• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley, why is he so requested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BitingBaker

Smash Rookie
I do not understand the want for Ridley. He's 4x the size of everyone and he wouldn't be a good character. Nintendo will absolutely NEVER put him as a fighter. It would mean scaling him down to a ridiculous degree and ruining the presence he has. They put him as a boss TWICE in Brawl to satisfy fans.

Even if there is no evidence to DEconfirm him, you should realise it won't happen. Do you really want a tiny derpy Ridley that can be thrown around and meteor smashed into a K.O.? I don't understand it :/

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
1. Welcome to Smashboards! I'd like to point out one big rule we have here:

We don't talk about Ridley's size here. You end up dead.

I honestly suggest running, but eventually we'll catch up to you.

2. There's a Ridley thread where you can discuss this. And, again, as a warning, they'll be a million times worse than I.

3. Check Melee's intro. There's Ridley at the perfect Smash size, not too big or too small, just right. It's just his wingspan that needs to be figured out.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You can't say whether it'll happen or not. Either way, visit the Ridley thread and we'll probably put you through the usual procedure.

To answer the thread title: He's the reoccuring villain of Metroid, he's Samus's arch-nemesis, he's undoubtedly a Nintendo All-Star to the core, and he's an awesome space dragon.

D

Deleted member

This is totally a good argument that's never been said before and warrants its own thread!

Zage

Smash Journeyman
I agree with you, I don't see it happening, but everyone is blind to their own character's shortcomings.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's a game featuring a bunch of different Nintendo characters, the canon of the franchises included in Smash is often ignored when needed. Ridley can be resized without any issues.

I don't mean to sound rude, but the "too big" argument has been done to death and holds so little truth that it has become a joke within the Smash community. Ridley's size is not an issue.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All I can think about is how emo that avatar is, and how much I think that avatar is too big.​
Guys, I think we should deconfirm the OP's avatar unless it gets its' size cut to a quarter of its' current size.​
:shades:

Zage

Smash Journeyman
It's a game featuring a bunch of different Nintendo characters, the canon of the franchises included in Smash is often ignored when needed. Ridley can be resized without any issues.

I don't mean to sound rude, but the "too big" argument has been done to death and holds so little truth that it has become a joke within the Smash community. Ridley's size is not an issue.
We don't know Sakurai or the development team's thought process though. So we can't say that it is or isn't a problem.

I mean, I can get why it might be a dumb argument, but to disprove it and claim to be the absolute truth seems silly.

I don't see why people just don't say "we don't know" instead of arguing back and forth about it.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I do not understand the want for Ridley. He's 4x the size of everyone and he wouldn't be a good character. Nintendo will absolutely NEVER put him as a fighter. It would mean scaling him down to a ridiculous degree and ruining the presence he has. They put him as a boss TWICE in Brawl to satisfy fans.

Even if there is no evidence to DEconfirm him, you should realise it won't happen. Do you really want a tiny derpy Ridley that can be thrown around and meteor smashed into a K.O.? I don't understand it :/
To be honest, K.Rool is actually taller. Resizing Ridley would not be a problem at all and he could still be pretty big.

At least you're somewhat smart and say he's not deconfirmed.

To answer you're question, it's because he's one of the few Nintendo all-stars not in Smash yet.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We don't know Sakurai or the development team's thought process though. So we can't say that it is or isn't a problem.

I mean, I can get why it might be a dumb argument, but to disprove it and claim to be the absolute truth seems silly.

I don't see why people just don't say "we don't know" instead of arguing back and forth about it.
"Pic of the day. Two that are actually not so tall. Kirby's about 8 inches high, Captain Olimar maybe a little over an inch."
-Masahiro Sakurai

Yeah, Sakurai's not an idiot unlike the people using the "too big argument", the "magic is an excuse", or the "we don't know" excuses.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

I do agree, it all comes down to what Sakurai thinks. If he thinks Ridley should be playable, we'll get a playable Ridley.

We don't know for sure about what Sakurai thinks about his size, but Bowser has been bigger than Mario in several titles, yet he is hardly any bigger than him in Smash. Olimar is also incredibly small in the Pikmin games, yet he was resized for Smash along with his Pikmin as well. It just seems very unlikely that Sakurai would think Ridley's size would be an issue. I admit it's not impossible that Sakurai would think it's an issue, but it's very unlikely he would.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
Who needs Ridley, gandreya can easily replace zero suit samus. Heck even rundas would be a better choice.

For a metroid representative Ridley would be boring. And I am a metroid fan. Hint metroid =movie alien

Zage

Smash Journeyman
"Pic of the day. Two that are actually not so tall. Kirby's about 8 inches high, Captain Olimar maybe a little over an inch."
-Masahiro Sakurai
Yeah, Sakurai's not an idiot unlike the people using the "too big argument", the "magic is an excuse", or the "we don't know" excuses.
I'm sorry Sakurai, I didn't know you were browsing our forums. Please, don't get off your high horse.

I do agree, it all comes down to what Sakurai thinks. If he thinks Ridley should be playable, we'll get a playable Ridley.

