• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Firebird W00T

Robiin

Smash Cadet
Maybe this is a common thing to happen.. But when I was playing like five minutes ago.. Just for fun, against a lvl 7 Lucas.. Something wierd happened. He flew off the edge, and I followed. We were a bit below the stage, and he used his PK Thunder just as I was about to recover with a Firebird. he hit me with the Thunder, at the same time as i did my Firebird.

What happened then?
I rose to the skies (Final Destination) still charging the Firebird, then Falco flew away, just as he's suppose to. I began the firebird below FD, and charging was complete by the upper left corner of the screen.

I have the replay of it, but like I said
Robiin said:
Maybe this is a common thing to happen..

Oh, and sry for grammar, i'm swedish ^^

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think this has to do with cancelling or getting out of hitstun early and having the knockback from the attack carry you upwards. I think a few more characters are affected by this as well.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Hey, thanks for the upload^^, as for what happened, its very strange LOL, but i guess its just the knock back from his move, but it canceled the animation from it as you were doing your firebird.

Faustum

Smash Rookie
The same kind of thing will happen with Diddy Kong, if after recovering from hitstun you jump and up+B at the same time. He will move upward while charging the barrels, similar to this.

Probably the same mechanics at work.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
The same kind of thing will happen with Diddy Kong, if after recovering from hitstun you jump and up+B at the same time. He will move upward while charging the barrels, similar to this.

Probably the same mechanics at work.
This is not the same thing as diddy's. In fact its something different. The PK thunder has a weird hitstun, so I dont know how it works but if you jump the moment it hits you with its tail you can get a super jump/knockback. But dont know the specific mechanics of the PK thunder.

Top Bottom