• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

REVIVAL Unofficial Project M Young Link [Fierce Deity Transformation] Screenshots!

Moveset First Release

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
I was a bit confused by the choices, but I voted remove FD until he was ready. Out of curiosity, what's the difference between wait until FD is done and FD as final smash?
id assume he was gonna be a bigger part of the moveset at first, but its gotten to the point where its delaying the competition of Young Link, so wait until Fierce is ready will mean that Young Link will be released without the Fierce Deity, Fierce Deity Final Smash is just that, though i do hope that you can control Fierce as long as we can do that im happy

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
I was a bit confused by the choices, but I voted remove FD until he was ready. Out of curiosity, what's the difference between wait until FD is done and FD as final smash?
I meant that the two votes was to pick when you would get Fierce Deity(the first two choices), and how he will appear(Final, or Down-B). Keep in mind, everybody, if he is final smash, you can't use Fierce Deity in tournaments. As a Down-B, you would be able to use him.

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
I meant that the two votes was to pick when you would get Fierce Deity(the first two choices), and how he will appear(Final, or Down-B). Keep in mind, everybody, if he is final smash, you can't use Fierce Deity in tournaments. As a Down-B, you would be able to use him.
Ahh, that makes sense. Changed my vote in that case.

darklink1996

Smash Rookie
I vote down-b, with the addition the Young Link's Final Smash should be an instant transformation, and for Fierce Deity it resets the transformation's time limit. (At least, I would've voted that had I seen this in time)

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
If you really want this to be competitive, only do final smash. Down B is just too risky and it honestly seems really unbalanced.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
If you really want this to be competitive, only do final smash. Down B is just too risky and it honestly seems really unbalanced.
I do want this to be competitive, but a powerful move always has its weaknesses. The Fierce Deity can be hit, and the move has to be charged similar to Cloud's Limit Break.

The Blitzkrieg

Smash Apprentice
I do want this to be competitive, but a powerful move always has its weaknesses. The Fierce Deity can be hit, and the move has to be charged similar to Cloud's Limit Break.
I understand, but I just can't see it working like that. IMO it should be a final smash, so FD can have a lot less limitations.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
I understand, but I just can't see it working like that. IMO it should be a final smash, so FD can have a lot less limitations.
In Majora's Mask, Fierce Deity Link is not invincible. He can be hit, and he can be killed. Besides, I want FD to be able to be used in tournaments, as a Final Smash, he can't be used at all.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Could I give some suggestions on moveset changes? I don't wanna seem rude coming outta the blue.

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Ive always wanted to make a Young Link mod, so here are the moves I thought he'd have. *assume he's facing forward*
GF Sword: Great Fairy Sword
Jab: Like the Majoras Mask standard 3 hit attack, two slashes to the left and a wider one to the right.
F-Tilt: A forwards stab, like when L targeting and pressing Attack+Forward in MM. It would also be angleable.
U-Tilt: Kind of like Marth's.
D-Tilt: The crouching shield stab from MM.
U-Smash: An upwards thrust with the GF Sword.
F-Smash: He holds the GF Sword behind him while charging it, and slams it forwards from over his head, kind of like the vertical slash in MM.
D-Smash: A spin with the GF Sword low to the ground.
Dash Attack: Like Marths
N-Air: Like Captain Falcon's.
F-Air: A slash to the right, and then a higher slash to the left.
U-Air: A thrust of the GF Sword that's a little slower than Link's but stronger.
B-Air: Like Falco's.
D-Air: Same as the Upwards version, but downwards. He'd also hold it out for a little bit longer.
N-Special: Because Toon Link uses Fire arrows, I thought it'd be cool if he had Ice arrows instead they'd take a little longer to charge to max power, but would freeze foes when fully charged.
U-Special: On the ground, I thought of it being a single spin around Young Link with the GF Sword that can be charged to blue and then orange magic power, with orange being the strongest and widest. In the air, It would be two slow yet strong spins that send Young Link upwards.
F-Special: It would be like Links, but would pull opponents backwards at the max range of the boomerang, allowing it to hit twice.
D-Special: Instead of a bomb, how about a Bombchu? It wouldn't be as strong, but would be able to travel along the ground. Young Link wouldn't be able to hold it as long, being a better tool for bomb jumping.
Grabs: instead of using a regular Hookshot, he'd use the one from MM. The throws themselves are like Links

NOTE: These are just suggestions, and I don't expect someone to even consider them. However, If you want to use them, that's fine by me. I just wanted to make my contribution.

