• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse B/B Reversal issues/tech on Charge Shot

Chevy

Smash Ace
I've got a few thoughts that I haven't yet seen discussed about Samus's charge shot and neutral Bs in general.

First off, for those who don't know, there are two types of reversing specials. I believe they are called:

Reverse B - performed by lightly tilting the stick in the opposite direction on your neutral B or tapping the stick opposite direction then pushing B, and

B reversal - which is when you smash the stick the opposite direction on a special after inputting it. B Reversals also reverse your momentum in the air, which can lead to interesting mix-ups and niche tech, such as enabling wavebouncing. I imagine most of you know this, but it's a precursor to this discussion so there it is.

Anyway, I thought there were many bugs involving Samus' charge shot when I first played 3.0, but these were all misunderstandings involving Reverse B. My biggest problem was that whenever I jumped backwards, be it from a ledge or on stage, and fired a charge shot, Samus turned around and I missed. This can be negated by just B Reversing it again, but it can be an issue if you don't expect it. This occurs with any character who has a similarly functioning neutral B, but I first had the problem with Samus.

To the point, my first question is does anybody use the flick then push method for reversing it, or do most do the light tilt? I tilt lightly and didn't know about the other method initially, and it does produce problems if you're not expecting it to happen.

Secondly, I'd just like to talk about niche tech with reversing the charge shot that anybody's found. You can reverse B off-stage and cancel the charge to face the ledge and grapple if you find yourself facing the wrong way trying to recover, which is much quicker than a smash missile and can save your life sometimes. I've also found that wall jump into B-reverse charge is a quick way to the stage if your opponent isn't already at the ledge to punish you, and using this same technique you can actually get an extra wall jump off if the stage has a large wall. You can recover from the bottom blastzone of Dracula's castle like this if you still have a double jump.

So, there's some thoughts, discuss.

Fortress

Smash Master
Secondly, I'd just like to talk about niche tech with reversing the charge shot that anybody's found. You can reverse B off-stage and cancel the charge to face the ledge and grapple if you find yourself facing the wrong way trying to recover, which is much quicker than a smash missile and can save your life sometimes. I've also found that wall jump into B-reverse charge is a quick way to the stage if your opponent isn't already at the ledge to punish you, and using this same technique you can actually get an extra wall jump off if the stage has a large wall. You can recover from the bottom blastzone of Dracula's castle like this if you still have a double jump.

So, there's some thoughts, discuss.
This is the same sort of thing that Sheik has going on for her, actually, and is much more handy for Samus from far off the stage seeing as she can bomb stall and tether to recover. That kind of charge reversal is something that every Samus player should try and pick up, since you do in fact have options when facing the wrong direction off-stage.

Litt

Samus
Yes its faster... but shooting a homing missile towards the stage will prove more useful if an opponent is trying to come out and edgeguard you. Yes its another option, (We are all aware of, and should be able to use it effectively just from understanding... off stage... facing wrong direction, fastest way to turn around.... reverse neutral b charge cancel), so I really do not think this thread was necessary, but then again it all just depends on the common sense of those picking up a character.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Yes its faster... but shooting a homing missile towards the stage will prove more useful if an opponent is trying to come out and edgeguard you. Yes its another option, (We are all aware of, and should be able to use it effectively just from understanding... off stage... facing wrong direction, fastest way to turn around.... reverse neutral b charge cancel), so I really do not think this thread was necessary, but then again it all just depends on the common sense of those picking up a character.
If you don't think the thread is necessary, than you can at least comment on any of my other points rather than pick one you know about and make an obvious statement. This is for the benefit of everyone, not just arrogant superiorists. Note I'm trying to make a point, not pick a fight.

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Just block Klit. He's just a toxic nobody.
Honestly, I have to say I'm really not quite sure what to make of him... On the one hand, he does offer some good advice from time to time... on the other hand, he's just not likable at all :\

Fortress

Smash Master
Why should you take the advice of somebody who doesn't give two ****s about yours? There are far better people and players than Klit with whom to talk to in regards to improving your game.

Litt

Samus
Only one around that ive seen videos of yet are... Esam and Dyna

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Why should you take the advice of somebody who doesn't give two ****s about yours? There are far better people and players than Klit with whom to talk to in regards to improving your game.
I don't doubt his skills or abilities. As a player, I respect him. As a person, though, not so much.

Chevy

Smash Ace
Only one around that ive seen videos of yet are... Esam and Dyna
What is this? Does this mean something? Or are you just typing irrelevant sentences into a thread instead of even trying to contribute? My best guess is that this is supposed to mean that you don't have proof that any of us are worth listening to. But there's so little context that I can't really jump out onto that limb.

