• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Results for Smash Sundays 10-26 Hamden, Ct

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to thank everyone that came. We had a great time. Love to see the new faces!

In singles we had 15 entrants.

Top 4 relatively in order.

1. Roberto Passaro (Wario) (53$) (That's a 3rd time in a row he's won)
2. Jason Croog (Olimar) (15$)
3. Dtree (Lucas)
4. Kurt Larsen (Pikachu)

In doubles 3 teams competed

1. Jason Croog (Olimar) and Chris Gentry (Lucas) (30$)
2. Matt Piro (Kirby) and Nick Piro (Lucas)
3. Tom Hubany (Samus) and Katie (Kirby)

Thanks again to everyone that came. Next Smash Sundays will be Nov 9 at the same place. Hope to see you all there.

Smash Sundays Crew
TO: Jason Croog
Host: Chris Gentry

IcyLight

Smash Lord
hmm seems like this has a decent outcome. I might attempt to make it next time considering no other tournies in CT

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Hope you can. We had a great time and would always appreciate more people :D Maybe you can take down our champ... I'm having issues with him myself lol.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
if icylight goes, then theres a good chance me and noodles would too. and if we go then hopefully it'll start a chain reaction and we could get weeklies going with decent turnouts...

one could only hope...

noodles

Smash Champion
if me tv and icy goes theres a good chance we will all be in the top 3 lol

DotDo

Smash Rookie
I really want to attend more tournaments, but my dad probably won't let me too often. About how long did this last?

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
I really want to attend more tournaments, but my dad probably won't let me too often. About how long did this last?
well we really started around 1:30 and singles ended easily by 3ish. I think we finished doubles by 5 or earlier. We're pretty lax on time constraints, like this week we postponed starting waiting for a friend for like an extra 45 min.:chuckle: we're nice like that.

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
if icylight goes, then theres a good chance me and noodles would too. and if we go then hopefully it'll start a chain reaction and we could get weeklies going with decent turnouts...

one could only hope...
I hope you can make it. I'd love a few more regulars, but it'll be tough to beat out our top players.:laugh:

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Me, noodles, icy vs any 3 regulars that attend these tournies?

I'm down...

IcyLight

Smash Lord
oh yeah, me noodles and teevee are rapists. GL guys we are def. coming to this. It will be nice to see some other good players. Teevee can you bring noodles and meet me there? it's like an extra 30m to add to my trip if i pick you guys up and drop off. OH YEAH, crew battles. We can do 3v3. You kids going down! xD BTW, i'd love to see you guys make an effort to show up to newbs for brawl. We trying to get one massive tournament going in CT where everyone can get together. Right now it's in Watertown, like 35m west of Hamden, CT. I'd love to have a 50 average turnout instead of 2 tournies average 35 and 15. In return, we will try to get some of us to show up to your tournies, making them both a bit bigger. It would be a great thing for the brawl community. There is also a new CT Brawl player finder. You can find it here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201794 Anyways, i'm def. looking forward to this.

arcane9211

Smash Apprentice
Maybe I'll go to this some time- you're about a half hour away from me.

Sundays are tough, though...too bad it's not Saturday =/

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
5$ per person is our entry. I'll post up for the next one some time tomorrow. So we can continue the trash talk. And I KNOW me and Wario4Ever could take all you down... that's just how it is. No arguments allowed. Right Roberto?

TeeVee

Smash Lord
Well icy > you, me > wario, and noodles > whoever else you have...

lol anyways, the ONLY way people are gonna take these tournies serious is if you change the maps allowed. i feel like the newbs for brawl listing was perfect...

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
I doubt that, but you're by all means welcome to try. :D:D:D
lololol I'm coming.

I'll IM you later today at like 1, if you're not on just sign on and go away and I'll send you the stagelist/ruleset I came up with for NFB4 and I'll discuss it with you later tonight or something if you want to talk about anything on it.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
hey i don't like the newbs for brawl maps list, who the **** bans luigi's mansion, there are no meta in CT let it live on! xD

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
But Oli is so pretty.... why hate on him. He just gives you pets (pikmin) for some lovin. They all just need some love!!!!!!

GO OLI!

DotDo

Smash Rookie
well we really started around 1:30 and singles ended easily by 3ish. I think we finished doubles by 5 or earlier. We're pretty lax on time constraints, like this week we postponed starting waiting for a friend for like an extra 45 min.:chuckle: we're nice like that.
Wow, only 2ish hours on Singles. Thats good. My dad doesn't like me coming because it usually takes a long time. I'll talk with him

noodles

Smash Champion
the payout should be 60/30/10 and maybe charge 2$ venue fee for the TO

noodles

Smash Champion
TO= tournament organizer 10% of the pot goes to the TO instead of doing that why not have a 2$ venue fee for him. that way 1-3 gets paid and so does he (probably around 30$) so he cant complain. everyones happy

Top Bottom