• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse B/B Reversal issues/tech on Charge Shot

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I ignore the crap just like anyone else's post I read.
Man, it's 'cause of this kinda attitude that let Hitler do what he did, that lets Putin get away with all his crap, etc.

Nah, I'm just kidding.

sorta

Litt

Samus
These boards are not meant for the koombiyah chant... its a place to discuss the character... if you want to be social go on facebook, but thats not the purpose of these boards... if you want a more social experience, join the general discussion. My social skills are more than fine in person, and I have worked on them for a number of years to get them up to par, I just have zero tolerance for individuals that do not contribute where they believe their voice just need to be heard. If you are wrong about something, Im not going to say, Ohhhh johnny, its ok that you don't understand this mechanic, let me walk you through step by step how to improve, because honestly, I don't care to make everyone a better player, I am just here to discuss the character and improve the metagame, and when I encounter a player that tries to talk down to me or on an equal level to myself when it is clear they don't understand the game as well as they think, I am not going to be patient with an ignorant person, I am going to allow them to learn their place from tell them the way it is, and if they disagree with me past that point, they can shut me up with a MM, or just listen to what I have to say, test it out for themselves and come back with their own input.

Litt

Samus
^^^ Ha haaaa hahah ha... oh wait... that isnt topic related... it is pointless, and it wastes space... but wait, we still have KLit to yell at for not being extra special super nice to newer players on here, so this will go unmentioned...

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
lolwat. y.
^^^ Ha haaaa hahah ha... oh wait... that isnt topic related... it is pointless, and it wastes space... but wait, we still have KLit to yell at for not being extra special super nice to newer players on here, so this will go unmentioned...
Dude, it's not about being extra special super nice. It's about being decent. I don't get why you can't bring those social skills you say you worked on for years into this place. I don't get why you feel like this specific character board shouldn't deserve the same basic human respect that you get (usually) in the general discussion forums. I don't get why you feel the need to separate character discussion and decency.

Our contention with you isn't your flat-out saying, "You're wrong". It's your weird need to add, "You idiot." or something to that general effect.

Litt

Samus
Its because if newer players are not discouraged to listen before opening their mouth first... these boards get flooded with their proverbial ****... and then people later on will never be able to sift through them all

Litt

Samus
thats because newer players these days, have not learned to shut the hell up and listen and they no longer want to be in the shadow of better players... rather they want to invent their own metagame...despite better ones already existing.... they are just too stupid to just shut up and listen....

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
thats because newer players these days, have not learned to shut the hell up and listen and they no longer want to be in the shadow of better players... rather they want to invent their own metagame...despite better ones already existing.... they are just too stupid to just shut up and listen....
Okay... now you're bordering on delusional. You're treating "newcomers" like they aren't even human. Your line of thought is evidently so wrought with logical fallacies that I can't even.

Litt

Samus
Okay... now you're bordering on delusional. You're treating "newcomers" like they aren't even human. Your line of thought is evidently so wrought with logical fallacies that I can't even.
I'm treating them like the bottom of the totem poll... learn where you place is before you assume you are at the middle or top, chances are you start on the bottom and should speak to others accordingly

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I'm treating them like the bottom of the totem poll...
That is the entire problem.

There is no totem poll. There is no bottom, and there is no tolerating your condescending attitude towards people who haven't passed whatever arbitrary standards of skill you have. If you will not treat newcomers with hospitality, you will be vilified, you will be derided, and above all you will be ignored.

STOP IT.

Last edited:

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
So essentially, the fastest way to change direction in the air is using a charge shot? Good to know. I've been using homing missiles for that (especially great if using the Ice Beam), but it certainly does take up a lot of time.

Litt

Samus
That is the entire problem.

There is no totem poll. There is no bottom, and there is no tolerating your condescending attitude towards people who haven't passed whatever arbitrary standards of skill you have. If you will not treat newcomers with hospitality, you will be vilified, you will be derided, and above all you will be ignored.

STOP IT.
I will not stop, and there needs to be order on here otherwise its just a bunch of stupid mediocre smash players trying to accomplish what has already been discovered, known to perfected, you all need to stop it and just listen instead of opening your mouths' to spew out whatever **** you think you know, chances are its **** and wont be helpful here.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
Yup! I haven't been punished by it yet. Throwing out a ~scary~ missile doesn't deter any edge guarding, at least in my experience. Neither Oracle, Denti, NOR Sethlon have been afraid to edge guard with a missile on the table. I find it more secure to actually face the stage when I'm out in danger. It gives me room to weave up and down. They've actually edge guarded less when I'm facing them. Psychological effect, I guess.

Narpas_sword

I will not stop, and there needs to be order on here otherwise its just a bunch of stupid mediocre smash players trying to accomplish what has already been discovered, known to perfected, you all need to stop it and just listen instead of opening your mouths' to spew out whatever **** you think you know, chances are its **** and wont be helpful here.
It's not working bro, you need to try harder.

Re topic, I can't actually think of what I do if I'm off stage backwards. I don't think it happens enough to me to cause me to have a ready strategy.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
The superiority complex is strong with this one.

Litt

Samus
or perhaps someone understands the game to a greater degree... :o

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
or perhaps someone understands the game to a greater degree... :o
I already said I don't doubt your capabilities. But that doesn't mean you don't have a huge superiority complex.