Litt

Samus
Ummm Chevy... you just joined smash boards on wednesday... lol, you don't really have any right to talk **** yet, let alone those videos you posted giving you any respect for your "skill"

Litt

Samus
And my proof of listening to someone is comparing it to my knowledge of the game and the character, which is relatively consistent at higher levels of play... or by watching a video and seeing a solid play style with fluid movement...

Narpas_sword

Ummm Chevy... you just joined smash boards on wednesday... lol, you don't really have any right to talk **** yet, let alone those videos you posted giving you any respect for your "skill"
Since you seem unsure, you NEVER get the right to talk like a compete tosser to people.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Since you seem unsure, you NEVER get the right to talk like a compete tosser to people.
Hahahha fair enough, no one ever has the right to do so, but it is more acceptable when you have the experience to back up what you say.

Chevy

Smash Ace
You are much better than me at Smash Bros. I accept this. Is this relevant? No. I posted the videos to get feedback because I am a new player and am looking to improve. Thing is, you didn't post anything to contribute to the thread, and indeed, still aren't. You haven't made any valid points, instead opting to deflect and talk about how you're "more qualified" because you clearly have nothing useful to actually contribute. Even in me trying to clarify what you're actually implying, you simply jump on the "I'm more experienced than you n00b" train. If you have nothing useful to say, then leave the thread. Grow up.

Litt

Samus
I was making a point saying that this thread was pointless and you basically just asked what other people used, between the flick and tilt method, I personally find wave bouncing a bit gimmicky, and have no incorporated them into my game at all, but that's also because Im not a fan of brawl mechanics. As for just reversing the neutral b, I use the tilt method... there is your contribution :)

Litt

Samus
Why haven't you guys just put Klit on your ignore list? He's just some ***got scrub.
Why haven't you Fortress, I have already told you to stop speaking with me, what part of that has not sunk in?

Chevy

Smash Ace
I was making a point saying that this thread was pointless and you basically just asked what other people used, between the flick and tilt method, I personally find wave bouncing a bit gimmicky, and have no incorporated them into my game at all, but that's also because Im not a fan of brawl mechanics. As for just reversing the neutral b, I use the tilt method... there is your contribution :)
Thanks for something, at least. Anyway, I don't see how it's pointless, I was trying to provide some new niche tech to people who may not know, because there isn't an active discussion involving any of the points I brought up. And I was just curious if anybody else had gripes with the flick method of reverse Bs. But rather, it's degenerated into another discussion about your poor attitude because you can't leave well enough alone.

Litt

Samus
You are talking about a tech that was already in brawl... if you want a discussion, perhaps go to that forum for a better discussion... the majority of PM players just play with their friends and are unfamiliar with advanced brawl tech anyway, so by introducing it to a group that does use it an is unfamiliar with it... you are not going to get a productive discussion...

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
You are talking about a tech that was already in brawl... if you want a discussion, perhaps go to that forum for a better discussion... the majority of PM players just play with their friends and are unfamiliar with advanced brawl tech anyway, so by introducing it to a group that does use it an is unfamiliar with it... you are not going to get a productive discussion...
Well, if he didn't pose the question, he would never have known. You're too quick to dismiss - it's not like these threads hurt anyone. But it's almost as if you take personal offense at this kind of stuff. Lighten up, man. This forum is supposed to be a friendly place.

Litt

Samus
Well, if he didn't pose the question, he would never have known. You're too quick to dismiss - it's not like these threads hurt anyone. But it's almost as if you take personal offense at this kind of stuff. Lighten up, man. This forum is supposed to be a friendly place.
I was discussing... read my first post on this thread... it was the others that took so negatively to it......

Chevy

Smash Ace
If I'm providing information to anyone at all, it's still worth it. As long as someone learned something it's a net gain. Anyway, part of what I was getting at was that the flick the push method of reverse B be removed as it's a nuisance, and only gets in the way. Obviously that would belong in the General Discussion, but there was enough Samus specific stuff that I decided to post here.

I was discussing... read my first post on this thread... it was the others that took so negatively to it......
Go figure someone had a negative reaction to one of your posts.

Litt

Samus
If I'm providing information to anyone at all, it's still worth it. As long as someone learned something it's a net gain. Anyway, part of what I was getting at was that the flick the push method of reverse B be removed as it's a nuisance, and only gets in the way. Obviously that would belong in the General Discussion, but there was enough Samus specific stuff that I decided to post here.

Go figure someone had a negative reaction to one of your posts.
See **** like that last comment is the reason I am still so negative to the scrubs like you on here, I try to be nice and you still throw it in my face

Narpas_sword

Why haven't you guys just put Klit on your ignore list? He's just some ***got scrub.
Because despite his poor choice in forums presentation, he's no worse than idiots who go around using '***got' as an insult.

If you cut the chaff from the wheat like you have to in many forums, you can actually gain some knowledge from the stuff he posts. It just takes a little effort to ignore the Alpha-child approach.

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
"it was the others that took so negatively to it"

That seems to be a common thing that happens whenever you post, huh? I wonder why that is. It couldn't possibly be because your posts are almost always unnecessarily negative? You could have stated the exact same points without being so condescending, you know. When I read your posts, it generally goes, "Uh huh... uh huh... wtf that was uncalled for. Uh huh. Uh huh. Wow. Uhm. srs?"

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Alright, I think there's been enough KLit hate here. It's fun in small doses, but after a point, it's like eating too much fudge. Eventually it just makes you sick.

Fortress

Smash Master
Because despite his poor choice in forums presentation, he's no worse than idiots who go around using '***got' as an insult.

If you cut the chaff from the wheat like you have to in many forums, you can actually gain some knowledge from the stuff he posts. It just takes a little effort to ignore the Alpha-child approach.
Ohiseewatyoudidthar.

Chevy

Smash Ace
See **** like that last comment is the reason I am still so negative to the scrubs like you on here, I try to be nice and you still throw it in my face
Despite it all, I'm am sorry. That was a little bitter. But throwing around insults like scrub for no good reason is why people dislike your attitude. I am aware that you are at least somewhat accomplished and usually know what you're talking about, but no-one wants to listen to you with that approach.

Litt

Samus
I am sorry you feel that way chevy... Yet you take an issue with me using scrub as an insult where the majority of bandwaggoners on here use swears must more vulguar... but the one on the cross is myself... for a condesending attitude, perhaps the issue lies with too many indiviudals on this forum, believing they know what they talk about when they open their mouth, and when they are told they are wrong in an ill mannered fashion, they take offesnse... Those are the same ones who use swears much worse than scrub... refer above to... Lordling... KoRLumen... and others....

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
I am sorry you feel that way chevy... Yet you take an issue with me using scrub as an insult where the majority of bandwaggoners on here use swears must more vulguar... but the one on the cross is myself... for a condesending attitude, perhaps the issue lies with too many indiviudals on this forum, believing they know what they talk about when they open their mouth, and when they are told they are wrong in an ill mannered fashion, they take offesnse... Those are the same ones who use swears much worse than scrub... refer above to... Lordling... KoRLumen... and others....
Wait a sec, I haven't sworn at anyone at all :\

Look, the problem isn't the fact that you're telling people they're wrong. It's the way you do it. You blatantly attack them, and there's no reason at all to do that. It's a lot worse than just "an ill-mannered fashion". Stop downplaying your own aggression. The fact is that you're aggressive in a majority of your posts - how can you expect not to be met with aggression in return? A lot of us here are open to being wrong. But none of us will accept condescension or insults. At the end of the day, we are a community. A place for people to belong. A place to foster new and old players alike. You actively discourage and violate the principles of the forum and the community.

And if you think you're the only one being treated like this - the only one on the cross, so to speak - think again. People with intolerable attitudes will, in fact, not be tolerated, regardless of who you are or what your history is. The only reason why it seems like you're the only one being persecuted is because you're in an extremely small minority of members, and among one of the most radical ones, too. I haven't been on the boards that long, but you and like two other people are literally the only ones I've seen with such a persistently negative attitude.

Seriously. Dude.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
It's not the words you use, it's your attitude. Disagreeing with another's opinions does not mean you should instantly dismiss them. You stifle discussion, belittle opinions and cast aspersions on the skill of posters without any basis or any sort of noteworthy accomplishment yourself. If you get your jimmies by being the ultimate Forum Authority On Samus (TM), then great, but you're not going to promote any sort of discuss and you're not going to encourage people to listen to you the way you say things now. I couldn't care less if people were ******* to you when you posted on an old forum, right here and now if you want any sort of respect you have to extend basic courtesy and respect to the people you talk to. That is how it works. New players exploring a new character in a new metagame help each other out and share tech instead of dismissing anything, no matter how seemingly insignificant, that others contribute. What the hell do you expect to gain out of calling people scrubs? What do you think people will perceive you as? Tough? Intimidating? Knowledgeable? Or a cantankerous wannabe know-it-all who can't hold a conversation for five posts without spelling out an insult?

You've needed an attitude adjustment for a while now, and I didn't think anything anyone says could have an effect on you, the only reason I'm posting this right now because you displayed a spectacularly infuriating capacity to miss the mark with that post of yours. Here it is spelled out: When you go out of your way to insist someone else's opinions are entirely without merit, justifying this invalidation with baseless insults and name-calling, you will be rightfully labeled as a detriment to discussion and constructive discourse because you will be actively derailing and demeaning the topic and its poster. You need to understand that other people can have valid opinions even if they are not winning nationals with Samus. You need to accept that new players have a right to post their opinion, put forth their input and be corrected or contribute without being insulted. The problem is not "new players thinking they're the best", it's you not having basic decency or any kind of courtesy.

