• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Retro+Zelda

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
There's been some tlak of Retro working on a Zelda game so I want to see what people would like from this sort of thing. An HD Wii U experience, a 3DS top-down game. Something totally different like an open world Sheik game or a throwback to side scrollin' Zelda(perhaps it could be like a mix of smash and terraria)

Just wondering, or would you rather America didn't touch Zelda.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't know that this is the project best suited to Retro's expertise being that the Zelda series does have so much eastern influence(even though it's set in kind of a Euro fantasy...), but regardless I'd still highly anticipate it if announced, Retro has consistently made the best games of Nintendo's various dev teams since their first release IMO

(Monolith may be looking to change my mind in a few months...)

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
As awesome as this could be, I'd rather see Retro cut loose to an original IP. I think they've earned it.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
This would be amazing. Any thing Retro makes is amazing. I heard that they might be making a new Starfox though.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
As awesome as this could be, I'd rather see Retro cut loose to an original IP. I think they've earned it.
Agreed, personally not thrilled about them with Zelda. I don't think it would suit them as much as starfox would or just something all their own, but at the same time I didn't trust them with DK and they pulled it off. I'd rather seem them do an original IP for the Wii U before anything else unless they could bring something seriosuly new to Zelda.

R h y m e

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't mind seeing a Metroid Prime-esque game as a spinoff, but it really would disappoint me as a main series title.
Nonetheless, excited about this.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why would it really disappoint you? The Metroid Prime trilogy is part of the main series of Metroid and those are some damn good games. Donkey Kong Country Returns was a damn good game. I'd love to see Retro injectro themselves into Zeldro.

etecoon

Smash Hero
Sakamoto pretty much said the Prime games are non-canon, it sucks because they're so much better than everything he's done since Super Metroid, but technically the Prime games aren't main series.

But yeah, Retro has a damn good track record, I look forward to anything they do in the future Zelda or otherwise

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well, considering the Capcom Zelda games are canon, Retro Zelda games would definitely be canon since they are a subsidiary company of Nintendo.

finalark

SNORLAX
I'd be okay with it. Retro is damn good at what they do and I'd love to see them do a Zelda game. I mean Metriod is, when you get down to it, side scrolling/first person Zelda IN SPACE anyway.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Miyamoto has been talking a lot about doing a retro throw back to Link to the Past and when asked if it would be a remake or a new game, rather than say it was just a rumor or an idea, he said it would depend on the directors he would be given.

I'd love to see Retro do a sequel to LttP

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Miyamoto has been talking a lot about doing a retro throw back to Link to the Past and when asked if it would be a remake or a new game, rather than say it was just a rumor or an idea, he said it would depend on the directors he would be given.

I'd love to see Retro do a sequel to LttP
Yes, it would be great to see a new overhead 2d Zelda game. I think that Retro is most likely working on starfox Wii U though. I'm sure Nintendo themselves would do a great job on a LTTP seqeul even if Retro didn't make it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
What has convinced you that they're working on Starfox Wii U? I've heard nothing of this sort. Zelda seems more likely.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
What has convinced you that they're working on Starfox Wii U? I've heard nothing of this sort. Zelda seems more likely.
Well, its the opposite for me, I havent heard much about Retro being the one making Zelda Wii U. People are just speculating that Zelda could be the project Zelda is working on which makes sense. But according to Official Nintendo magazine, Retro has said...

“While some suggest this new project is likely to be a return to the Metroid franchise, we’d love to see another Nintendo hero get the retro stamp of excellence. After all, having rolled out the barrels for Donkey Kong, perhaps it’s time Retro pulled off a Barrel roll of a different kind.”

Top Bottom