• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RMT- 1st Smogon Standard OU- Cold and Heartless

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Okay so this is my first attempt at making a team in Smogon's standard OU which is alot different than other servers.
Previous Ubers aren't banned most notably Deoxys, Darkrai, and Skymin. Which is really the only difference in Smogon's ban list and PO. Atleast from what i've observed. Correct me if im wrong.

There is no fancy name to this team...its just a team. Thats how I like to make my teams. No fun teams, no "honor" teams. I dont make excuses. I just want a team that will win and I will go to whatever means to do that.
Purely Competitive.

So right now I truly have an open slot. I have a filler but tbh I dont know what else to use.

"Medusa"

Nattorei(F) @Rugged Helmet Sassy Nature
0 Spe IV's
Iron Barbs

252 HP/ 96 Def/ 160 SpDef
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock
-Power Whip
-Gyro Ball

This is my designated "lead". But with team view that isn't always the case. I usually end up switching in a more effective pokemon for the case. If it is a weather inducer I usually switch in Darkrai to put it to sleep. This guy is great. He essentially means I don't need stealth rock up. He is the axle to my team and I usually switch him in on a physical attack against my blissey or another pokemon just for the sake of putting damage on them from Iron Barbs and Rugged Helmet. Before y'all flip out Shadow Tag Shandera isn't allowed in Standard OU yet. I haven't ran into a Dory yet so I don't know if he can handle him. I'd love to know if Gyro Ball would OHKO Dory. IDK. This guy is a pain in the *** to deal with.

Natural Cure

-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Thunder Wave

Blissey is my catch to any special threats. Most notably Deoxys-A and Darkrai. Deoxys-A is a special case and depends on the set. Provides Wish support which is always nice. There's not much to tell. Its still Blissey, she royally poops on kids and makes people cry. But its a love/hate relationship so it doesn't matter.

Darkrai @Wide Lens Timid Nature
6HP/252 SpAtk/252 Spe
Bad Dreams

-Dark Void
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Substitute

This is my answer for a defensive core. Everything will get hurt. Blissey does wall it. But I can only assume she's going to get hurt from a +2 Focus Blast. I wouldn't keep him in on her but he still gives her a good nick. I throw him in on any move that won't hurt him too bad, and I dark void the wall or switch in and get a nasty plot off and then I punch something in the face. For those of you who don't know Dark Void is an 80% chance sleep inducing move.

Scizor@ Choice Band Adamant Nature
252HP/56 Atk/200SpDef
Technician

-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Scizor deals with alot of Uber threats right now. Skymin is 2HKO'd by Bullet Punch, Im not sure about U-turn. Bullet Punch also allows him to kill TTar's and Darkrai fairly well. He's also a respectable dragon check if they lock themselves into outrage. He pursuits Buru's and hopes he doesn't get burned. He has Superpower for steels that pose trouble coughnattoreicough.
Right now im using an Uber Choice Band spread because his main job is to kill those Ubers. I will prolly make some tweaks with this spread though.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb Impish Nature
252 HP/252 Def/6 Atk
Poison Heal

-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Aerial Ace
-Toxic

This is my check to Breloom, Roopushin, and Doryuzuu. I make sure I switch him in to activate his Toxic Orb so he can take Breloom's spore. He is also a great status absorber due to being poisoned. I see him as a necessity on my teams due to him covering Breloom. Breloom is an annoying ****er in my eyes so I recruited the help of Glicor. This thing will stall the balls off of just about anything. Toxic is a great option to break down the enemy and do damage while he walls them out. EQ is there to hit steels and Aerial Ace is there to kill Bre, Roopu, and pop Dory's Balloon. I love him dearly lol.

Roopushin @ Flame Orb Adamant Nature
252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 6 SpDef
Guts
-Stone Edge
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Payback

Say hello to what I consider the best Guts abuser in the game. Roopushin does what he does and is the filler for my team. You all know of his infamy. He cracks teams up after their ghost/flying counter is gone. With Guts activated he OHKO's Dory and Im pretty sure makes a pretty good switch-in to Darkrai. Or should atleast be able to clean him up with a Mach Punch. Drain punch allows him to recover some HP along with Blissey's wishes. He is a great addition and is a good backup counter to common threats.

He was a Bulk Up set but I needed a second counter to cover some threats so Scizor wasn't as depended on.

The game plan is to wear things down with my Gliscor/Natt/Chansey core, kill other cores with Darkrai, kill ubers with Scizor, and handle other threats with Roopushin. Darkrai, Scizor, and Roopushin can all sweep. Gliscor can stall to death. Chansey spreads status. Natt spreads Leech Seed. If you guys think there is a better option for Chansey please state it. Wish would be appreciated and something that resits fire is good. So Vaporeon is an option because it also counters Nape...not sure about Blaziken.

Scizor CANNOT be killed until the Ubers are dealt with. Thanks to team view I know when he is not needed and I can sacrifice him.

Im just going to have to deal with being ***** by Manaphy. Oh well.

I will fill in any details left and update when I've made a change. Go bananas.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
give nattorei shed shell, it lures out everything and it's mother so the last thing you want for it is to be trapped

and find something for darkrai for when it gets banned

Moozle

Smash Champion
If you give Roobushin flame orb it can KO Dory with Mach Punch.

Also, you're forgetting the most uber deserving thing that is still allowed on the Smogon Server. Manaphy. Your team can't do anything at all to it (but honestly what team can without weather), and it's pretty much an automatic GG if they have one. I really hate manaphy :/

Also, you're probably better off with Toxic over Twave, even though it would make Nattorei slightly more of a problem. You shouldn't be staying in on Natt anyways and you have Darkrai to kill it.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I just want you to know that using black text on a black background makes it very hard for people to read what you have written.

Use Substitute and Leftovers on Darkrai instead of Wide Lens and Focus Blast. You'll have more than enough time to boost to +4 against Blissey and +4 Dark Pulse almost always 2HKOs anything (and if it doesn't then it gets flinchhax).

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Real men use Disco Party Blue.

Bulk Up Roopushin sucks. Get some Stone Edge.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Real men don't donate money to a site that's designed for a competitive game that they no longer play.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Disco Party Blue has a black background, by the way.

Also, real men donate money to people who need money.

Seconding that Darkrai fix.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
And SWF doesn't need money.

Oh, and you should probably use SR over Spikes on Natto since it hits everything without Magic Guard instead of just grounded pokes.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I didnt even realize it got Stealth Rock lol.
There is no need for Shed Shell...Shandera isn't in Standard OU.

And I had no idea that Manaphy is still OU on smogon's servers. Damn.
I will make a team with him soon.

Okay I will opt for the Sub set on Darkrai.

Im keeping Roopushin till I find a good filler that actually helps the team more. I honestly don't want my Roopu carrying Flame Orb because I don't want him dying. Plus after a Mach Punch and Bullet Punch from Roopu and Scizor I don't think that Dory will live. Yeah he resits Scizor's Bullet Punch but...I can only hope it kills after a Mach Punch.

I will change the color on Darkrai. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone that can rip apart stall like Darkrai can. TrickScarfer or really anything.

I will look for a counter to Manaphy instead of Roopushin, if there is one available right now. Or I will just use Manaphy. Lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
While you're at it, you should change the color of Scizor, Gliscor, and Roopushin, too.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Geez yall people are picky about your colors ;p

Colors SHOULD be acceptable even if they don't represent the pokemon well. They are now bright and vibrant to show off in the gloom that is SWF's themes.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Colors are acceptable. But that doesn't make them not an eyesore.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
You should try to make the world around me, or else I'll not rate your team.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Uno, all good Deo-A should have Superpower.
Dos, You might as well run Focus Blast over Substitute on Darkrai. It doesn't really help it for anything.
Tres, Dory is NOT frail and resists Gyro Ball, and as such, is about 8HKO'd by it. On Defensive Nattorei, you might as well run Power Whip over Curse.
Cuatro- After Scizor is gone it's over if your opponent has Deo-A.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Uno- Which is why I specified that I am careful about switching in blissey.
Dos- Ugh Conlficting opinoins.
Tres-Dory is at a bajillion speed. Natt is a slow-***. Gyro Ball is going to dent him. I wish I could run Calcs. Nattorei without Curse I might as well switch out Gyro Ball too. AND the point of having curse is because he seems to die to quickly for me. Cursing allows him extra bulk to let leech seed heal him more.

Cuatro- Looks like im out of luck once scizor is dead.

Running Power Whip over Curse.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
The max power for Gyro Ball is 150. After STAB and resistances, that's 112 power coming off no attack investment on something that's decently Bulky.

Two, Nattorei hits Max Damage with Gyro Ball on everything with more than 200 speed. That's base 85 speed with no investment, or when you start factoring in investment, Tyranitar slow.

I've used Nattorei for ****ing ever. Sr/Seed/Power Whip/Gyro Ball works.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I didnt even realize it got Stealth Rock lol.
There is no need for Shed Shell...Shandera isn't in Standard OU.
Wrong. It is in OU, it just doesn't have Shadow Tag.

There's still the issue of Wobbuffet and Magnezone in Standard OU too.

Dos, You might as well run Focus Blast over Substitute on Darkrai. It doesn't really help it for anything.
Yes it does. +2 Focus Blast doesn't OHKO Max SpD Calm Blissey OR Max SpD Bold Blissey. Meanwhile Blissey Toxics you easily and then Wish+Protects off the damage while you keep missing with Focus Blast and taking more damage.

Substitute gets you free boosts while shielding you from status moves. +4 Dark Pulse has just as high a chance of 2HKOing Blissey as +2 Focus Blast when you factor in accuracy, with the only difference being that Dark Pulse has better accuracy and a chance of flinch.

If you ever played Ubers instead of arguing with the mods, you'd know all this ****.

Cuatro- But...after it sleeps something and I switch in Scizor to either Bullet punch/Pursuit/U-Turn and once he dies I mach punch from Roopushin which SHOULD kill him. If both of those fail then Blissey can survive a +2 Focus Blast and Seismic Toss.
And Scizor isn't exactly easy to kill.
He's talking about Deoxys-A, not Darkrai.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Yes it does. +2 Focus Blast doesn't OHKO Max SpD Calm Blissey OR Max SpD Bold Blissey. Meanwhile Blissey Toxics you easily and then Wish+Protects off the damage while you keep missing with Focus Blast and taking more damage.

Substitute gets you free boosts while shielding you from status moves. +4 Dark Pulse has just as high a chance of 2HKOing Blissey as +2 Focus Blast when you factor in accuracy, with the only difference being that Dark Pulse has better accuracy and a chance of flinch.

If you ever played Ubers instead of arguing with the mods, you'd know all this ****.
If you played OU instead of Ubers, you'd know we run 252HP/252Def/4SpD Bold down here since we're not taking 150 Base Power Special moves off 150+ SpA.

:/

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Okay so Im dead if Scizor dies. But that scizor is decently bulky.
Why would magnezone be out of OU again?
Opting back to Focus Blast and Dark Pulse. Probably with Wide Lens.

I know it may sound stupid...but..would Mach Punch from Roopu OHKO Deo-A? I know it resits it but...its has poop for defenses.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Nope, Deo-A can take a Mach Punch pretty well, actually. Only slightly better than Dory does.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Well first off he would get destroyed by all the Uber hits he is taking. His job is to kill Ubers. All those Ubers he's taking care of are Special Attackers. I used Smogon's standard set for an Uber CB Scizor. It works out well. He takes the hits well enough and still gets the priority 2HKO's he needs.

His EV spread is insurance that he will kill multiple Ubers basically.

And wow at Deo-A taking anything well.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
So you just put random numbers for your EV spread.

laughinggirls.png

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Whats it matter whether I do or not?

I used the stereo typical 252hp 252 atk and he died due to all the heavy hits he was taking from special attacks.
With the set from smogon i noticed more survivability. I based it off of Smogon's EV set to see if it made a difference. It made a positive difference and I still plan on tweaking it due to the only real side effect of him not having as much bulk would be getting OHKO'd by Latias' Thunder which i need not worry about a whole lot right now.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
If you played OU instead of Ubers, you'd know we run 252HP/252Def/4SpD Bold down here since we're not taking 150 Base Power Special moves off 150+ SpA.

:/
That actually doesn't make much of a difference at all.

And Blissey can't come in on Kyogre anyway. Trust me, I learned that real fast when playing Uber Stall.

Why would magnezone be out of OU again?
You totally misinterpreted what I said.

Both Wobbuffet and Magnezone are OU now (and so is Dugtrio, which I just thought of). That makes Shed Shell a viable item since there are trappers in the metagame, even without Shadow Tag Shandera.

Why isn't he 204 HP / 52 Atk / 252 SpDef?
Why isn't he 208 HP / 48 Atk / 252 SpDef?
Wave with dat trollin.

252 HP/56 Atk/200 SpD should work fine for OU. You don't have Kyogre, Palkia, or Reshiram so you don't need much more SpD than that.

I'd say keep Focus Blast since I don't see how you can take care of Nattorei without it.
+4 DARK PULSE BEHIND A SUB.

Stay behind a sub and he can't Leech Seed or paralyze you. At +4, Dark Pulse will always 3HKO. He can break it easily with Gyro Ball, but if that's his only attacking move then you can just switch out and PP stall him. He can risk a Power Whip but that rarely works due to its crap accuracy. You can also boost to +6 and 2HKO him. There's also the best plan of all which is to sleep it if you haven't slept something else already. These calcs were done on a Sassy Max HP Max SpD Nattorei mind you. On a build like the one in the OP, Darkrai does even better.

I hope Darkrai gets banned just so that I don't have to see OU RMTs with people who haven't played Ubers critiquing it when they have no idea what they're talking about.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Okay.

1. Going back to Sub. Better for killing stall.
2. Wobuffet is the only difference. When weren't magnezone and dugtrio not allowed in OU lol?
3. Changing Scizor's EV spread.

Im coming to gates for all my Uber needs lol.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
they are allowed in OU...?

you really shouldn't have that much trouble with dugtrio anyways but magnezone is going to **** your nattorei and allow something to set up

it's why i suggested shed shell

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Well. I dont think i will be hitting a whole lot of Magnezones after I rank up a bit.

Wobu's are really the only thing. I may change it to shed shell.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I am a noob who is not qualified to rate this team, but I will try to.

Expect a post in a while.

Top Bottom