But who cares, you'll probably respond to this attempt to get through to you with an unpunctuated post peppered with ellipses that you perceive as a real "zinger". So whatever, I don't use the ignore list but I've stopped ascribing worth to your posts anyway.

Fortress

Smash Master
I haven't been on the boards that long, but you and like two other people are literally the only ones I've seen with such a persistently negative attitude.
(I've been getting away with it for a while, but don't tell anybody)

(our secret)

Litt

Samus
Yup heres my condescending reply... a grand total of about 6 of you constantly come on here... more ellipses for those of you that love them... ... ... and none of you contribute anything with the exception of one or two... and that is on occasions... if you dont care to be met with condescension... THEN ASK INSTEAD OF JUST STATING YOUR OPINION... more ellipses .... .... ... ... you talk about a community... yet if you are not an active member who competes, an is a quality player, ORRRR actually understands the game to a higher level... DO NOT POST ON HERE AS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE IT WILL BE MET WITH PEOPLE TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE FLAT OUT WRONG... I dont have patience for your **** clogging up a board, but I would be more than happy to answer any question any of you have if you would just hold your pride and ask them instead of waiting to be told you are wrong or an idiot.... most of you just play with your friends and come here because you are just getting into the scene and ask for advice while giving input that is 99% unless or already known, a few of you have recognized that when you sift those the tirades I go on telling off new players to shut up and listen instead of posting and giving incorrect advice there is actually useful information, so now that all of you know that... HMMMMMM wait for it more ellipses to come... ... ... ... DON'T antagonize me when I tell you are wrong or something you put was pointless, and just inquire as to why I said something... BECAUSE THERE IS MOST LIKELY A GOOD DEAL OF THOUGHT I PUT INTO SOMETHING BEFORE MAKING A CLAIM OR POST OR INFORMING SOMEONE THEY ARE WRONG

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
Yup heres my condescending reply... a grand total of about 6 of you constantly come on here... more ellipses for those of you that love them... ... ... and none of you contribute anything with the exception of one or two... and that is on occasions... if you dont care to be met with condescension... THEN ASK INSTEAD OF JUST STATING YOUR OPINION... more ellipses .... .... ... ... you talk about a community... yet if you are not an active member who competes, an is a quality player, ORRRR actually understands the game to a higher level... DO NOT POST ON HERE AS IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE IT WILL BE MET WITH PEOPLE TELLING YOU THAT YOU ARE FLAT OUT WRONG... I dont have patience for your **** clogging up a board, but I would be more than happy to answer any question any of you have if you would just hold your pride and ask them instead of waiting to be told you are wrong or an idiot.... most of you just play with your friends and come here because you are just getting into the scene and ask for advice while giving input that is 99% unless or already known, a few of you have recognized that when you sift those the tirades I go on telling off new players to shut up and listen instead of posting and giving incorrect advice there is actually useful information, so now that all of you know that... HMMMMMM wait for it more ellipses to come... ... ... ... DON'T antagonize me when I tell you are wrong or something you put was pointless, and just inquire as to why I said something... BECAUSE THERE IS MOST LIKELY A GOOD DEAL OF THOUGHT I PUT INTO SOMETHING BEFORE MAKING A CLAIM OR POST OR INFORMING SOMEONE THEY ARE WRONG
Yeah, there's no hope for you =___=

Narpas_sword

why are people trying to change Klit?

He's not a Brawl mod.

This is 2014, we know how the net works. People post how they want. Ignore it and move on, you can't change it.

It's just awkward social skill, we've all been there.

And we all know that social abilities in no way correlate to smash skills.

Last edited:

KoRLumen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoRLumen
3DS FC
3437-3066-8679
why are people trying to change Klit?

He's not a Brawl mod.

This is 2014, we know how the net works. People post how they want, ignore it and move on, you can't change it.

It's just awkward social skill, we've all been there.

And we all know that social abilities in no way correlate to smash skills.
It would be okay if he weren't actively making this board a worse place by discouraging newcomers to try and participate when they're sick of following the big guys like lost little lambs.

Personally, I check out these threads because I want to learn more about Samus. Then I see KLit cockblocking pretty much anything anyone tries to say as if someone appointed him to be the be-all, end-all of the boards. He's proud, arrogant, and has a twisted perception of the way things should work - the best part is how he isn't open to any criticism whatsoever. No, I'm not talking about his smash skills. I'm sure he's more than just a half decent player. But in terms of social skills, he has a real deficiency. The funny part is that he'll talk smack to anyone who he assumes isn't on an equal or higher smash skill as he is, but won't even consider anything his social betters say.

How can you NOT not ignore him? xD

Last edited:
Top Bottom