• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request for match vids with QAC

Kham

Smash Cadet
I've seen all the vids posted in the QAC thread, including the QAC fight against the CPU and the one with a dsmash to QAC thunder. I was wondering if anyone has more match vids against humans with QAC used effectively?

Enkidu

Smash Cadet
The problem with filming the move whose name has yet to be determined is that it can't be spammed effectively (or at least I don't think it can). The video would just be a montage, not any more useful than what's been posted.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
The problem with filming the move whose name has yet to be determined is that it can't be spammed effectively (or at least I don't think it can). The video would just be a montage, not any more useful than what's been posted.
Uh... hate to break it to you, but "QAC" is pretty much here to stay. Seriously, if you can come up with a better name for what's happening than that in the next year, tell me, because I'm listening. QAC was pretty well unanimously decided to be the tech's name. Furthermore, names are for convenience. When we want to refer to pika's thunder, we don't say "that move where lightning comes down from the sky." We say "thunder." You act as if only a handful of people are using the term "QAC." For the most part, everyone but you either calls it "QACing" or some form thereof (ie. quack).

Kham

Smash Cadet
QAC has little start up lag, moves you far, and no landing lag. Why can't it be spammed or at least used as an approach?

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
Unless you're up against a big character, spamming it is useless. If you check out Anther's videos, he only uses it when he needs to knock someone out with nair immediately.

Anther

Smash Champion
Spamming it usually results in me getting hit with some random defensive attack the other guy is throwing out...

I'm sure you can use it excessively and still fight effectively, and it'd be really fun to watch... just no one has tinkered with it to the point of being able to do that though XD.

The thing about the little start up lag, is that people see you lose your aerial momentum, even if it is for a quick moment... so they can know to throw out an attack at the air right in front of themselves, especially if you've hit them with it before. But that's what mixing it up is all about =].

Spyckie

Smash Apprentice
So I tried spamming it - all I can say is that most of the time you spam it to retreat and camp. ^^

several QACs I use alot -

1) QAC away to thunderjolt/jump thunderjolt... very nice... Its like you're immune to being pressured.
2) QAC to QAC - good mindgame, especially if the person is coming from above.
3) QAC to nair - make sure you mix it up so that you aren't always going directly at them. Try coming from above, behind, and space it so that you either hit them on the way up or hit them on the way down.

No vids unfortunately... sorry.

aznzc

Smash Rookie
well i tried spaming it, i usually just run into a short hop aerial before i can hit the aerial after QAC. the momentum for the QAC usually result in me flying farther then a normal short hope aerial.

D20

Smash Lord
I really have only used QACing for two things so far...

1.) I like to QAC behind someone's shield and instantly go into a nair. At higher percents, it can get you a surprise KO or can lead into edgegaurding.

2.) I also use QACing to create space when an opponent pressures me. I typically use both parts of the quick attack to get as far away as possible. The second part I angle down for the QAC. From that, I'll double jump into a reversed nuetral B.

I'm sure I'll find some more low risk uses for it soon.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
1.) I like to QAC behind someone's shield and instantly go into a nair. At higher percents, it can get you a surprise KO or can lead into edgegaurding.
Yes! I love doing that.

Also, I think QAC can be spammed, Im working on integrating it into a major part of my game. My biggest problem right now is
1) I havent been able to test it out at a human competitive level much at all, and
2) I just havent been able to practice as much as I'd like in general (with school and all)

However, I've played some pretty amazing matches where I'll mainly QAC for most of it. When I do, I usually b-stick so Im also using it for a lot of my movement as well. It's affective, the biggest problem is it takes a ton of time to rack up damage if that's all you're doing. So what I've done is almost ingrained it as a singular fighting style. That is, I might play pikachu in a very traditional sense, and maybe toss out a QAC to nair or dair here and there. Then when it seems like theyre getting used to how I'm playing, I'll switch into QAC mode, and fly around the screen with QAC. I'll get a few hit's off of them, then occasionally switch back and toss in some smashes, grabs, etc. when theyre least expecting it. And interchanging between the two is fun :) . But like I said, I havent been able to play with many people competitively yet.

Top Bottom