• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revved up for Brawl?

Phred

Smash Journeyman
This Stage seens to represent Mario Circuit 2 from Super Mario Kart:

Its a little diffrent, but its the only Mario Circuit with this jump.
Yeah.

The design takes after Mario Kart DS' Figure 8 Circuit, but it's ultimately an original track layout suited for brawling in.

I do like that the map tv screen is a giant bottom half of a DS minus the buttons though.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. We can easily make the perfect tournament-legal stages, because the weak part of most stage builders is the lack of "special elements" like hazards. We can't as easily make stages as creative or unique as the premade ones as we can TL ones.

Look at it this way, because that last explanation sucked.
For TL stages, we only need a basic layout. Anything else makes it less legal. Only very basic pieces like "platform" and "thin platform" are needed, and only one of those is ABSOULTELY nessesary. When one's chosen, the other one becomes nonessential. But oddball stages, with their own quirks and things that make them unique? Sakurai can make those, because he can create things from scratch. We can't. We can only make what we're given. Go-Karts, Lava, moving platforms (Well, changing layouts like Grand Prix), stage destruction (maybe possible. Destructible blocks seem pretty possible.), layout changes (Pokemon Stadium), etc. So don't freak out if most of the stages we get are illegal. He's just doing it because he knows we can easily make a legal one.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Nice find!
I wouldn't have found it otherwise.
Good to know how much Nintendo stuff they're putting into Brawl.
Easter Eggs are always awesome. :)

Well. I was gonna say you have to be careful from the side cars
But I totally forgot about the map.
:laugh: Haha.

If I could say one word about this update it is:
FINALLY!
they entire stage is based on the Mario Kart DS version of the standard figure eight.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The new stage is cool and all...but I just don't see it being allowed in tournaments...
Care to explain a little bit? I honestly see nothing so far that seems completely broken about this level.

Phred

Smash Journeyman
Care to explain a little bit? I honestly see nothing so far that seems completely broken about this level.
Apparently because it has cars.
And the stage goes to the edge?
You could stand there and back throw people to death.

Meta Kirby

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna KILL you.- Naruto Uzumaki, Naruto

I'm in a f***in' bad mood and this is gonna be short (if you want to live)... Good stage...:mad::mad:

Aeramis

Smash Ace
I like the update but really how many more things can they tell us that we already know before we get something new. Examples of a really good update IMO: New characters, unseen stages, unseen game modes, unseen items, or maybe even a new video/trailer.

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
this stage kinda reminds me of the flat zone stage.... the way all the platforms are set up and the karts...we might even see an oil slick

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
where do you think the PT will stand? Off to the side? what if you have 4 PTs, It will start to get crowded!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
True, I also wonder if a Lakitu will appear after you wipe out one of the cars...if only they added a moving element to this stage...

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
So is tomarrow the day that japnese magazine is coming out? where will get the starting roster, and the samurais pandas theory will FINALLY be disproven.....Don't get me wrong i love you guys just i totally disagree with it every point he says can be counterargued

skyblue

Smash Apprentice
I had been waiting forever for this stage to be updated. It looks fun, and will most likely will have some cool music, but those walk-off edges are worrying me a bit.

Why are stages with walk-offs banned again?

Anyways, I like this stage. I thought it looked a little plain at first, but now it looks better. How many more Mario stages will there be I wonder....?

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
because a person like fox couldov waveshined u off the stage or dk could cargo grab u right off the stage **** like thyat could change in brawl u never know **** like that wont bedetermind 4 at lerast 3 or 2 years

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
one more thing i've been reading some comments and all i have to say is *** ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DISSING US TOURNAMENT PLAYERS YOU TRY TO GET TO MY FUKEN LEVEL OF PLAYING ITS NOT RIGHT I CAN MAKE FUN OF U 4 SUKING AT THE GAME AND NOT KNOWING **** ABOUT IT AT ALL DONT MAKE FUN OF US HOW WE PLAY AND OUR RULES IM SIK OF IT

ChozoChampion

Smash Apprentice
one more thing i've been reading some comments and all i have to say is *** ALL THE PEOPLE WHO ARE DISSING US TOURNAMENT PLAYERS YOU TRY TO GET TO MY FUKEN LEVEL OF PLAYING ITS NOT RIGHT I CAN MAKE FUN OF U 4 SUKING AT THE GAME AND NOT KNOWING **** ABOUT IT AT ALL DONT MAKE FUN OF US HOW WE PLAY AND OUR RULES IM SIK OF IT
i Agree with you but making random outbursts is only giving them the reaction they want from you, easier to ignore it. i also agree that samurai pandas theory is severe overspeculation.

Florida

イーグランツ
This is probably my favorite stage thus far. When it was first shown in the Nintendo World Wide trailer, I had different thoughts on how this stage would work. I'm glad that this stage is stationary; it's like an improved Mute City! I also like how much they've advanced graphics-wise with this stage. As already pointed out, there are many differences between the NWW trailer version of the stage and this one. The map in the background which indicates where the Shy Guys are is my favorite part about it.

Definitely looking forward to this stage!

Desruprot

Smash Lord
lol, I guess of the track, hopefully not blocked...its that or the grandstands or on a mushroom...He will not stand on where the Karts go though...

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
The stage looks fun to play on. I never really minded walk-off stages, personally, so no huge issue for me there.

I'm wondering about the alcoves on either side. Does it function like a wall, as I can see the support beams on the left side. If so, can you jump up through the track there or is it a ceiling. If it's a wall + ceiling, I forsee people camping in there and wall/ceiling teching to higher percentages than they should live at.

Fun stuff.

Top Bottom