• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ricochet: Rise of an Army - Endgame

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something

Signs have lurked in the distance. It's been a long time since games have been hosted by this force of nature. Despite being known for his... mischievous nature when hosting, he invites you all to a more basic game. You all move your caravan's over and decide to play by his rules. Guess everyone will see what tricks he has up his sleeve.

Hello everyone; welcome to Ricochet! A game that has literally almost nothing to do with Mafia! Since this is the first game, similar to my other planned game ideas, it'll be very basic. Everyone will have two HP and have the following options for actions each phase:

Shoot Another player - If you succeed, the player will lose a life point.
Shoot Self - If anyone else tries shooting you while you do this, the shot will deflect back onto them. If nobody is shooting you, you will shoot yourself.
Shoot Air - The player will shoot the air thus shooting nobody but leaves themselves vulnerable.

Just some quick rules:

1. This is an all elimination game; there will be only one winner.
2. If I don't have an action from you, you will shoot air. As long as the phase has not ended, you may change your action
3. You may form alliances. If you do so, only have the other player and myself included in a private message.

Have fun! I know this is new so feel free to ask me any questions.

Possible Warleaders: (3/9)
1. Shishoe - 2/2HP
4. Alice Phantasma - 1/2HP
5. Red Ryu - 1/2HP

Dead in the Water: (6/9)

Giraffelasergun - 0/2HP
GoldenYuiitusin - 0/2HP
BarDulL - 0/2HP
KickleCubiclist - 0/2HP
Fire Emblemier - 0/2HP
Moydow 0/2 HP

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not sure I get it but I wanna shoot people so /in

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What are the established phases of the game between talking and shooting? Is there a day thread or is it all private convos with a specified time frame to submit actions before the next phase?

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
What are the established phases of the game between talking and shooting? Is there a day thread or is it all private convos with a specified time frame to submit actions before the next phase?
The latter!

People may talk in the thread, and each phase I'll have results posted. This posted here is an example of how it'd go down:

Once sign-ups are over
Red Ryu - 2HP
Alice Phantasma - 2HP
BarDulL - 2HP

Phase 1 actions (which would be announced in thread once the phase is over)
Red Ryu shoots Alice
Alice shoots Self
Bard shoots air

Red Ryu - 1 HP (Because he shot Alice who was shooting self)
Alice Phantasma - 2HP (She shot herself with someone else shooting her; had Red Ryu fired his shot anywhere else, she would lose one HP)
BarDulL - 2HP (You shot air and nobody shot at you so no damage)

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Ahh ok, so it's private convos AND a day thread?

I'm tempted to /in just for the heck of it but work is legitimately a pain in the buttocks. Sounds less committal than Mafia though so if you think I'll be good with an 8 to 5 work schedule, sign me up.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I'll cap off sign-ups probably on Wednesday. Should be a fun time.

Ahh ok, so it's private convos AND a day thread?

I'm tempted to /in just for the heck of it but work is legitimately a pain in the buttocks. Sounds less committal than Mafia though so if you think I'll be good with an 8 to 5 work schedule, sign me up.
It's definitely a LOT less taxing than Mafia, and most variations of Ricochet (including this one) go by 'every person for themselves'.

You don't have to just take my word for it, though :p Alice Phantasma Alice Phantasma used to be one of the infamous B. Game mods I know about; she doesn't play Mafia anymore due to how taxing it is but she's always up for Ricochet.

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
Ricochet is very simple to play and very light on commitment because if you don't have time you can basically just send TK your very first though of an action or even run it through random.org.

After quitting mafia I started running these because you don't usually have to keep combing through how people post if you're town or keep trying to mislead town if you're mafia. It's much less stressful~

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alrighty fine, you guys sold me on it, /in

Also I should say that my work schedule is more like 7 to 7 :< but coming in during lunch break to submit a quick action and make a silly goose post should be ezpz.

Last edited:

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
okay questions I've received: (I asked to clarify for Vanilla Ricochet just to make sure)
You can only lose one HP per phase so don't worry about being ganged up on and out of the game on the first phase.
if someone is shooting self and is shot by two other people, both people shooting them lose HP.

Will gladly keep answering questions. I'm sure everyone will get the hang of this by Phase 2. Myself included since I've been rusty at hosting :p

Last edited:

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I am declaring here and now that, every phase, I intend to shoot air.

Alexander Hamilton up in this joint. Let’s go. He may have died, but he went out like a boss.

I know the game hasn’t started yet, but I’m gettin’ itchy. :V

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
I am declaring here and now that, every phase, I intend to shoot air.

Alexander Hamilton up in this joint. Let’s go. He may have died, but he went out like a boss.

I know the game hasn’t started yet, but I’m gettin’ itchy. :V
The last person that I played with that tried that strategy lost.

If you continue with that plan though good luck.

D

Deleted member

This seems simple enough and doesn't require much time to think. I guess I'm in.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

The armies have driven out. The poison is brewing. It's now Phase 1... The only phase where everyone knows they're safe for sure, since, nobody can possibly die on this phase. Who will get shot and who will be the lucky ones? Remember, when forming your alliances, only one army can remain~ - at least each of you seem to have a buddy with you, and most of them are from video games... Seems to be hand chosen, too. A nice little favor from the host before watching the bloodbath.

Flavor PM's are now out; game has now started. You may all send in your actions.

All possible targets:
1. Shishoe - 2/2HP
2. KickleCubiclist - 2/2HP
3. Moydow - 2/2HP
4. Alice Phantasma - 2/2HP
5. Red Ryu - 2/2HP
6. BarDulL - 2/2HP
7. Giraffelasergun - 2/2HP
8. Fire Emblemier - 2/2HP
9. GoldenYuiitusin - 2/2HP

edit: Deadline for Phase 1 is 11:59 PM PST on November 8th.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So are we supposed to actually talk here? I wasn't sure if it was that we weren't supposed to, or everyone had forgotten about the game.

giraffelasergun

Smash Lord
So are we supposed to actually talk here? I wasn't sure if it was that we weren't supposed to, or everyone had forgotten about the game.

I bet Moydow has played 40 games of ricochet but is acting like she hasn't so they can hustle us. I'm onto you.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Alright, listen up cowboys. There’s a sheriff in this Town, and that sheriff is me. I didn’t get here by sheer luck; I’m the sharpest shooter in the west. In the east, they call me “the White Dragon”...for a handful of reasons, but let’s just say, also for a handful of reasons, I always finish what I start.

So, really, there’s only one question you should be asking yourselves today: “do you feel lucky, punk?”

Last edited:

Alice Phantasma

Smash Apprentice
You can talk just fine. Some people like to psyche others out in these threads, get into their heads. Make them flinch and shoot somewhere exactly where they want them to~

Other people don't like playing along.

Top Bottom