• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Tele-tether

Agi

Smash Lord
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/43n87j/zss_reverse_teletether/

Just an alternative way to replicate the instant tether snap glitch. Requires you to be facing away from ledge, Up B, and release holding away from ledge on frame 12. I think it has something to do with checking for a successful tether snap around that time, but don't have brawlbox or whatever to confirm or look at complicated variables.

EDIT: After a bit of labbing beyond figuring out the mechanism to make this work, I've figured out two things - you can't perform this while rising (no clue why) AND THIS IGNORES THE TWO-TETHER LIMIT. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

mawwwk

Smash Rookie
played around with it for a bit. so the inputs before frame 10 don't matter at all, as long as you're holding:
away on the wooptie frame (10)
away on the frame after that (11),
neutral on the next frame (12). (This is all said in the video, i know :shyguy:)

if you return to neutral position early, you get the same result as a normal upB. If you return it too late, you miss the edge completely and end up waaaaay offstage - really high-risk/low-reward. so it'll be a while if this makes it to high-level play

Last edited:
Top Bottom