We don't know for sure about what Sakurai thinks about his size, but Bowser has been bigger than Mario in several titles, yet he is hardly any bigger than him in Smash. Olimar is also incredibly small in the Pikmin games, yet he was resized for Smash along with his Pikmin as well. It just seems very unlikely that Sakurai would think Ridley's size would be an issue. I admit it's not impossible that Sakurai would think it's an issue, but it's very unlikely he would.
I can understand that, its completely sensible. I honestly wish more people took this mindset.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
Just quoting the fact the opposite is true, as the Sakurai is true.

Also, how does me quoting Sakurai mean I'm on my high horse again=???

Please. Go on.
You're being completely obnoxious for no reason, there's no need to have a holier-than-thou attitude. That's the whole reason why these debates turn into flame wars.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You're being completely obnoxious for no reason, there's no need to have a holier-than-thou attitude. That's the whole reason why these debates turn into flame wars.
If that's how you perceive it, then your perception signal is wrong.

I'm merely stating the fact that Sakurai quoted that, and then I'm using valid points, pictures, and quotes to disprove my competition.

Tell me, how do you expect us to debate=???

By admitting the other side is right when clearly they're not=???

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
ROB is the reason why Nintendo even got into toy stores in the first place.

Random obscure Metroid characters is not going to rep the series with it's main star as the only other rep. That's the real thing you people should realize is never going to happen.

It's Samus and Ridley or just Samus.

That's the options.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
If that's how you perceive it, then your perception signal is wrong.

I'm merely stating the fact that Sakurai quoted that, and then I'm using valid points, pictures, and quotes to disprove my competition.

Tell me, how do you expect us to debate=???

By admitting the other side is right when clearly they're not=???
Uh, you're calling everyone who has an opinion opposite of your a idiot or a ******.; thats exactly how these flame wars about Ridley's size start. There's nothing valid about that, that's just pure raging.

pitthekit

Smash Ace
ROB is the reason why Nintendo even got into toy stores in the first place.

Random obscure Metroid characters is not going to rep the series with it's main star as the only other rep. That's the real thing you people should realize is never going to happen.

It's Samus and Ridley or just Samus.

That's the options.
The only Ridley that is gonna be not too big is teenage Ridley from other m. I hate other m

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Everyone that is against Ridley is a size queen.

Yep. I went there.
I wouldn't go there. People who don't want Ridley for non-size or body reasons can most definitely have valid opinions, chief among them being wanting other characters more than Ridley.

Still, the size queens (that God awful conflicting viewpoints Shokio fangirl video, lol!) are among the dumbest creatures alive, and they should be called out on their faulty logic, like what some of us have done to the points of this abortion of an opening thread post.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Because he's a ****ing pterodactyl dragon beast.

And he's PURPLE.

A ****ing PURPLE PTERODACTYL DRAGON BEAST.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wouldn't go there. People who don't want Ridley for non-size or body reasons can most definitely have valid opinions, chief among them being wanting other characters more than Ridley.

Still, the size queens (that God awful conflicting viewpoints Shokio fangirl video, lol!) are among the dumbest creatures alive, and they should be called out on their faulty logic, like what some of us have done to the points of this abortion of an opening thread post.

I have never seen one perfectly valid reason against Ridley that doesn't automatically go to his size though. They either think he's too big or they don't want his Other M design.

And honestly thinking that anyone else in Metroid that's not Samus or Ridley can get into Smash is kind of pushing it. It's a two rep series at most in it's current popularity to Nintendo. And why would you not put the series most important bad guy in over say Kraid. Who is probably third in line if anything.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Uh, you're calling everyone who has an opinion opposite of your a idiot or a ******.; thats exactly how these flame wars about Ridley's size start. There's nothing valid about that, that's just pure raging.
What, that there points have been continually disproven (JUST WATCH THE MELEE OPENING!), and that their opinion on the matter is stupid=???

Sorry, but that's not trolling. Also, there's a difference between calling someone an idiot and telling them they're acting like an idiot.

Again, no one can disprove this point....

Y'all need to get over this "every viewpoint is valid" relative viewpoint thing and realize that life has strict facts. There are some universal truths.

Water is H2O.
Humans are carbon-based life forms.
Ridley wasn't "too big" to be about 2 feet taller than Samus in Melee's opening sequence (roughly Bowser's Melee height), thus, Ridley is not too big for Smash.

Zage

Smash Journeyman
What, that there points have been continually disproven (JUST WATCH THE MELEE OPENING!), and that their opinion on the matter is stupid=???

Sorry, but that's not trolling. Also, there's a difference between calling someone an idiot and telling them they're acting like an idiot.

Again, no one can disprove this point....

Y'all need to get over this "every viewpoint is valid" thing and realize that life has strict facts. There are some universal truths.

Water is H2O.
Humans are carbon-based life forms.
Ridley wasn't "too big" to be roughly 2 feet taller than Samus in Melee's opening sequence, thus, Ridley is not too big for Smash.
Nothing has been dis proven or proven until Ridley is in Smash or we hear it from the horses mouth, but replying to you has proven to be waste of time. I'm pretty sure at this point you're either too upset to reply seriously or you're honestly doing that on purpose.

Nevertheless this is my last response to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom