• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Results Posted!* All Day Brawl Day - Spring Hill, FL - Apr 13th - 1v1/2v2 Tourneys

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Results!!

Singles Results:
Singles Bracket

1 Raef
2 Pink
3 Gee
4 Game Dragonx
5 Rodrick
5 SamusFTW
7 Ree
7 C@sh Mooney
9 <3 LOBO <3
9 Doo Doo
9 Chris D
9 Duke
13 Null
13 Mike
13 Alex
13 Majik Ninja

Team Results:
Teams Bracket

1 Raef and Pink - Day Break
2 GDX and Chris - Curious George and the Man in the Yellow Hat
3 Rich and Diff - Team ****
4 Simpson and LoBo - Team CVS
5 Jimmy and Adam - Team Sunglasses
5 Gee and Duke - Salt n Pepper
7 JMV and Syco - Bonkai

After Thoughts:
A BIG thanks to everyone that made it out... you guys were great. I think overall everything ran smoothly. I hope you guys can make it out to All Day Brawl Day Part 2... I'm planning on hosting it at the end of May... I got some great feedback from the people I got to talk to as well as some great ideas for the next Tourney. We want the next tourney to be AT LEAST twice the size as this one... 40 people is our goal but we have a whole back area that we can fit 8 to 10 setups... we could host a lot more people comfortably. OK I'm rambling now. Thanks again everyone that made it out. I hope to see all of you next month. All feedback is appreciated.

-LoBo

4Dextreme Presents - All Day Brawl Day -
Super Smash Brothers Brawl 1v1/2v2 Double Elimination Tournament/All Day Brawl and Melee "Friendly" Games.

Come out for a full day of Smash!!!!!

Date: Sunday, April 13th

Time: 12:00PM to ?:??AM whenever we feel like leaving.
Doubles registration closes at 1:00PM The first match will begin at 2:00PM
*We'll start singles registrations while doubles are going on.

2134 Mariner Blvd
Spring Hill,FL 34069
http://www.4dextreme.com/
Spring Hill is about 30 minutes north of Tampa

Price:
$15.00 Singles
$ 10.00 Doubles

*This will also get you a free hour of time at the LAN center to use the computers
*Melee and Brawl Friendlies are open for everyone

Tournament Information:

Prize:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
(20% of the initial pot goes to LAN center because we dont make any money and we need to pay bills lulz.)

Rules!
(Open for discussion)
-This is meant to be fun so have fun!
- Double Elimination Bracket
- Matches will be best out of 3 except for the final match which will be Best of 5
- 1v1 Matches are 3 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
- 2v2 Matches are 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
- Character selection Double Blind upon request
- No Items No Final Smashes sry lol
- You may use your own controller, if you'd like. Any standard Controller set up is allowed... no turbo controllers/mods...

Stage Selection:

Neutral Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Cicuit
Bridge of Eldin
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Island
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar
Pokemon stadium 1

Pre Registration
Just reply in this thread!

If you have any questions you can call the store phone
352-683-4335
Or you can reach me on aim: JohnLoBianco

We have plenty of room for extra TVS and such if you'd like to bring setups to make for more smash. Bring setups if you can! we don't need them but every bit helps.

Attendance: (Based on interest on the boards and at the LAN center)

1.Alfy
2.Simpson
3.Ree
4.BlackDog
5.Rolo
6.Diff
7.SycoNinja
8.Majik
9.Avenger
10.Alan
11.Spaddy
12.Mitch
13.SmashYourMom
14.Mankosuki
15.Jimiisama
16.xYz
17.GameDragonX + 4 friends
18.C@sh Mooney
19.Abe
20.Raef
21.BB
22.BloodyChaos
23.Vigilant Gambit
24.TheDuke
25.gee
26.aki
27.R!S3
28.CanDy
29.R4Ze
30.TroM
31.S4MUS4theW1nN

This tourney could be BIG we just need YOU!!!

Smash your MoM

Smash Ace
1st

im down 4 this but 20 bucks 4 a door fee......wow thats alot and if u get a FREE 1HR on the comp..than y u gotta pay?????ill only go if a big amount of people go...but again its 20 bucks door fee i highly think no 1 will show up...

OLIMAR

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
SYM, the "door fee" is also the entrance to the tourney since there's no separate charge.

I'll be there though.

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
1st

im down 4 this but 20 bucks 4 a door fee......wow thats alot and if u get a FREE 1HR on the comp..than y u gotta pay?????ill only go if a big amount of people go...but again its 20 bucks door fee i highly think no 1 will show up...

OLIMAR
My bad SYM I worded that funny. I fixed it. :)

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
I wanna go; although there's another tourney the day before in St Petersburg. I might have to decide between either this one or the other.

Your stages don't seem to be separated into what's considered Neutral and what's Counter Pick. Most tourneys seem to be doing Battlefield, Final Destination, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), and Smashville on Neutral.

You also don't seem to have thorough stage selection rules. Generally, the first match of a series is a random stage (from the Neutral stage set), and then all other subsequent matches in a series are counterpicked stages (from the Counter Pick and Neutral sets). Generally: loser of previous match announced stage, winner picks character, loser picks character. Also, as a rule, tournaments generally don't allow you to use the same stage twice in one series.

Also... How are you setups? I know this is a LAN center, so is everything on LCD screens? If so, do you use component cables for all setups? Can you guarantee that LCD setups will have minimal lag (although I don't think we can fully avoid lag on LCD's).

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Jimii, I'm gonna go ahead and modify the stage rules a little bit. I'll most likely just jack Manko's stage rules,
We have 2 Vizio HDTVs ran through a switcher. we've never had a problem with lag on them... but we most likely wont use those for the tourney. We have two regular old tvs that we'll be using for the tourney... When is the tourney in st pete? we'll push back ours if it interferes. We'd like to make this a regular thing, like biweeklies or once a month. We already have a pretty solid smash community here. It'd be nice to get some people coming of from tampa, orlando, and the surrounding areas.

I think I covered everything :)

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
^ The St Pete one is the day before; it may not be a hassle for people who live in the area, but I live in Orlando, and it could be a bit pricey to go back and fourth twice. I don't really have a problem missing one of them; I mean there will be other tournaments. I'll most likely go to this one, but I need to make sure everything's clear for that weekend before I preregister. Also... I have a small TV I can bring, but I don't think I'll be able to bring a Wii (it's not mine).

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
I was going to push it back a week to the 20th but that'll interfere with the gigabits tourney. I dont want to push it back too far...I'm worried that there isn't going to be a very good turn out... not many people on the forums have really expressed interest in coming. I went to Manko's tourney last week hoping to meet some people but didn't really talk to anyone cuz I had no sleep the night before because I drove an hour to pick up some kid. I slept during friendlies. If you want to come out to the LAN center on the 12th I'll drive to the tourney this way you won't have to drive as far. Afterwards there will be a good amount of people playing brawl until 6AM, theres a futon you could crash on too if you'd like to sleep before driving back to Orlando... I don't know its an option :)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
oh if you want ppl to come,
leave tournament fee to $15, even at sign up
some of us dont have paypal, or like useing internet transactions.

and...add 2v2 before 1v1, you can even make the start time earlier if possible..
alot of ppl go to tournies just for 2v2.

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
So the tourney is still on the 13th? There's a tourney next week in Orlando at Hard Knocks; I can try to let as many people know as I can. I'll try to pool with a bunch of players too; hopefully you can get a good turnout. Don't be discouraged by few preregistering players; a lot of out-of-town players may not want to preregister online.

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Jimi/xYz thanks for the words of encouragement... this is the first official tourney that I am throwing... there will definitely be more to come. I'm thinking we'll even make this biweekly. I'm gonna make the price 15 and add 2v2 for 10 each. I'm going to modify the rule set now.

Where about in O-town is Hard Knocks? We have some worthy locals at the LAN center maybe we'll come out and represent the store and meet some people.

Thanks a bunch.

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
cool... if i can get someone to watch the LAN center on Saturday I'll totally be there.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
well i def have the day off and i'll be there with some of my crew.

TNT

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
We've had about 30 locals say that they are going to be here for the tourney, we also have a flyer up at our local playntrade... so thats going to bring some people in... we're not taking any money until the day of... im sure half of the people I have talked to aren't going to come because they don't have money or think don't have a shot against the better locals. We have some competitors for sure.

If we can get at least 30 people in here I'll put 100 bucks out of my pocket into the Pot.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hour and 40 minutes away. A hefty drive...me and the rest of my peoples should be there if they chip in for gas money (cause theres no way im covering all of this, not with premium gas prices these days)

So if we come, thats about 4 more you can put down

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
Gas Prices are pretty ridiculous these days... hope you can make it out.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
bump for attention. peoples need to know

and also, do you HAVE to pre-req somehow, or can I just show up the day and register?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
if you're throwing in an extra $100 then im sure to go, because you haven't listed an attandance, nor I know how many ppl will show up. So please, start signing up ppl, and start a head count, so ppl 2 hours away like me will know how many ppl are gonna be there, and if its worth the drive.

thanks!

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
hey johnlobo, have you ever ran a smash tourney?
if not.. i'l be more than happy to help you run it. I have some exp. running tournies.

but it should be
2v2 first
with a 30min or 1hr break in between
then 1v1.

18 ppl so far huh?
make some flyers and put them around the venue and apartment complexes or dorms, ppl will for sure will come.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if not.. i'l be more than happy to help you run it. I have some exp. running tournies.

but it should be
2v2 first
then 1v1.

18 ppl so far huh?
make some flyers and put them around the venue and apartment complexes or dorms, ppl will for sure will come.
...if you advertise...they will come...

Well, ill be there no matter what, but it'll be nice to have more people.

blast_ssbb

Smash Ace
i just moved to spring hill. according to google maps i live 6 mins away. so ill definitely try to be there. ill walk if my mom wont take me. add me to the list. see u all there.

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice

but it should be
2v2 first
then 1v1.

18 ppl so far huh?
We do smaller tourneys at 5 oclock every day so I've got the whole double elimination bracket thing down to a science...We'll probably be ok in the help dept. thanks for the offer. :) you could totally help out by spreading the word to everyone you know that plays smash... the lack of interest is worrying me... it seems like because I haven't been a member of the community for very long so people don't know me and are less likely to drive the distance to come to the tourney.

Whatever happens its going to be a good day. Whether there is 20 people playing smash or 60 people playing smash its still going to be a full day of smash and that in itself... is glorious... or something :)

JohnLoBo

Smash Apprentice
i just moved to spring hill. according to google maps i live 6 mins away. so ill definitely try to be there. ill walk if my mom wont take me. add me to the list. see u all there.
Come out to the store today I'll be here all day... we're on Mariner Blvd. right next to PJ's pizza...

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
the lack of interest is worrying me... it seems like because I haven't been a member of the community for very long so people don't know me and are less likely to drive the distance to come to the tourney.
Not at all. Look at hard knocks for example. they've been in the smash community for what, one tourney? and they had 128 people. thats the biggest brawl tourneys thats been held in the nation so far. so yeah, it shouldn't matter really. I've already gotten a few people in my area interested, and I may try to come if I don't have plans already, so put me on the list again. lol

and btw, wanna just drop the stupid ride thing? we started off on the wrong foot,imo at least. I'd prefer to not be at a tourney having the Tourney Director dislike me =/

Top Bottom