• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT BW OU - 4th Gen Was Better

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

Metagross@Occa Berry
Adamant/Clear Body
252Hp/252Atk/4Def
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Bullet Punch
-Stealth Rocks

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant/Technician
248Hp/252Atk/8Spe
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-U-Turn
-Quick Attack

Tyranitar@Babiri Berry
Jolly/Sand Stream
252Atk/252 Spe/4Hp
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Crunch
-Fire Punch

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive/Blaze
64Atk/192SpAtk/252Spe
-Close Combat
-Fire Blast
-Grass Knot
-HP Ice

Breloom@Toxic Orb
Adamant/Poison Heal
44Hp/252 Atk/212Spe
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

Zapdos@Choice Scarf
Timid/Pressure
252SpAtk/252Spe/4Hp
-Thunderbolt
-Heatwave
-U-Turn
-Hp Grass

A while back I wanted to play 4th gen on PO with mow but he couldnt get his team to save as a gen 4 team so he made it in Gen 5 and we played as Gen 5. After playing him i got a handful of random challenges and just accepted because i had forgotten I was in Gen 5. As of recent I've been having random people I know ask me to teach them competitive pokemon and anytime i go online to critique them I get more random challenges and have just sort of accepted because I thought it was funny. This is literally my last DPP OU team, and as far as im concerned the best team I've ever actually made.

So down to basics, obviously this is a 4th gen team, it was built with the 4th gen meta in mind. I have lead Gross with an Occa Berry but I've found it works pretty much similarly in Gen 5 though it cant do anything whatsoever to the new Rotom-W or that Ghost/Water thing. I met with a few Cloyster leads of all things only to find out that Shell Smash is apparently a thing, though Metagross didnt rightfully care easily 2HKOing it while not being 2HKO'd by +2 Surf. Seen a few of those Magic Guard guard pokemon come in when i set up stealth rocks, which is hilarious. It's fine that you bounce back my rocks I guess, but seriously, who switches in 55/45 defenses on a metagross. Whatever lol. If i had built this as a gen 5 team I'd probably switch BP for either Explosion or Gravity. That new Rotom pisses me the **** off lol. Probably also give it an Air Baloon

The rest of my team was built under the idea of "Bulky Water Bait." Basically it works like this I have Meta/Scizor/TTar and to a lesser extent Nape, basically pokemon that bulky waters love to come in on. Then I let them. Then I switch in Breloom and I win. Worked wonderfully in Gen 4, especially after the Mence ban since people basically started flocking to Bulky offensive teams meaning everyone and their grandmother was using Swampert. It worked somewhat reasonably well against the random *** teams that i played recently too, though I found myself staring down Ferrothorn more often than not. Which again i found hilarious. Probably because of the fact that over half my team can OHKO it(Though TTar needs a boost to do it so he doesnt really count)

I really have no idea what Im doing in gen 5 though. I still dont even know most of the new pokemon and some of them just seem silly to me(that Rock/Fighting ****er with 108 speed is dumb) So if i were going to use this exact team in gen 5 how should i change it? What are the new important speed tiers? Why the **** is Zapdos UU?

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
this tells me everything that's right and wrong with gen IV ou lol

honestly, only way to "update" this team for gen V is to give zappy hp ice so you can revenge crapnite a bit easier and try shuca berry on ttar since you have no shortage of good Scizor switch-ins and landorus is a somewhat common revenger last time i checked. no matter what item you run you either outspeed non-scarf terrakion or get your face pounded in by the scarfed one, so **** that guy.

also, i like me some jolly loom so he can get the jump on adamant 80s. mamoswine, cloyster, dnite too. you know em. can't hurt to have a faster spore just to catch things off guard.

zapdos is uu cuz too many good ground types (they all get ****ed by HP Ice but spdef tar was a fad and is still kinda popular, and he walls offensive zapdos to kingdom come).

108 is the new 100, that's about it.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Grass knot is pretty useless on Infernape. Nothing in OU except for like Gastrodon and Donphan will actually lose to it. U-turn or Vacuum Wave will make solid replacements. I would say the same for HP grass on Zapdos. Except that actually lands you the hit on Rotom-W. Too bad you're scarfed. I would use HP Ice in it's place mainly because your team loses to Gliscor pretty hard. A more standard version of your team would have Landorus and Terrakion in place of these two. They do pretty much the same thing, but replacing them would have you lose to auto lose to Skarm and Gyara.

I would slap Superpower over Scizor's Quick Attack to nail Ferrothorn. He's your best guy at taking Power Whips and Gyro Balls. Quick Attack doesn't really hit anything except Rotom-W, and you can't even switch into it.

I believe that old Breloom set of yours isn't going to do much work. The bulk up drain punch variant is far more punishing against the bulky water bait you're trying to accomplish. It also allows you to check Rotom-W reliably. There's also the CB Techniloom set that abuses Low Sweep so that almost nothing can check nor wall it. It also has access to Bullet Seed, which at worst is 5 BP worse than Seed Bomb and at best, even stronger than Focus Punch. You have a chance to ohko max/max Gliscor with this! On average, you will 2hko it through Poison Heal and a Substitute!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Metagross is fine. Don't run Explosion or Gravity. idk if you heard, but Explosion no longer cuts the opponent's defense in half before doing damage. And Gravity is just a terrible move.

I wouldn't have noticed Quick Attack on Scizor if the others hadn't pointed it out. Definitely use Superpower over it.

Tyranitar is ok but you should get rid of Babiri Berry. I would go with either Air Balloon or Lum Berry on it since none of the other resist berries are really relevant to it.

I feel like you can do better than Infernape, but I can't really think of anything that could be as versatile as it to replace it.

Has Lightningrod Zapdos been released yet? If so, use Lightningrod. If not, use Thundurus-T instead.

And finally, USE TECHNILOOM. It's probably the best sweeper in the format right now.

D

Deleted member

idk **** about gen 5 and i don't want to.

but this is probably the best gen 4 team i've seen you make/play.

**** gen 5

no changes.

Top Bottom