• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

RIP Air Walk OoS

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hey guys, correct me if I am wrong, but I spent the last half an hour labbing and Air Walk OoS doesn't seem to work anymore.

Due to the way shieldstun works now Air Walk out of shield no longer works. In Brawl and pre shieldstun patch Smash 4 you could Shield DI in a direction, press jump, and do a rising DAir in the direction you are holding. You can still perform it out of hitstun, just not out of shield or perfect shield anymore.

This was quite useful with Brawl Lucario's larger DAir hitbox, but it still had some use before the shieldstun patch in Smash 4.

Welp, time to try to get this out of my muscle memory after 5 or so years lol.

CreatureComforts

Smash Rookie
I've been trying it for a while too, to no avail.

Shame...now that that's gone, what other options do we have OoS?

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I've been trying it for a while too, to no avail.

Shame...now that that's gone, what other options do we have OoS?
Jump to air attack, jump FP flame (lol), USmash, Aura Sphere shinanegans... I might be onto something soon. I have to look at some numbers.

Top Bottom