• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse Laser

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
So here's the scenario:

Say you have a character beneath a platform just beyond the far edge. Kinda like Link is here (if he were on the left side). And for whatever reason, you wanna waveland off that platform and bair the mofo. I've seen people dash over, jc shine to turn around, and waveland off to get it done. I've also seen people just reverse laser onto the platform and waveland off. But what i've started doing is using reverse laser just at the edge the platform. The momentum from the dash is enough for you to slide off immediately (I use this same technique every so often to edgehog, too). I think this is pretty much the fastest way to get it done.

So i'm just curious if anyone else has ever taken this route? Or really utilized reverse laser for anything but retreating missile spam? It's great just as a mindf***, and it makes for as fast an edgehog as turnaround waveshine.

Oh, just as a question on the side, can you ledgehop laser and just grab the ledge again? I know you can ledgehop laser and slide back off, but is that the fastest way?

ipownoobz

Smash Rookie
and usually i just skip the laser part of the platform thing and just do the waveland bair, cause it's much faster and efficient
and
yeah you can do the the ledgehop laser thing, but u gotta be m2k XD

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
You're talking about reverse edge-cancelled lasers. It works, but if you miss....

if you can do it 100% and aren't afraid to throw in out in tournament then why not? Personally I'd do what Lovage just posted.

derfleurer

Smash Journeyman
I haven't practiced much, but I can do it pretty consistently. And at least for me, it's less effort than turn-around shine waveland (and faster I think).

Thanks, just figured i'd ask since I never see anyone do it. p=

Smilez

Smash Journeyman
It def. works as long as you can do it consistently I don't see why not. Just know the fox has many ways to edge-hog. Mix it up, don't do the same thing over and over.

AceDudeyeah

Smash Ace
I'm not picturing the difference between the platform laser thing you're suggesting and what you said everyone else does.

Top Bottom