Last edited:

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Ive always wanted to make a Young Link mod, so here are the moves I thought he'd have. *assume he's facing forward*
GF Sword: Great Fairy Sword
Jab: Like the Majoras Mask standard 3 hit attack, two slashes to the left and a wider one to the right.
F-Tilt: A forwards stab, like when L targeting and pressing Attack+Forward in MM. It would also be angleable.
U-Tilt: Kind of like Marth's.
D-Tilt: The crouching shield stab from MM.
U-Smash: An upwards thrust with the GF Sword.
F-Smash: He holds the GF Sword behind him while charging it, and slams it forwards from over his head, kind of like the vertical slash in MM.
D-Smash: A spin with the GF Sword low to the ground.
Dash Attack: Like Marths
N-Air: Like Captain Falcon's.
F-Air: A slash to the right, and then a higher slash to the left.
U-Air: A thrust of the GF Sword that's a little slower than Link's but stronger.
B-Air: Like Falco's.
D-Air: Same as the Upwards version, but downwards. He'd also hold it out for a little bit longer.
N-Special: Because Toon Link uses Fire arrows, I thought it'd be cool if he had Ice arrows instead they'd take a little longer to charge to max power, but would freeze foes when fully charged.
U-Special: On the ground, I thought of it being a single spin around Young Link with the GF Sword that can be charged to blue and then orange magic power, with orange being the strongest and widest. In the air, It would be two slow yet strong spins that send Young Link upwards.
F-Special: It would be like Links, but would pull opponents backwards at the max range of the boomerang, allowing it to hit twice.
D-Special: Instead of a bomb, how about a Bombchu? It wouldn't be as strong, but would be able to travel along the ground. Young Link wouldn't be able to hold it as long, being a better tool for bomb jumping.
Grabs: instead of using a regular Hookshot, he'd use the one from MM. The throws themselves are like Links

NOTE: These are just suggestions, and I don't expect someone to even consider them. However, If you want to use them, that's fine by me. I just wanted to make my contribution.
Okay, wow. The GF sword would be interesting, but using it for every smash attack is kinda of op. Besides, the F-Smash was going to be the Jump Attack. Some of the attacks are just recycled moves from other characters, something I would like to limit as much as possible. As for the Ice Arrows, I was planning to do something similar, but with elemental arrows. Now for the Bombchu idea, that's a very interesting idea. So it would kind of work like a hothead, running along the ground, but after a certain amount of time, would explode? (PS: the hookshot I just need the model for)

DeKu Skrub

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadixREBORN
3DS FC
1650-2649-2219
Switch FC
SW-1122-3127-2057
Yeah, basicly. Though, it would last only about 3 or 4 seconds on the ground and 2 in Young Links hand. The GF Sword Smashes could be slower than regular Smashes, y'know, with more start up and end lag. But what if we fused the jump attack and GF smash and just had the GF Sword jump attack from MM? Anyways, thanks for even looking at my ideas.

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Nice work ya got there! If only i had the experience to help out the project
Regardless, i simply have two questions.
1. Have ya thought of the possibility of diffrent swords, like besides great fairy sword, kokiri sword, and golden sword, just for asthetics or alts?
2. On a scale from 1 to 10, how far is your project come along?

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Nice work ya got there! If only i had the experience to help out the project
Regardless, i simply have two questions.
1. Have ya thought of the possibility of diffrent swords, like besides great fairy sword, kokiri sword, and golden sword, just for asthetics or alts?
2. On a scale from 1 to 10, how far is your project come along?
1) Yes, I have.
2) I'd say about 4.

Pyro Gaming

Smash Apprentice
Remember Young Link's flame spike from Melee? Well, I decided to expand upon it, giving some attacks flame sweetspots and certain moves flame graphic effects. This was my result on his Spin Attack.

I do want your input, should I add the flame effects and sweetspots to some attacks of his?

kalvinwithak

Smash Apprentice
Will masks be included as recolors, or will there be a taunt to put them on? Or separate recolors all together?

The Ultimate Smasher

Smash Rookie
Well wil this mod be over link or toon link? I have a couple of animations for link that has him putting a mask on, and I have. The requested models custom made, bow, boomerang, ECT. But the hookshot can only work for link now, but i was wondering if anyone would help me import it to toon link if it's over toon link. Well thanks for reading.

Lyndis_

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-6600-3090-1548
The last time OP posted was in May 2018, and before that was in July 2017. I'd say it's safe to assume this project is very much over and they've moved on, and with Young Link in Legacy XP anyways I don't really blame them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom