• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rising Aerial Problems...

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
Am I the only one that has gotten thrown off with adapting to rising aerial and DJC in the same movepool? I play Yoshi in all 3 (I don't play Brawl anymore and I mainly play Melee) and I've noticed it's been really hard to get in a very similar mind set/muscle memory to play him as I do in Melee.

Rising Aerial is a cool and fine addition to him. I understand that PM character's are meant to be played a little different, I'll just practice and give it more time for me to adapt.

But mainly, does anyone have advice for this change? Right now I use DJC attacks with C-stick and Rising Aerial ones with A.

Dinowulf

Smash Journeyman
Am I the only one that has gotten thrown off with adapting to rising aerial and DJC in the same movepool? I play Yoshi in all 3 (I don't play Brawl anymore and I mainly play Melee) and I've noticed it's been really hard to get in a very similar mind set/muscle memory to play him as I do in Melee.

Rising Aerial is a cool and fine addition to him. I understand that PM character's are meant to be played a little different, I'll just practice and give it more time for me to adapt.

But mainly, does anyone have advice for this change? Right now I use DJC attacks with C-stick and Rising Aerial ones with A.
From the fights i've had i've noticed that the uair is a little diffrent using the brawl up uair compared to 64 moveset where yoshi doesn't go higher during his uair at all and is much easier to combo in 64 this way but concerning with project M it takes some practice i believe if you down the uair command slightly quicker compared to 64 you should be able to connect the uair combos. I've pulled it off quite a few times online and during actual matches. So give it a shot. let me know what you find.

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
From the fights i've had i've noticed that the uair is a little diffrent using the brawl up uair compared to 64 moveset where yoshi doesn't go higher during his uair at all and is much easier to combo in 64 this way but concerning with project M it takes some practice i believe if you down the uair command slightly quicker compared to 64 you should be able to connect the uair combos. I've pulled it off quite a few times online and during actual matches. So give it a shot. let me know what you find.

Yeah the U-air stuff isn't bad. I think it's just a new adjustment for thought process. It could also be a controller thing (sadly). But thanks for the advice!!!

Sashimi

Smash Ace
I'm also having trouble getting used to the Rising aerials, but I kind of like the challenge. Learning not to hold Y for DJCs makes me feel like my Melee tech skill is just a little bit better.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I had trouble at first, but once adapted it becomes second nature... the trouble is going back to melee and realizing you can't jump oos.. :p

SPIRE_FAN

Smash Cadet
I had trouble at first, but once adapted it becomes second nature... the trouble is going back to melee and realizing you can't jump oos.. :p
I'm also having trouble getting used to the Rising aerials, but I kind of like the challenge. Learning not to hold Y for DJCs makes me feel like my Melee tech skill is just a little bit better.
Oh man, so true!! It really just took a lot more practice and getting used to. Now I Rising Aerial naturally without second thought. The only problem is going back to Melee with these new habits I made....

Last edited:

Invader_Zirk

Smash Rookie
Oh man, so true!! It really just took a lot more practice and getting used to. Now I Rising Aerial naturally without second thought. The only problem is going back to Melee with these new habits I made....
It's so frustrating to sit in shield in Melee trying to DJC nair out of it, or to tech-chase with side-b and expect good things to come of it. But at the same time, knowing Melee Yoshi too well makes me forget some of my newfound P:M power.

Top Bottom