• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Revival of B[rawl]

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
Message me anytime guys ill be playing some Brawl on Wiimmfi alot more now.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Wiimmfi servers are better than netplay. I used to love brawl. looking back it wasn't as good as i thought i was orignally when i played it everyday. It was my first smash game ever that i played and it does have some good components. I personally hate melee, love project m, like smash 4, and like brawl. I think we should get brawl back because evry smash game is important and how can we call ourselves a community if we don't participate in every game. If we arte DIEHARTD smash fans, that should mean we play every game:)
Netplay is definitely better than wiimmfi, Brawl's netcode has minimum 6 frames of lag plus the speed of your p2p connection. Netplay only has the latter. That being said wiimmfi is more accessible and should continue to be supported.

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I hate losing to bad players in smash 4 because I help them beat me by adding up their percent and they squeeze out a smash attack. Of course this is a preference of mine. Brawl forever. Smash 4 forever. melee forever. Smash 64 forever. Let all games co exist or better yet let smash live.

Blue53

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bluemario64
REAL TALK: I think the best way to set this up is to make this an online tournament with the use of wiimmfi (wii not dolphin.) and share this forum to the top players if we want this to be big as possible and of course get somebody to stream it and possibly provide commentary :D. I know it's crazy talk but if we want to revive a good game we're gonna need the support from good players (AND PEOPLE ;) well duh)

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Oh I didn't realize this was a Wiimmfi tournament. I'll have to set up a save file so I can use Wiimmfi, and the only reason I haven't yet is pure laziness on my end...you know, I didn't want to have to reconfigure my custom music settings that I use for PM, lol.

When you say 3:30 pm, is that EST or another time zone?

Ifrit_Smash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Skyloftknight123
3DS FC
1375-7213-2200
oh right, sorry, my-B. The time will be 3:30 pm PST, I forget there are other time zones than my own sometimes haha

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Netplay is definitely better than wiimmfi, Brawl's netcode has minimum 6 frames of lag plus the speed of your p2p connection. Netplay only has the latter. That being said wiimmfi is more accessible and should continue to be supported.
There is nothing different nor better than Wiimmfi they're the exact same. The connections will be no different, because it's basically the same as going online. When you go online and start a match, the match isn't actually hosted on the server.

The player's wii's communicate directly to each other, which explains the lag. Also I've experienced the Net-play isn't better; however, the difference would be to brawl on a small computer screen rather than brawl on a nice big T.V or anything bigger than a monitor computer screen. Thanks.

Last edited:

Joaco

Triforce of Wisdom
NNID
JoacoRyu8
I think we should wait until the Smash 4 hype drops before attempting this

BombChu

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssbBombChu
That may be the best idea. Melee had its revival once the hype of Brawl died down a bit. Timing is key, if people are not willing to give Brawl another try it will fail but once sm4sh is not "Brand New" people will be more willing to hear us out on the subject.

Sensane

Smash Lord
NNID
Rneophyte
I really hope that Brawl will become competitive again. I started practicing Brawl competitively in early 2013, and to see that no one was hosting Brawl tournaments anymore made me feel disappointed, especially I don't have my own copy of Melee. However, when I saw a Brawl tournament hosted at Super Smash Con, I almost cried with tears of joy. I hope that this becomes a thing. Smash 64 had a huge metagame turnaround after Apex 2015, so I feel that this can work. Plus my Sonic may bring a few interesting things to the tier lists.....

D

Deleted member

I fully support a revival of Brawl being played competitively. It'd be great to see this game be rediscovered by people again. It's in a weird spot right now where it's kind of the redheaded stepchild of the Smash games. Nobody really acknowledges it or plays it anymore while all the other games are still played at tournaments rather consistently. It bums me out, because I still think Brawl is a great game that never really had its negative stigma worn out, especially by those who were expecting it to be as technical or precise as Melee. Every Smash game is its own experience that has its own things to bring to the table, and I believe it's time that we experience Brawl again.

Plus I need an excuse to pull out my Dedede and Lucas. Literally no locals around me at the moment host Brawl tournaments. :c

Last edited by a moderator:

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
I'm confused. if Brawl isn't considered quote "competitive" anymore then why did people enter in Brawl tournaments at Apex 2015 and Super Smash Con 2015? Is it because they were once in the competitive scene and had a chance to earn money?

Omar_25

Smash Superstar
I'm confused. if Brawl isn't considered quote "competitive" anymore then why did people enter in Brawl tournaments at Apex 2015 and Super Smash Con 2015? Is it because they were once in the competitive scene and had a chance to earn money?
It's because the game still is still being played at a competitive level. Simple as that.

Last edited:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
APEX and Smash Con simply want to honor the entire series. APEX 2015 had 176 Brawl entrants. Meanwhile, Sm4sh had 837, and Melee had 1037.

clydeaker

Smash Journeyman
APEX and Smash Con simply want to honor the entire series. APEX 2015 had 176 Brawl entrants. Meanwhile, Sm4sh had 837, and Melee had 1037.
It seems to me that people who enter a brawl tournament are way more likely to win than someone who enters a Wii U tournament.

Top Bottom