• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rise of Smash! A Canadian Smash Tournament! Missisauga, Ontario! UPDATED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Another Tournament is coming to Missisauga!

I need to know who would be interested in coming, just in case there is a lack of people coming. The date would be some time in the March Break. I will also need some cubes too.

If you are interested in coming, please reply. Also let me know if you can bring a cube or not.

There wil be the following tournaments:
Crew Battles
Doubles
Singles

Date & Time:
Yet to be confirmed

Address:
Yet to be confirmed

Tournament Staff:
1-Lone Wolf
2-Flan
3-the problem
4-Brian
5-Yazi

Tournament Rules

General

- BYOC: Bring your own controller; or ensure someone is bringing one for you. If you don't have a controller, and you can't find one before your match, it's not our problem. No controller mods. If you lend your controller, and it's your turn to play, it's not our problem. We won't do another match just because "you" aren't ready, we will just disqualify you.

- No pausing during a match unless there is a good reason. If you pause repeatedly for no good reason, you'll be disqualified for that match at the discretion of tournament staff.

- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.

Rules

- All sets are best of 3.
Winners', losers' & Grand Finals' are best of 5.

- 4 stock, 8 minute limit
Ties broken by Super Sudden Death!!!!!
Items OFF
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

- Advanced slob picks: First stage of each set is from the random selection (neutral stages), unless the two players agree on a neutral stage on the first match.
After the first match, the loser decides what stage he wants to counterpick with (he may also choose to go random from the neutral stages).
Winner decides if he wants to change his or her character.
Loser then decides if he wants to change his or her character.
Make sure that this rule is enforced properly.

- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage can be chosen by a player if he has already won on that stage (this means that if you lost on a stage you chose, you may take that stage again).

- Permanently banned stages : Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1 and 2, Venom, Princess Peach's Castle, Onett, Jungle Japes, Kongo Jungle, Great bay.

- Double blind pick may be called at the beginning of the set, before both players have chosen their character (both players telling their characters to a third party, to prevent first stage character counterpicking).

- If you are late by one of the following time amounts, problems will occur.
5 minutes = loss of one match in a set
10 minutes = loss of three matches
15 minutes = forfeit of match

Doubles tournament
- Winner's and loser's bracket
- Neutral stages : Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield.
- Stages banned in teams : Permanently banned stages + Mute City and Fountain of Dreams

Singles tournament
- Pools going into winner's and loser's bracket
- Neutral stages : Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story, Battlefield, Fountain of Dreams
-Stages banned in singles: Permanetly banned stages + Yoshi's Island 64

Registration
To register, post in this thread.
If you are not registered on smashboards, register (and put me as the referrer) and post, or ask someone to post for you.
Mention in which tournament you plan on participating in.

Doubles
1-Team Bonafide (Zero & the problem)
2-Team Oprah (HAK_Devil & Kr()n!c)
3-Lethal Bunnies (Brian & Yazi)
4-The Preachers (Flan & Baamage)
5-Stab you in the Face (DSMANIAC92 & Cerberus07)
6-

Crew Battles
1-Runawayfire + Kio (Runawayfire, Kio)
2-Missisauga Crew (Lanowen, Zero, Lone Wolf, the problem, ChronX, Drolian?)
3-UFO(Flan, Brian, Yazi, Krzys, Baamage?)
4-

Singles
1-Flan
2-Brian
3-Yazi
4-Baamage
5-the problem
6-Jary_Jary
7-Lone Wolf
8-ChrnoX
9-Zero
10-Lanowen
11-Runawayfire
12-Jarc
13-Bob lablaw
14-Volasko
15-Snowblind
16-JB
17-Dr. Luigi
18-BigRick
19-C 3
20-Suiya
21-Kai
22-Xev
23-Drolian
24-PurpL
25-Dragon Hawk
26-Jagg
27-thanguyen
28-Kr()n!c
29-DSMANIAC92
30-HAK_Devil
31-Maelstrom
32-Knucklesroxs
33-Krzys
34-Arch
35-Yoshi King
36-Miha
37-miken3
38-Cerberus07
39-Grmo
40-Jeffman
41-afgsouljah

Game Cubes bring brought
1- PurpL
2- the problem
3- Jary_Jary
4- Lone Wolf
5- Volasko
6- Volasko
7-Jagg
8-Kr()n!c
9- Yoshi King
10-

TVs
1-5- Lone Wolf
6-Volasko
7-Volasko
8-Jagg
9-
10-

SSBM roms bring brought
1- Jary_Jary
2- the problem
3- Hullmo
4- Lone Wolf
5- DSMANIAC92
6- Kr()n!c
7-Yoshi King
8-
9-
10-

Please let me know if you are coming.

Edit: Anyone who can make the location change, please let me know.

the problem

Smash Apprentice
Can you be more specific with this? also can we get some directions to where it is? Also since the entrance fee is 10$ how much is it for singles and doubles? Aswell as when each event starts? (Yes alot o questions that need to be asked <_< )

Anyways, I'll try to make it depending how far it is, if I can make it i'll bring a cube with ssbm of course and a good memory card =].

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Can you be more specific with this? also can we get some directions to where it is? Also since the entrance fee is 10$ how much is it for singles and doubles? Aswell as when each event starts? (Yes alot o questions that need to be asked <_< )

Anyways, I'll try to make it depending how far it is, if I can make it i'll bring a cube with ssbm of course and a good memory card =].
I don't know the exact time that it will start until i book the place. I will give more details once i hear how many people are coming. Also, i want to know which day would be best for people.

Hullmo

Smash Rookie
Assuming that the location is easily accessible by the GRT I don't see any reason why I wouldn't go. I'd be able to bring a cube with ssbm and a memory card as well.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Runawayfire, will you be coming?

Edit: Come on people! This can't just be all the people who want to come! I need some names of who is coming!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yeah yeah, I'lll be there.

Scratch up a name for : Lone Wolf

XD I planned to hold one during March Break too. But not on the saturday. So when is this date? March 10th or 17th?.

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
Jarc, if you are coming, then could you car pool some other montreal people who what to come, if there are any?
Also, Runawayfire, if your coming, could you bring a gamecube with SSBM and a memory card?

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Yo Nate, Andy. If you guys find a way there would you PM me? I wouldn't mind a tourny in march but I have no idea how I'd get there. I'll do you the same courtesy of course.

Oh, and good job Waterloo on getting something going!

Volasko

Smash Ace
I suggest you find a place now, so there is some certainty, as I can assure you there is enought people. I am interested, and I can bring 4 others, a bunch of tv's and 2 cubes but I would like some certainty (ie a place secured). good ole Ontario curse has got me scurred....

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
What, I'm not on staff? You guys pain me. :(

Anyways, I'm hoping that I can come over, and I have a cube but no ready memory card.

...And should I bring my own controller, because mine is already at your house...:laugh:

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
First off, Volasko, i will add you and your 4 friends. We have two possible locations but haven't had time to book. Don't worry, we will find a place and rent some tvs.
Second, Baamage, i will add you to staff. Sorry about that.
Finally, this tournament will take place for sure! Other than booking, i'm already good.

BTW, Baamage, do you have any extra controllers? I need one if possible for Krzys.
Also, Volasko, could i get the names of your friends just so i don't have to put"Volasko + 4 friends"?

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
Yeah there's one more person you forgot that you're gonna have to worry about...............

ME!

UFO Flan

Smash Journeyman
i would be an even better tournament if vwin, chesterr, or Bam came. Then we could have a huge turnout because they would bring in more peoplez

Bob Lablaw

Smash Journeyman
No it would not be! For the love of god, nobody convince them to come.

And **** you jarc for owning me.....

C 3

Smash Ace
Count me in! I can bring a memory card if needed. I know it explains at the top, but is it $15 for singles, doubles and low tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom