• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse SH mindgames.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Just thought I'd put this out here. Ness actually has quite a lot of options from a reverse sh. The most obvious choice is bair, as I'm sure everybody already knows about. Something people don't know about is that Ness' uair has quite a lot of range behind it as well. It has a lot more horizontal range behind Ness rather than in front of Ness. You can land a sh uair by ff'ing.

Just felt like mentioning a possible mix-up game... A Ness facing the opposite direction can also d-smash, pivot bat, or pivot pk fire as well. It's a rare situation to be in...

Uair is a very powerful kill move that I don't really see being used that often. At low percents it also combos into a utilt as well as setting up pkt juggles.

Sorry I haven't really been contributing recently. I haven't been feeling too good.

In brawl+ in combos into pkt2 (which I've said countless times, but it should be reinforced) and juggles like ****.

mobilisq

Smash Ace
I approach with b-air all the time, but just recently started messing with u-air too. Weird how a thread surfaces on the subject. It does work nicely.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well that works too I guess.

I don't usually approach with run to sh aerials. I like jumping around all over the place and then landing an aerial eventually or run in with a grab or u-smash...

Uffe

Smash Hero
RAR > bair works fine on people who like to spotdodge. I remember fighting a friends crazy D3 who'd just spotdodge all my attacks. At the time I was pretty n00bish at the game so I had no idea what methods worked for that. I'd dash > SH > RAR > bair. It kept hitting him and I eventually won. But yeah, Ness' bair is pretty killer and if you SH with Ness while looking away from your opponent, it makes them scared. At least it used to do that to me when I fought other Ness' who did that.

Of course the reversed attacks that have nothing to do with SH sound interesting. I've successfully got my pivot smashes to work a few times, but it's all situational and requires good timing. I remember getting a Bowser main with it, tippered which KO'd him. I've also done it to Donkey Kong. I can't remember whose DK it was, though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Near ground uairs rock. I have to say I'm a bigger fan of RAR DAS Bair to Uair. That's how I KO with uairs without leaving myself totally vulnerable for the first section of that short hop.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I really wish you'd teach me how to do that, Earthbound360. I've seen you pull it off so much and I can't even do it. I'll either u-tilt or u-smash. :/

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I really wish you'd teach me how to do that, Earthbound360. I've seen you pull it off so much and I can't even do it. I'll either u-tilt or u-smash. :/
Seriously? Just tap the c-stick. It takes 10 minutes of practice to be able to pull it off consistently. (sp?)

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Yeah a RAR'd uair is useful. It's pretty safe when spaced too because it pushes a shield opponent away so you don't get punished. It kills a grounded opponent at 130% I think. If it doesn't kill then follow up with PKT juggling for an easy 20% on them, then they should be able to be killed by a nair or ftilt by now.

DAS nair on a shielded opponent to uair is good too. :)

Uffe

Smash Hero
So just now, though I lost, I was doing that SH > bair thing against R.O.B. He was blocking and I wasn't even hitting him. He eventually dropped his shield and I killed him. :laugh:

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Couldn't he have shieldgrabbed you?????

I don't really use das that much... I usually get sheildgrabbed when I do. I like sh -> aerial -> dj -> aerial.

I really need to incorporate that into my game.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Couldn't he have shieldgrabbed you?????

I don't really use das that much... I usually get sheildgrabbed when I do. I like sh -> aerial -> dj -> aerial.

I really need to incorporate that into my game.
Perhaps. But I wasn't hitting him with my bair and eventually he dropped his shield and I got him.

Top Bottom