• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rest & WoP help

Pippi

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm new to Jigglypuff and I've been trying out how to do her DAir to Rest combo. I've seen videos about it and how she can do it to all characters but I'm having trouble doing it. The only character I can do it on is on Bowser.

Whenever I try to do it on another character, I always end up just DAir-ing and crouching, especially on those small characters or if not, I'd just end up making Rest miss.

Any tips on how to make it easier to land on smaller characters?

saberhof

Smash Master
well every time i land it with ALL the kicks, they trip for some reason, and that's where i hit the rest, it always happens to me =/...i don't know if there's something else going on here :O

Pippi

Smash Rookie
Well, I've got the timing of the DAir down (it seems I have to use the DAir as I'm above the fighter's head, or like what others said before, as I SH, DAir right away)

However, I'm sort of having a problem timing my FAirs for a WoP. Whenever I try to FAir an opponent, he/she just ends up recovering before I can. Do you guys have any tips on how to be able to land all the aerials for a successful WoP? I've read around that WoP is an easy technique for Jiggs, but I'm kinda having trouble. Also, it'd be nice to be able to get a list of all the moves possible to help Jiggs get enemies off the stage. ^^;

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I can't really give you tips, just to say that you have to anticipate your opponent. Try doing it on Captain Falcon or Ganondorf. Thats all I can really tell you, the rest is practice.

Roller

Smash Legend
OK, I have a REALLY n00bish question.

Under what conditions does rest work? I know that Dair can set your opponent up for a rest, but why does that work?
What conditions need to be true of jiggs/the character in order for a rest to hit?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
^???

You just need Jigglypuff's sprite to overlap or touch the other character for rest to hit if that's what you meant.

Top Bottom