• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ridley for SSBB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yeah, he'd be wierd. But I recently started playng around with the Ice climbers (like, wierdest playstyle in the game) and they are fun as hell!!!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If Ridley was to get in, which would you guys prefer, the original Ridley or the new version of him, Meta Ridley. In Brawl, they would still call Meta Ridley just Ridley. What I am basically asking is, which version do you guys want?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Ridley, meta can easily be a an alt costume, why would they put meta as main and ridley as alt?
I prefer normal ridley anyway but meta ridley is awesome in Prime.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yeah, he'd be wierd. But I recently started playng around with the Ice climbers (like, wierdest playstyle in the game) and they are fun as hell!!!
Hell yes they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ice Climbers rock!!!!!!!!!!!! They were the first characters i played as in Meelee. They'd had better return...(sorry, off topic)

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
No, I was just saying taste wise in his graphical appearence. Like how they made Link change from his OoT look to his TP look. Also, Knuckles and Sonic was a bad comparison, Ridley and Meta Ridley are the same person.

rock_in_reo

Smash Apprentice
tasmania, australia... i think... i hope... i beli
I have been missing in action for the last few weeks, although i really want Ridley in Brawl so he needs some masssive support.

If they do announce a few more characters in the coming months do you think they would announce Ridley or keep him as a secret character? (i think the second one)

Ridley for Brawl!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah secret, I somehow doubt they will show more newcomers in the trailer maybe 2-4 but thats about it, cause what the point in unlocking characters if we know who they are XD, so yeah I think ridley would be secret...

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Yeah secret, I somehow doubt they will show more newcomers in the trailer maybe 2-4 but thats about it, cause what the point in unlocking characters if we know who they are XD, so yeah I think ridley would be secret...
Actually, if i remember correctly, Sakurai said that the full roster would be revealed before the game is released. I think he said it was because he realized the surprise was going to be ruined anyway due to the internet, and by online play between people who have unlocked different things. Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Or he could be in it from the start, I'm not a fan of downloadable characters as it will mess around with balance and tourneys. I'd be fine if they make an expansion.

pwned142

Smash Cadet
what about Kraid????? i think we all know he was the haarder boss in metroid and it would be cool to fight ridley vs kraid vs samus

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah Kraid is way too big, sure so is ridley but he has been scaled down in some games, kraid has always been big I believe...

Zombie Cola

Smash Ace
If you had trouble with Kraid then you need to go replay all the metroid games until your eyes bleed.

Skywalker

Space Jump
Kraid has appeared in only 3 finished Metroid games (one of which was a remake); Ridley has appeared at least twice that. At this point even a Space Pirate would be a more eligible choice.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It's not the fact that Kraid is too big, it's more that if they shrank him he'd look a bit stupid as the main thing he has going for him is being big and imposing. Unless of course they used to stupid looking Kraid from one of the games who was samus' height.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom