• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Respawn Options

StickyChopstix

Smash Rookie
What do you guys think about player options when respawning? Such as being able to manipulate the position of the respawning platform?

Also the time span between death and respawning? Maybe it'd be cool to have an option to shorten/lengthen it?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
i think that the only thing that should change about respawning is making the characters get back up from the "floor" on the platforms a la Smash 64

do it PMBR, you know you want to

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
All I ask for is shortened invincibility. I hate resorting to ledge camping or risking a cross up just to avoid an invincible opponent. Especially more so on smaller stages.

metroid1117

Smash Master
All I ask for is shortened invincibility. I hate resorting to ledge camping or risking a cross up just to avoid an invincible opponent. Especially more so on smaller stages.
Invincibility is already shortened somewhat due to how Brawl handles it compared to Melee. In Melee, invincibility "ate" hitboxes such that if you were hit, the hitbox of the attack would be deactivated and you wouldn't be hit if your invincibility ended during hitlag. In Brawl/PM, invincibility doesn't do this, causing you to be hit during hitlag even if you took the hit while you were invincible.

Also, it's possible to out-play and bait opponents while they're invincible; it isn't PM, but Mango does this a lot when playing Hungrybox. Baiting people into bad positions during invincibility is critical, so I wouldn't want to see it shortened. 2 seconds is enough for the respawning player to gain back stage control, but it's also short enough for them to be punished for recklessly approaching by the defending player. This is just IMO though and not the official standpoint of the PMBR, others may have different viewpoints regarding this topic.

Kati

Smash Lord
options that can be changed in the menu are always good. But the default should stay the same. I think the PMBR has other priorities for the time being though.

(but yeah smash64 had the best details for things like the characters picking themselves up after respawning).

Top Bottom