower (saw it on a moveset. X_X)
Facade is also a normal-type attack that has only 20 more base power than Seed Bomb, when you figure in STAB. The Facade set is, overall, a very niche design that really only works on teams built to actually make use of it as some sort of physical stallbreaker (Hit anything out there hard, Spore anything it can't immediately kill).

Overall your team seems very awkward, employing a suicide lead, several unconventional slow bulky offensive types, a Scizor, and a Gengar that looks like it can easily be replaced by a Specs Jolteon. Do you have any sort of team plan, or are you just going to put in one thing and kill as many Pokemon as possible before dying and switching to the next?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Overall a good RMT here, but it doesn't quite meet the RMT Guidelines -- particularly with rules #3 and #10. Be sure to give an overview of the team, and it sounds like you've thought about this team but haven't actually put it into practice yet to see how it fares. It'll help the raters greatly if you can supply more info about how the team works in practice and how the team is supposed to work in general.

Locking this for now -- if you want it re-opened, just expand in those areas a little and PM the edits to me, I'll edit them into the OP and re-open the thread for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom