• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Returning to the stage via fair

Spife

Smash Master
I'm sure some one has posted this but I felt like sharing it because I haven't read it yet. If you get knocked off the stage, DI towards the stage and fire A like mad. As soon as you break tumble you will fair your way back to the stage for literally impossible distances otherwise. I only wish I had a video but it's ridiculous how far Sonic can make it back with his fair.

I'm not well versed in this game yet, but I think by doing this you'll lower the fairs damage but...well it comes down to living at that point.

Once again, sorry if this is common knowledge, but I feel it is very important to know >.>

Spife

Smash Master
I know I didn't stress this enough (I might be able to get a video of it) but you literally have to spam his fair. Next chance you get, put your self in a situation where you're knocked off the stage and far. I've seen the fair used for recovery but about as fast as Marth in melee with his side b (with as much time between moves I mean).
My question is, will this lower the fair's damage and knock back? (Or does that only work when you connect with that attack?)

Spife

Smash Master
That is good to know! Thanks (I feel like a nub for not knowing that)

Spife

Smash Master
Are you gimped in spin dash if youv'e already used your second jump?
Can you up b out of spin dash?
Can you break out of spin dash?
God I wish I had a Wii so I could stop asking questions and start trying things x__X;

Tyeforce

Smash Apprentice
Are you gimped in spin dash if youv'e already used your second jump?
Can you up b out of spin dash?
Can you break out of spin dash?
God I wish I had a Wii so I could stop asking questions and start trying things x__X;
Sorry, I'm not really the tournament/competitive guy, so I have no idea what gimped means.
You can use Spring Jump out of Spin Dash.
Again, I don't know what you mean by "break out of".

If you spindash after your double jump, you fall to your death unless you actually land on the stage. You can't even catch the edge. Bad idea for recovering.

You cannot UpB out of your spindash unless you jump first.

You can break out of the spindash with a jump provided you have a jump left. Oddly enough, you have a about half a second where you can't jump out of your Spindash after you turn around with it.

Thanks for the info. I'm a Sonic main, so this is pretty helpful. I didn't notice it.

Top Bottom