Litt

Samus
when I tell someone something, and when I get in response no I am wrong.... they need to be put in their place and told they are stupid and ignorant

Litt

Samus
I know I am not the best samus out there... there are a few better, but when I give advice, you should try it out, listen and not act like a troll bag in response, because I am not naturally like this... only when provoked by ignorant individuals that believe their advice is just as good as a much more experienced and competent player, when all they do is play with friends and any advice they give is not applicable at a higher level or able to translate to other individuals playing the game because their opponents more likely adapt better or have good DI. So no, I am not going to argue and reason with people that tell me I am wrong, or their advice is better when I already know its not, and they shouldn't come here so proud, they are big fish in a small pond, that have not put a toe in the ocean that is the competitive scene, and I will not walk them into our scene with open arms if they decide that is the best way to come in, with the attitude of I already know it all, I'm not listening to you.

Last edited:

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
I will not walk them into our scene with open arms if they decide that is the best way to come in, with the attitude of I already know it all, I'm not listening to you.
You delusional, hypocritical, oblivious moron, you just described your own attitude. You're the one that refuses to accept any new input because you think you already know everything.

That was so hilarious, seeing you type that. You know what, never change. In a weird twisted way you make these boards more entertaining.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Yup heres my condescending reply... a grand total of about 6 of you constantly come on here... more ellipses for those of you that love them... ... ... and none of you contribute anything with the exception of one or two... and that is on occasions... if you dont care to be met with condescension... THEN ASK INSTEAD OF JUST STATING YOUR OPINION... more ellipses .... .... ... ... you talk about a community... yet if you are not an active member who competes, an is a quality player, ORRRR actually understands the game to a higher level... DO NOT POST ON HERE AS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE IT WILL BE MET WITH PEOPLE TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE FLAT OUT WRONG... I dont have patience for your **** clogging up a board, but I would be more than happy to answer any question any of you have if you would just hold your pride and ask them instead of waiting to be told you are wrong or an idiot.... most of you just play with your friends and come here because you are just getting into the scene and ask for advice while giving input that is 99% unless or already known, a few of you have recognized that when you sift those the tirades I go on telling off new players to shut up and listen instead of posting and giving incorrect advice there is actually useful information, so now that all of you know that... HMMMMMM wait for it more ellipses to come... ... ... ... DON'T antagonize me when I tell you are wrong or something you put was pointless, and just inquire as to why I said something... BECAUSE THERE IS MOST LIKELY A GOOD DEAL OF THOUGHT I PUT INTO SOMETHING BEFORE MAKING A CLAIM OR POST OR INFORMING SOMEONE THEY ARE WRONG
This is the saddest thing I've ever read.

Its because if newer players are not discouraged to listen before opening their mouth first... these boards get flooded with their proverbial ****... and then people later on will never be able to sift through them all
Yes, it's the new players doing that. As we close in on page 3 of my thread with 3 relevant replies. : /
Honestly, you don't even give advice that often. You just dismiss any attempt to contribute something with a grand flourish of ignorance. If you want to improve the meta-game, fine. But part of that is allowing new people in, and you're effectively a barrier to that. Blocking new people from wanting to contribute makes them less likely to keep playing too, which hurts the overall health of the game. So you're effectively hurting our community, and making yourself look like a burro in the process.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Sorry dude, but I discourage people who post incorrect information or stupid opinions because they felt they needed to be heard. I advance the metagame by playing the game and shooting down ideas I have both already tried myself, and know mechanically are not feasible. If you select few who try to keep this board alive believe what you contribute is effective in progressing metagame, think again. ^_^

Chevy

Smash Ace
Sorry dude, but I discourage people who post incorrect information or stupid opinions because they felt they needed to be heard. I advance the metagame by playing the game and shooting down ideas I have both already tried myself, and know mechanically are not feasible. If you select few who try to keep this board alive believe what you contribute is effective in progressing metagame, think again. ^_^
Really? Because you were pretty discouraging of the original post when all I was doing was providing unquestionably true information, trying to open a discussion and see if anyone else had some fun tech with the charge shot.

Anyway, has anyone else tried the wall jump out of charge shot reverse cancel? I could only gain height the first time; it's a little tricky to pull off, so it might be possible to do it twice or so and still profit some height.

Litt

Samus
Really? Because you were pretty discouraging of the original post when all I was doing was providing unquestionably true information, trying to open a discussion and see if anyone else had some fun tech with the charge shot.

Anyway, has anyone else tried the wall jump out of charge shot reverse cancel? I could only gain height the first time; it's a little tricky to pull off, so it might be possible to do it twice or so and still profit some height.
^ that is actually a worth while discussion to be had on a recovery option thread, and I said it was a pointless topic because the info out there was already known and you didnt really put anything forward that could be discussed, this on the other hand is actually a neat trick that can be used on stages with low enough walls to get a wall jump

Chevy

Smash Ace
^ that is actually a worth while discussion to be had on a recovery option thread, and I said it was a pointless topic because the info out there was already known and you didnt really put anything forward that could be discussed, this on the other hand is actually a neat trick that can be used on stages with low enough walls to get a wall jump

Thank you for finally giving me something. But this was in my original post. Maybe it was unclear. EDIT: this->

"I've also found that wall jump into B-reverse charge is a quick way to the stage if your opponent isn't already at the ledge to punish you, and using this same technique you can actually get an extra wall jump off if the stage has a large wall."

It's a little lumped in, I admit.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
What I took from your original post is the mechanics of the b reverse versus the b reversal, regarding wave bouncing and brawl mechanics. All that I read was pretty obvious and could have been found if someone just read a brawl thread regarding these mechanics. Well after 3 pages of no you are stupid, no you are stupid, we finally got something established... hurray for clarification

Top Bottom