• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Riverside

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
There really isn't anyone here besides Fly who plays. Most people just come and go, never stick around. If you live in the dorms, I would suggest putting up flyers to find some other people, but there isn't really anyone that consistently goes to tournaments that I'm aware of (except fly and me, but thats a rare case now)

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Well, ignore JTB over here if you wana play MELEE. Cuz if you play melee, there are quite a few of us at UCR who go to tournaments including..... myself, JTB, Fly Aminita, Nima, Abyss, Knivez, Evil Nemisis, and quite a few other people who are willing to kick you ***.

PM me when you realize that BRAWL sucks. Ill introduce you to OUR riverside community.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
That really wasn't necessary.

I'm not good at Brawl, you probably won't gain anything from playing me. Just look around in the dorms.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
Uggh, no one in the dorms are good, at least who i've met, and yeah, all the good peopleplay Melee, but I put so much time into Brawl, and I haven't played Melee in so long, I don't know if I wanna start from scratch (with an 8 year old game)

pockyD

Smash Legend
With melee, you enjoy the process of improving

With brawl, like you seem to feel, "improving" is like work and effort that you don't enjoy as you're doing it

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yeah its understandable, some people prefer Brawl while others prefer Melee. Alot of the people who were hyping up Brawl when it was coming out have dropped out of the community without saying anything. If you do get something set up in the dorms, I'll drop by probably, but I'm not really down for hosting anything myself.

pocky is right

you also get more satisfaction in wins in melee :D

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
this is the second time since brawldull that someone posted that melee is an 8 year old game. does that really matter? people still play starcraft, street fighter, cs, etc because these games are good and not because of how old they are.

play meleeeee, cause it looks like nobody at ucr plays brawl anyway :)

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
............. I don't know if I wanna start from scratch (with an 8 year old game)
edit- I posted a longer response but I obviously wont change your noob mentality. Although I still encourage you to give melee tournaments a try (higher pot)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i was thinking about that phrase in the shower the other night and i thought to myself the fact that its still being played 8 years later means its a great game. btw its not going to fade away soon because its so old~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I can't really do anything this weekend because I have a take home midterm due on Monday plus another on Tuesday, and the basketball game + HEAT is tomorrow, but if you want to play sometime next week I'm down.

Which dorms do you live at btw? I'm frequently at Lothian since I work at dining :(

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Lmao.

No, stick to brawl.

Melee CLEARLY wasnt your game of choice.

Edit: Okay, im not that mean.

Play melee again. I can teach you stuff with Peach. Blah Blah.

or

Play brawl. I can teach you stuff with Peach. Blah Blah.

LBK! of CIC

Smash Cadet
I go to UCR, play melee! Ill be there with my possy=) hahah
Well, ignore JTB over here if you wana play MELEE. Cuz if you play melee, there are quite a few of us at UCR who go to tournaments including..... myself, JTB, Fly Aminita, Nima, Abyss, Knivez, Evil Nemisis, and quite a few other people who are willing to kick you ***.

PM me when you realize that BRAWL sucks. Ill introduce you to OUR riverside community.

Don't take this tone. You don't have a posse and nobody likes you :| Riverside smash has been kind of lethargic for a while now, don't chase new players away.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I know there's someone that lives in downtown riverside that plays brawl, but I forget his name. Make a blog post on AiB to see if you can find him.

Are you going to SCSA?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
we were hitting off on facebook for a while

Let's hang out sometime

Celph

Smash Journeyman
so it seems SDR is still a noob

i also wouldn't doubt if he took my phone

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
No one cares about you, and you thread got hijacked.

At least I think thats what happened.

Top Bottom