• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Reverse B/B Reversal issues/tech on Charge Shot

Litt

Samus
Yes, this is awesome, but it leaves you very vulnerable to any attacks while doing this? and does it still allow you to gain altitude on stages that slope downward instead of just straight down?

Chevy

Smash Ace
Yes, this is awesome, but it leaves you very vulnerable to any attacks while doing this? and does it still allow you to gain altitude on stages that slope downward instead of just straight down?
Yeah, it should probably only be used when you really need it, or as a rare mix-up. I haven't actually tested it fully on Final Destination or Fountain of Dreams. It's kind of difficult to get to the bottom wall of FD, given the angle of the slope, but I could see FoD working. It'd be funny if Samus could still come back from the bottom of FoD without melee tether.

pizzacato

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
coda#0
NNID
Pizzacato
I discovered it even. Lol. Not that no-one else probably did, but it was in my op.
Yes, I read this post and tried it out. I don't have ways to record gameplay. And even if I did, I still can't do it as smoothly as your video. BUT I WAS GETTIN' IT. PM meta game advances even further. too good

Chevy

Smash Ace
Yeah, it took a few tries to get it right. I'm lucky my roommate has a capture card. Glad you enjoy it dude.

Litt

Samus
Yeah, it should probably only be used when you really need it, or as a rare mix-up. I haven't actually tested it fully on Final Destination or Fountain of Dreams. It's kind of difficult to get to the bottom wall of FD, given the angle of the slope, but I could see FoD working. It'd be funny if Samus could still come back from the bottom of FoD without melee tether.
Umm the way you can prob do it from FoD, is bomb jump to the bottom and DI into the wall --> wall jump --> charge shot reverse cancel --> rising grapple, if that way doesn't work, i wouldn't think there would be any other way (besides saving your second jump)

Chevy

Smash Ace
So, if you can wall jump off of the last flat part of FoD, before the chalice curves, you can just screw attack up. So if you can get to the bottom you should be able to get back. For FD, doing a wall jump charge shot reverse from the bottom will get you the ledge, so it's pretty much just a mix-up that leaves you more vulnerable on that stage.

Litt

Samus
So, if you can wall jump off of the last flat part of FoD, before the chalice curves, you can just screw attack up. So if you can get to the bottom you should be able to get back. For FD, doing a wall jump charge shot reverse from the bottom will get you the ledge, so it's pretty much just a mix-up that leaves you more vulnerable on that stage.
Something you may want to look into, is instead of using it as a means of recovery, figure out how long you can stall with it down there, (not actually considered stalling because you slowly lose altitude with each number of wall jumps you do, but if you were to go down there and were able to burn 30 seconds when the match is nearly up, it could become very useful

Chevy

Smash Ace
Something you may want to look into, is instead of using it as a means of recovery, figure out how long you can stall with it down there, (not actually considered stalling because you slowly lose altitude with each number of wall jumps you do, but if you were to go down there and were able to burn 30 seconds when the match is nearly up, it could become very useful
That's interesting. It would be very scary given the demanding timing, but definitely something to consider.

Top Bottom