• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Requesting Riverside-area Smashers!

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm Wurm Theory. Chances are (with the exception of a select few people), you've never heard of me. That's fine. Recently I've been working to improve my Smash game immensely, but I am having extreme trouble finding people to Smash with. I only Smash with one other person, and he basically told me that he's tired of losing to me and doesn't want to Smash against me anymore, so I am diligently seeking new people to play with.

I've already tried talking to Gimpy, JTB, and Knivez (who all live in Riverside), but they keep blowing me off and referring me to one-another to essentially get me off of their back and leave them alone. I get it guys. It doesn't bug me (except for the fact that you won't directly tell me and keep avoiding it) but I'm still left with no Smash buddies.

Anyways, with that out of the way (call it venting if you must), I humbly request people in my area to heed my Smash-craved call and invite me to join them in the festivities of gaming. If you wish to make an inquiry on my characteristics and general personality before inviting me to Smash with you, feel free to contact me via:

AIM: virusinqueue
MSN/email: morbid_lamentation@hotmail.com
MySpace: Erudite Spleen (display name)
Or just send me a private message here.

Thank you for reading my request, and I hope to hear from you soon.

-Wurm

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
if you're serious about the game (which i doubt, especially at this time), go to a tournament, play, get *****, find people who got ***** about as badly as you, make friends, live happily ever after.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
the only player worth playing in riverside is luigi, and he wouldn't be good for you because he's pretty amazing at this game.

gimpy -- uses bowser, not fun
jtb -- uses puff, not fun
knives -- doesn't play, gives people the run-around anyway
nashun -- uses kirby, not fun

seriously, why does everyone in riverside use crappy boring characters?

start driving.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I keep forgetting to reply to PMs =\

paOol

Smash Apprentice
hey whats up. i go to UCR and i live on campus. but i go home on the weekends.
i'll gladly play against you. im in the same boat. alot of my friends are total noobs and i just whoop them and they say it gets boring lol.
anywho , i dont have wifi at home o_O but i can use the school wifi when im there.

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
It's true that at this time, with Brawl only three weeks away, that I'm less serious about Melee, but I still play it, and practice regularly. I had the privilege of playing Gimpy once (when I was a much worse player) and having my *** handed to me, and it was fun. I learned a lot about the competitive mindset from him, but since then he's been acting like he's ducking me, so I can't really get much out of him. As far as tournaments go, I look at the tournament calender and see no tournament in my area.

Because of certain complications with my car, I can't take long trips out of town, so attending LA and OC tournaments is generally out the window (unless I make friends, which is what I'm trying to do now). More than anything, I wish to make some Smash friends before Brawl comes out so that I have people to play Brawl with instead of only playing it with myself, which is basically how I play melee these days.

I'm not a bad player. I know how to Wavedash at will, and L-Cancel, Tech, Waveland, and I can SHFFL decently, apply mindgames, etc.

Anyways, I'll stop justifying my position to the obviously arrogant and cynically jaded repliers of this post.

-Wurm

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
if you're less serious about melee with brawl 3 weeks away then why would you even post this long sappy story about your car and how you're being ignored?

you said you're less serious because of brawl but i think you're less serious because nobody plays with you no homo.

Knivez

Smash Ace
the only player worth playing in riverside is luigi, and he wouldn't be good for you because he's pretty amazing at this game.

gimpy -- uses bowser, not fun
jtb -- uses puff, not fun
knives -- doesn't play, gives people the run-around anyway
nashun -- uses kirby, not fun

seriously, why does everyone in riverside use crappy boring characters?

start driving.
what's this that i dont play?

I just beat luigi in a local ucr melee tourny last week.

P, I'm not gonna lie, I give ya the run-around because i'm busy and i dont like you.:)

WURM, contact me on aim @ myokscreename

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet
It's true that at this time, with Brawl only three weeks away, that I'm less serious about Melee, but I still play it, and practice regularly. I had the privilege of playing Gimpy once (when I was a much worse player) and having my *** handed to me, and it was fun. I learned a lot about the competitive mindset from him, but since then he's been acting like he's ducking me, so I can't really get much out of him. As far as tournaments go, I look at the tournament calender and see no tournament in my area.

Because of certain complications with my car, I can't take long trips out of town, so attending LA and OC tournaments is generally out the window (unless I make friends, which is what I'm trying to do now). More than anything, I wish to make some Smash friends before Brawl comes out so that I have people to play Brawl with instead of only playing it with myself, which is basically how I play melee these days.

I'm not a bad player. I know how to Wavedash at will, and L-Cancel, Tech, Waveland, and I can SHFFL decently, apply mindgames, etc.

Anyways, I'll stop justifying my position to the obviously arrogant and cynically jaded repliers of this post.

-Wurm
If you've got the attitude that you were "Privileged" to play Gimpy (who I might remind you is a human being), then no wonder you aren't being taken seriously. From this post I can already logically deduce that you believe you're below the good players, so why exactly would they want to hang out with you?

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
If you've got the attitude that you were "Privileged" to play Gimpy (who I might remind you is a human being), then no wonder you aren't being taken seriously. From this post I can already logically deduce that you believe you're below the good players, so why exactly would they want to hang out with you?
I felt I was privileged because, at least to my understanding, Gimpy was hard to schedule anything with. Besides, when I did play him, I WAS a "below good" player and have since improved exponentially. Logic is present in the first half of your deduction, as it is based on a rational conclusion, but the second half just sounds like pretentious subjectivity (which I'm not going to lie, existence itself is subjective) and it adds an illogical fallacy to an otherwise logical point, thus weakening your argument.

-Wurm

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
what's this that i dont play?

I just beat luigi in a local ucr melee tourny last week.

P, I'm not gonna lie, I give ya the run-around because i'm busy and i dont like you.:)

WURM, contact me on aim @ myokscreename
yeah, i really don't care, it's just a ***** move. call it as i see it. didn't know it called for a rare knives post.

edit: and yeah, you don't play.

editx2: post like that and it's not surprising no one wants to play with you. but incidentally enough, that makes me want to play with you. but **** driving long distances (unless you're giving me gas money). you can come here though.

editx3: edit 2 was talking to wurm lololol

maybe i can find a reason to edit x4...

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I felt I was privileged because, at least to my understanding, Gimpy was hard to schedule anything with. Besides, when I did play him, I WAS a "below good" player and have since improved exponentially. Logic is present in the first half of your deduction, as it is based on a rational conclusion, but the second half just sounds like pretentious subjectivity (which I'm not going to lie, existence itself is subjective) and it adds an illogical fallacy to an otherwise logical point, thus weakening your argument.

-Wurm
fanboys make these boards amazing <3

Erik McLennan

Smash Cadet

-Wurm
You just rationalized your way out of potentially learning a life lesson. Objective logic is great, but it's only useful if you know that it's only a tool for simplifying reality so as to make it easier to understand.

WurmTheory

Smash Cadet
You just rationalized your way out of potentially learning a life lesson. Objective logic is great, but it's only useful if you know that it's only a tool for simplifying reality so as to make it easier to understand.
I cannot learn a life lesson from one who only provides speculation on situations they only assume to know, so I'll present these words, again:

Existence itself is subjective since the only true proof of anything is perception (so objectivity is out).

Beware the empirical, it leads to ethical egoism, although I should be saying the same thing to myself (even though a good portion of the east would agree with me, but that is completely inconsequential considering-- and once again turning back to-- the nature of perceptive subjectivity).

Edit: Ultimately, I've gotten what I want out of this thread, and since nothing else will be coming my way aside from trolls and molotov cocktails, I'll stop checking it. Look for me on other posts if you're bored enough to flame me more. Adeau.

-Wurm

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Stop scaring away the riverside smashers :(

Top Bottom