• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ribbon for SSBB

_the_sandman_

Smash Ace
Performing aerial bombing raids on the Marth forum
Now that we know Metaknight is in it, theres a possible chance King Dedede will make it too. Now it doesn't make sense if two of Kirby's rivals make it into Brawl, and only one hero to help him. So here I will suggest Ribbon to be added in SSBB to help her pal Kirby out.

Here would be some of her stats.

Size: Very small, Pichu size.
Weight: Light weight.
Jumps: 6 floaty jumps
Speed: Average
Power: Average-Strong
Throw: Weak

Now here are some of her B moves.

Shard Charge (B.): Press B and Ribbon will bring out a shard. As it charges, it will get brighter. When the shard is done charging Ribbon will put it away and she’ll have a little spark on her hand. Press B again and she’ll be holding the shard, and it will fire hundreds of sparks horizontally. This will not KO an enemy, but severly damage them (40-60% damage)

Shard Shot (Front B): Ribbon will put her hands forward and a shard will appear. The shard will fly forward and it will shatter if it hits anything. Similar to Samus's missle, but since shes short it flies close to the ground.

Heart brace (Down B): Ribbon will have a glowing red ball around her. If any enemy hits her when this ball is out, they will receive double damage they attempted to hit her with. As the enemy gets hit, a bunch of hearts will fly around. This attack will also send enemies to sleep.

Zoom (Up B): Ribbon will fly straight upward when performing this move, instead of going horizontal or diagonal. This move is also very quick and gets good height. As she flies upward, a bunch of stars and shards will come out dealing damage to enemies. Ribbon herself will damage enemies as she passes them too.

Now as you may notice her B attacks deal heavy damage, but doesn't contain much KOing power. Thats where the smash attacks come in to deal the finishing blow.

Lovely Sparks (Front Smash) - Ribbon puts her hands out and a bright red bolt shoots out. For a character he size, it has surprising range. The bolt shakes violently and constantly shocks the enemy. At the last hit, this powerful attack will send enemies flying.

Twirling Dance - Similar to Peach's up smash. Hearts would fly about when the attack connects.

Peace Maker - Ribbon would point towards the ground and a colorful explosion would occur in front of her. Then she would point behind her and another explosion would happen. Both are equally powerful.

Now for some basic attacks. They mostly are similar to other characters.

A- Poke once
AA - Poke twice

ftilt - Kicks foot out
dtilt - Slides foot under shield.
utilt - Kicks foot upward like Kirby

nair - Spins like Ness
fair - Punches enemy like Shiek
bair - Kicks outward like Kirby
dair - Spin Kicks like Kirby
uair - Spin kicks like Samus

Well thats all I have now for Ribbon. I think she would make an interesting character. There aren't that many characters with severe B damaging moves that aren't meant for KOing. It would make the gameplay interesing for people that use her. B to damage, air or smash attacks to KO.

Plus her jumps and attacks are set up to use Wall of Pain like Jigglypuff does. And her size would be fun to play with.

Give this little bumpkin a chance.

yeyahbenji

Smash Cadet
I enjoyed Kirby: Crystal Shards very much, and I do remember Ribbon from that. And while your character design is nice (I do enjoy the thought of a heavy-B character not meant for K-Oing), I can't see Ribbon as fitting the bill. I just don't see the demand for it. Granted, Roy and Marth were unknowns here in the U.S., but their fanbase in Japan was big enough and they represnted an entire new franchise to the series of Smash. Ribbon is just a small side character that I can't see having too great of an impact in the game. She's only in Crystal Shards, correct?

Nice idea, but wrong character to go with.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I liked Crystal Shards too. But if you had to add a good guy to the mix add that painter girl instead of a tiny fairy

Bowser85

Smash Apprentice
Someone actually wants Ribbon from Kirby 64? Yeah, I think people are really scraping the bottom of the barrel just to make these "so and so in Brawl" topics. Ribbon isn't that well known. If anything, she'll probably just get a trophy of herself. :laugh:

Oro

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think a character that wasn't even worth adding as a Trophy in SSBM probably won't get added as a character in Melee >_>

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
There's been 2 other characters, both that have had trophies in melee, that would be better, Gooey and that hampster thing.

Oh, and Waddle Dee.

Kirby PopStar

Smash Cadet
Gooey has a better chance of being Kirby's sidekick character if anything. Ribbon was only in one game, and it was a game that Masahiro Sakurai had absolutely nothing to do with. (He didn't work on Kirby 64, and it shows.) So, hoping for Ribbon is rather... hopeless. I hate to say it, 'cause she is such aq cute character.

In any case, I would most like to see Lolo & Lala. I think they have the best chance as far as becoming newcomers is concerned.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
ribbon has little chance, but I would SO play as her first thing. kirby 64 FTW.if we should have any character to repesent the 64 it should be ribbon. or she would at least be a good partner for kirby.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
*Mega Super Bumb*

Adeline being an AT might make Ribbon be in the game as well. I don't in what from, PC, AT, or sticker though.

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
*Mega Super Bumb*

Adeline being an AT might make Ribbon be in the game as well. I don't in what from, PC, AT, or sticker though.
Yes, I wanted to post that in this thread, but I didn't find it. :(

Thant confirms (OK, likely) Ribbon for an appearence in the game. I doubt we get her as a playable character, there are better choices in the Kirby series.

Maggirus

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well Sakurai recognizes the game because Adeline(the painter girl) is an AT but her chances are still low.

Top Bottom